+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Credo

Thread: Retreat too inconsistent

Default Retreat too inconsistent

would it really bug anyone if we retreat was always a leap forward skill? I'm glad that it got the functionality that if you're running forward while you use it you leap forward, but it's really inconsistent. Half the time, I find myself leaping backwards anyway
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Plane Walker

I brought it up many times before, ticket, bug report etc. but I agree, it would be better if it just goes forward, at least you can see where you are going. However, in this case, the Warlord's version should be changed too.

Plane Walker

I don't know why they even had to make it so that it teleported you forward. Just spin 180 degrees and hit it and same effect. They've dumbed things down too much, in so many ways.
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

Telaran

Its def bugged. Just gotta use the bugs to your advantage.

Using retreat while on the double is active will launch you in the direction you're running. Similarly (this one works like 90% of the time) when running with your mouse, hold right click then left click to run forward, jump and aim while still holding mouse buttons and use retreat. this ones a weird one and I like I said csn some times be sketchy. But when yiu get comfy with it it you can use it like a forward port
    ~wheeelz@seastone
    <cult>

Quote Originally Posted by thechair View Post
    Its def bugged. Just gotta use the bugs to your advantage.

Using retreat while on the double is active will launch you in the direction you're running. Similarly (this one works like 90% of the time) when running with your mouse, hold right click then left click to run forward, jump and aim while still holding mouse buttons and use retreat. this ones a weird one and I like I said csn some times be sketchy. But when yiu get comfy with it it you can use it like a forward port
    The fact that it shoots you in the direction that you're moving is not a bug. The fact that it sometimes fails to do so is.

What, you don't like sky rocketing into the enemy team?
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    What, you don't like sky rocketing into the enemy team?
    Or into Zaviel aoes?

The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    The fact that it shoots you in the direction that you're moving is not a bug. The fact that it sometimes fails to do so is.
    Well if it's unintended it could be considered a bug too. The inconsistency just makes it worse.

I had no idea about it moving you fwd on purpose. I always use it like this when getting focused or in trouble. Hit on the dub to get movin jump and spin 180 quickly, pop retreat, spin back and soon as I hit the ground hit shadow shift. That will let you cover quite a bit of ground pretty quickly and it looks slick. I agree with the guy who said that it moving you fwd is dumbing it down. That's lame that it will do that cause part of using it right was the ability to quickly hit exactly 180 with out over or under spinning. My problem with it is I think it should have a last in first out order. i.e if you pop it and a warrior pulls you second his pull should win and the pull distance should start from where you were mid flight. If you're being pulled and you pop it yours should take over. But many times I will pop retreat and fly past the warrior as if he pulled me from where I was when I first popped it or even further. Also If I'm being pulled and I attempt to counter with retreat sometimes it will just do nothing or shoot me in some weird direction a little bit. I also would like to have it remove CC as part of its ability cause it's kinda dumb to be rooted and able to fly backward and still be stuck when you land. Or make attacks miss while in flight or add 5 meters to it. Something to make it a bit better. But I would be happy with just the bugs worked out.

+ Reply to Thread