+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Flame Bltiz Sigh

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple TheCrazyKlown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    101

    Default Flame Bltiz Sigh

    Tomorrows Patch.

    * Flame Blitz: Damage has been increased. Now has a 20% chance per Combo Point to apply Fiery Spike to enemies hit if the target is affected by Fiery Spike.

    Sigh No more lazy aoe spread

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara Fiskerton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    If this is true, at least make it then spread the same amount of stacks as the initial target has...

    mm no more nightblading kain?
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 10-01-2013 at 08:20 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

    I'm a homeless stray of a raider

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    200

    Default

    should also make it add 1 combo point just like blazing strike/flame thrust too imo.

  4. #4
    Ascendant WhozDat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    With 5 combo points it has a 100% chance to apply fiery spike.

    The plural of "Enemies" leads me to believe you simply have to have 5 stacks to gurantee the spread.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

    Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

  5. #5
    Plane Touched Akizuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrazyKlown View Post
    Tomorrows Patch.

    * Flame Blitz: Damage has been increased. Now has a 20% chance per Combo Point to apply Fiery Spike to enemies hit if the target is affected by Fiery Spike.

    Sigh No more lazy aoe spread
    Just tested it... And the collateral damage of this change is how fast you starve when you AoE with NB (~45s). The transition ST rotation => AoE rotation => ST rotation won't be as smooth as before, probably going to need to throttle on Dusk Strike to get some energy back before resuming a proper ST rotation.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple spweasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Most of the Rogue changes this patch are pretty lame, tbh.

    Expose Weakness might be easier to balance with the change, but it's a lot less special when it's just a gimped Magnify Pain.

    I appreciate that Primal Death affects Dusk Strike now (it was kinda needed), but I've never been a fan of most attack-specific Crit boosts.

    Blazing Path still feels inappropriate for a 58-point talent, and it also seems more generic now (since it's just a slightly retooled Shadow Shift w/ Hasted Time + Shadow Mastery). If BP was going to become a virtual copy of an RS ability, I'd personally rather it be Shadow Assault/Blitz to at least keep the ability's flavor more or less.

    Flame Blitz should really just cut the pretense and be a vanilla AoE that's affected by Lingering Flames. I understand why this change was made, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

    The Spike Bomb change is just a bugfix, so no complaints there.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    AoE wind up for NBSin is definitely nerfed (depends on how much damage boost flame blitz get).

    But this will make full NB more desirable due to Living Flame.

    NBSin's ST dps however (sustained and burst) will also get boosted significantly. The 15% crit on primal and dusk is huge and less restricted by position (since you dont want to use savage strike anymore).

    Lastly I wouldnt worry about Kain too much, its not really progression encounter anymore, let the lolshaman top that meter, I could careless.

  8. #8
    General of Telara spowers454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post


    NBSin's ST dps however (sustained and burst) will also get boosted significantly. The 15% crit on primal and dusk is huge and less restricted by position (since you dont want to use savage strike anymore).
    The thing I want to see most is if the EW change is enough to push nb/sin higher ST dps than 61NB.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    The thing I want to see most is if the EW change is enough to push nb/sin higher ST dps than 61NB.
    I think this could be intended since Allion seems want to improve soul synergy.
    This will essentially make the Nightblade, Assassin related specs line up as the following.

    61 Sin, Highest ST, little AoE.
    61 NB, Good ST, great AoE.
    NB/Sin, Better ST, good AoE.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Hmm are there any changes to the 2 piece assa crystsl bonus?

  11. #11
    General of Telara spowers454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    I think this could be intended since Allion seems want to improve soul synergy.
    This will essentially make the Nightblade, Assassin related specs line up as the following.

    61 Sin, Highest ST, little AoE.
    61 NB, Good ST, great AoE.
    NB/Sin, Better ST, good AoE.
    You could be right. I went over to pts to mess around a bit with it. was still getting better st in foundry with 61 nb but I was so starved out in nb/sin that it got to the unplayable point.. even without weaving in a single DS. I did try to respec going a little deeper into NB which may need to be done to get the reduction in primal cost and the +15% crit. Both seem to be very important since primal is out dpsing poisons now :0.Still early, and im exhausted and am working on 30 mins of sleep so I gave up.





    Quote Originally Posted by The Flaming View Post
    Hmm are there any changes to the 2 piece assa crystsl bonus?

    Was talking about that earlier with a buddy about that. Not sure how that is going to work. Is it going to be 4% and +70/80 in bonus or is there a rework in the works for that. I checked the debuff and tool tip with and w/o the sin crystal and both say the same, so im guessing that it is +70/80 and a 4% debuff but who knows. EW has always been a pain to figure out anyways.



