Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Louiscipher

Thread: Nightblade PvP

Default Nightblade PvP

What are the current NB specs for WF's and dueling?
    Terrible bored with MM and assassin.

NB / RS for dueling I suppose

61 NB / something for WFs?

If you want the most dps out of Nightblade for warfronts, then 61 points is the way to go, if you want to cut your numbers in half, plus be able to stand up in a fight, then make it a hybrid with Riftstalker. Its preference at that point. I have both builds in my role slots. I swap out based on the kind of warfront I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

40-44/32-36/0-4 NB/RS/tactician is the durable variant, very tanky, lowish damage, but high mobility and more durable then some of the tanking variants. Good for objectives, rift prison is useful, memory capture, ToD procs off reflect damage, so decent mana burn effect against chloros.

61 NB is the main damage variants, from there differences start to emerge.

You see some with 10 MM for the AP bonus, some with 6 rng, alot take the 4-5 RS split aswell.

My personal preference is the 61/11/4 NB/BD/RS split. It gives you the most optimal investment in the RS tree, as well as a more spammable snare to compliment DtD, and helps immensely during your LF duration, as it breaks snares and roots.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    40-44/32-36/0-4 NB/RS/tactician is the durable variant, very tanky, lowish damage, but high mobility and more durable then some of the tanking variants. Good for objectives, rift prison is useful, memory capture, ToD procs off reflect damage, so decent mana burn effect against chloros.

61 NB is the main damage variants, from there differences start to emerge.

You see some with 10 MM for the AP bonus, some with 6 rng, alot take the 4-5 RS split aswell.

My personal preference is the 61/11/4 NB/BD/RS split. It gives you the most optimal investment in the RS tree, as well as a more spammable snare to compliment DtD, and helps immensely during your LF duration, as it breaks snares and roots.
    Thanks a lot! This is what I was looking for.

I prefer 61NB at the moment but my precious NB is not the same as it used to be *looks for tissue*

I have 2x61 NB builds

One is listed above with BD for the interrupt. The other I have has 4 in tact and is a bit more durable but no silence. I didn't make either of them just stole them from forums or friends.

I like it in PVP myself. I also think its a good counter to a sin (although it might be I just haven't come across equal geared sins).

It is definitely worth a soul slot to try out imo.

I happen to try 61NB today since I've been back to game and I gotta say compared to how it used to feel it feels very "clunky" for lack of a better word. Maybe I'm just not used to it yet but the way the CDs work it doesn't have much of a "flow" to it. I remember before it had a smooth dps feel to it and with a few CDs you could burst and time it well. Like I said maybe I need to get used to it again but some more input on this would be appreciated. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by bleachx View Post
    I happen to try 61NB today since I've been back to game and I gotta say compared to how it used to feel it feels very "clunky" for lack of a better word. Maybe I'm just not used to it yet but the way the CDs work it doesn't have much of a "flow" to it. I remember before it had a smooth dps feel to it and with a few CDs you could burst and time it well. Like I said maybe I need to get used to it again but some more input on this would be appreciated. Thx
    My 61 Nightblade in pvp is very bursty with cool downs. Are you using the right abilities?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Closed Thread