+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with Rogue Rotation

Soulwalker

Default Help with Rogue Rotation

I'm not new to MMORPGs but I was wondering about the best rogue rotation for PvE and PvP. I'm only level 32 atm, but I'd like to know the rotation for when I hit my level cap. I just need to know the basic rotation, I know to use my cool downs when they are up.

This is the build I am using:
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMTtMqsx...vVsq0htRuzRgzz

At least until I hit the level cap then I may make a few minor alterations.

I know to keep my dots/bleeds on the target... I guess my basic question is do I open with a bleed (jagged strike), or should I open up from stealth with a burst or stun? (For PvP I usually use the stun but sometimes I feel like I should open up with jagged strike). What poisons are priority in PvP and PvE? I also assume I don't use planar strike, am I correct?

Also what addons should I use for a rogue? Are there any bar addons to help keep track of what debuffs I have on my target?

Thanks for the advice in advance!

Rift Disciple

For rotations, you are going to want to check the Guides forums. There are a number of strong guides there explaining the various viable specs.

For addons, I'd recommend Karuulalert, it's the most robust CD/dot timer addon out there. Someone did just make a Cooldown Count addon that's kind of neat as well. Check the Addons, Macros and UIs forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick 66 View Post
    (For PvP I usually use the stun but sometimes I feel like I should open up with jagged strike). What poisons are priority in PvP and PvE?
    I really only PVP, so I'll stick to speaking on that.

You should optimize your build. 24 in RS 52 sin 0 MM.

Open with jagged. It's our heaviest hitter. Typically you will go jagged -> savage/serpent (I prefer not to have puncture in my build) -> Impale. Now you are on your way to bulding up to your 5 for Final Blow. If you need a stun you can throw in a Foul Play, when he breaks free from that, you still have Thread of Death with Paralyzing Strike for a stun with 2 CPs.

If they are kiting you, you will have 3 blink gap closers, one of them is also a break from crowd control, so save Shadow Stalk for when you need it. Also, sometimes if the guy won't kite, I'll still throw in a Shadow Assault for the buffs and 2 CPs.

If you scroll through the rogue section, I posted a question about 52sin/24RS builds and Aceinthehole gave an extremely in-depth and helpful rund-down of this type of build.
    Last edited by robbinthehoodz; 10-03-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post

Open with jagged. It's our heaviest hitter. Typically you will go jagged -> savage/serpent (I prefer not to have puncture in my build) -> Impale. Now you are on your way to bulding up to your 5 for Final Blow. If you need a stun you can throw in a Foul Play, when he breaks free from that, you still have Thread of Death with Paralyzing Strike for a stun with 2 CPs.

If they are kiting you, you will have 3 blink gap closers, one of them is also a break from crowd control, so save Shadow Stalk for when you need it. Also, sometimes if the guy won't kite, I'll still throw in a Shadow Assault for the buffs and 2 CPs.

If you scroll through the rogue section, I posted a question about 52sin/24RS builds and Aceinthehole gave an extremely in-depth and helpful rund-down of this type of build.
    Found it.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-help-pvp.html
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post

should be using puncture too. i don't know why sins don't use it, it out damages savage on the third tick.

52sin/24rs is a dead spec with the expose weakness nerf imo. dps just isn't great anymore, not that it was great before. i saw lots of sins on c1 running it and their dps was always total garbage. yeah you have more survivability but who cares about that in a wf? might be important in owpvp but if you are getting heals 24rs is a total waste.

rotation should be jagged/puncture/serpent/impale or jagged/impale/serpent/puncture, depending on how many cp's you have when you start the fight. assuming you start with 5 cp's and have two after puncture/serpent, you can then shadow assault/backstab (or savage), and then use final blow.

i had a lengthy "discussion" with aceinhole about puncture, you guys can look it up if you want, tl;dr use it, it's good, especially since savage/backstab both hit for ~300 damage less after the expose weakness nerf.

i was in a few games with his sin/rs build when i was in c1 and he couldn't pull anything close to my dps, so yeah. also macroing cleanse with slip away is dumb and will waste it for those times you actually need it, like when you have an inq on the other team who really does not like you.

edit; about the bar addons, get gadgets: buffs. check the videos on my stream in the link in my sig, you can see the bars it adds for puncture/impale/serpent.
    Last edited by ecru; 10-04-2013 at 04:20 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

+ Reply to Thread