    Biggest thing that worries me is we came up with some nice uses for nb/sin in IG that prob can't be used with the weaker aoe
    Last edited by spowers454; 10-02-2013 at 03:25 AM.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    You could be right. I went over to pts to mess around a bit with it. was still getting better st in foundry with 61 nb but I was so starved out in nb/sin that it got to the unplayable point.. even without weaving in a single DS. I did try to respec going a little deeper into NB which may need to be done to get the reduction in primal cost and the +15% crit. Both seem to be very important since primal is out dpsing poisons now :0.Still early, and im exhausted and am working on 30 mins of sleep so I gave up.




    I am getting higher DPS over all on NBSin, but that could have something to




    Was talking about that earlier with a buddy about that. Not sure how that is going to work. Is it going to be 4% and +70/80 in bonus or is there a rework in the works for that. I checked the debuff and tool tip with and w/o the sin crystal and both say the same, so im guessing that it is +70/80 and a 4% debuff but who knows. EW has always been a pain to figure out anyways.



    Biggest thing that worries me is we came up with some nice uses for nb/sin in IG that prob can't be used with the weaker aoe
    SIn crystal is the same for some reason.
    On PTS I am getting mixed results, depending on poison crits.
    Using NB crystal for both NB and NBSin.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    I think this could be intended since Allion seems want to improve soul synergy.
    This will essentially make the Nightblade, Assassin related specs line up as the following.

    61 Sin, Highest ST, little AoE.
    61 NB, Good ST, great AoE.
    NB/Sin, Better ST, good AoE.
    I am not seeing the bolded. The only time 61nb will have any ae will be when living flame is up and that is a 1min cd. Even then keeping up stacks now takes full 5pt flame blitzes and flame blitz received no damage buff that i can see on test.

    As is on live when living flame is not up building to full fiery stacks/ae dmg potential takes 10 seconds with the changes that becomes closer to 25 seconds. Living flame mitigates that some what but compared to any other class our st/cleave build went from medicore to abysmal. NB/Sin is even worse off it might as well not be thought of as being a ST/cleave build and should just be looked at as a ST build. Taking 25 seconds to get to the ae potential for a build is way to long. It is going to take 5 full flame blitz builders to get to full stacks of spikes on all targets and thats not practical for cleaving. The current setup was slow enough now double that time but add no extra dps; that is the current test situation we are currently looking at for 61nb and nb/sin ae. The only way you can call 61nb or nb/sin ae dps as great or good is if you compare it only to 61sin. However since we don't play in a vacuum its just bad.
    Last edited by sancin; 10-02-2013 at 10:07 AM.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Dragonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    AoE wind up for NBSin is definitely nerfed (depends on how much damage boost flame blitz get).

    But this will make full NB more desirable due to Living Flame.

    NBSin's ST dps however (sustained and burst) will also get boosted significantly. The 15% crit on primal and dusk is huge and less restricted by position (since you dont want to use savage strike anymore).

    Lastly I wouldnt worry about Kain too much, its not really progression encounter anymore, let the lolshaman top that meter, I could careless.
    Since you posted this I just had to /facepalm myself because you lumped Primal Strike into NBsin when you don't even USE Primal Strike AT ALL in NBsin.
    And secondly with the new boss's released you won't even need to use a NB/SIN or a 61 NB because a shaman can do it better and by better I mean AE and single target. If you are progressing on any fight in the new 20 man then you will always use a 61 sin over anything else unless you need utility and thats always a MM job.
    -Smarted the Awesome

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Akizuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonz View Post
    Since you posted this I just had to /facepalm myself because you lumped Primal Strike into NBsin when you don't even USE Primal Strike AT ALL in NBsin.
    And secondly with the new boss's released you won't even need to use a NB/SIN or a 61 NB because a shaman can do it better and by better I mean AE and single target. If you are progressing on any fight in the new 20 man then you will always use a 61 sin over anything else unless you need utility and thats always a MM job.
    With the changes NBSin would spec into Primal Death and Eventide thus uses Primal Strike over Savage Strike.

    That being said, I don't think NBSin have a raison d'etre anymore, if you need lethal for ST, 61Sin is a much much better choice and if you need to spread lethal in aoe, then it's probably smarter to have an other calling doing it since NBSin aoe is pretty terrible now.


    The latest changes feels rushed; changing EW without reworking the assassin crystal. The change to flame blitz without taking NB ridiculous ramp up time in consideration, Weapon Flare is still terrible. I guess we will see more changes soon (I hope).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts