Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Flame Bltiz Sigh

Shadowlander

Is the expose weakness a buff or a nerf. I can't tell

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBuddies View Post
    Somebody has probably parsed it however just from eyeballing it i would guess its neither and its meant to be a ease of balancing problem for devs more then a buff/nerf.

Builders lose dmg, finishers are about at the break even point however the new debuff effects poisons so that probbly makes up for the builder dmg loss.

I think the biggest change is pvp...but somebody else woul dhave to comment on that.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Akizuki View Post

The latest changes feels rushed; changing EW without reworking the assassin crystal. The change to flame blitz without taking NB ridiculous ramp up time in consideration, Weapon Flare is still terrible. I guess we will see more changes soon (I hope).
    These changes do seem very rushed. There was no time to test and no time to put in feedback. It feels like the devs thought the changes would be minor and not effect the builds a lot, however the flame blitz change is a major nerf to nb ae. It looks like it will be either sin or bd mattering on if we are full st, need lethal or need some st/ae.

The current flameblitz change makes no sense until nb has its ae ramp up time lessened. This can be done either by vastly changing the damage of a 5pt flameblitz, so that fiery spike/stacks damage is less needed or by shortening the cooldown on living flame (30secs) so that stacks can be quickly applied.

The biggest problem with this change is our best st build (61sin) is still lackluster due to positional restrictions with zero ae (its more dps to st then it is to fan out). And our only cleave build is stuck with a fixed buff rotation thats clunky and restricts when we should ae. When comparing those 2 builds to other classes st and cleave builds ours are overly handicapped exspecially when some classes have those same 2 roles in one build.

The current quick changes do nothing to mitigate the problems with current rogue builds and only exacerbates the current problems we have with our build selection for current raids. Its either 61 sin for lethal/st as long as positioning doesn't screw you. Or 61bd and hope that the timing of the fights is compatible with the fixed rotaions that we have to set up preraid.

Ascendant

Bladedancer unfortunately still loses far, far too much damage from melee disconnects to be used as an alternative to Nightblade in raiding the overwhelming majority of the time. You can often work around the buff timing thing by using a different dance order but there is nothing the player can do to stop 61BD's DPS falling to practically 0 when not in melee range due to mechanics.
    Last edited by Kedon; 10-02-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonz View Post
    Since you posted this I just had to /facepalm myself because you lumped Primal Strike into NBsin when you don't even USE Primal Strike AT ALL in NBsin.
    And secondly with the new boss's released you won't even need to use a NB/SIN or a 61 NB because a shaman can do it better and by better I mean AE and single target. If you are progressing on any fight in the new 20 man then you will always use a 61 sin over anything else unless you need utility and thats always a MM job.
    You probably want to learn your class better and read the patch note before yapping about stuff you have no clue about.
    With the changes you dont want to use savage, theres no reason to, unless you want to gimp yourself and/or you have no clue whats going on.

EW is a buff... at least in ST for NBSin and 61NB.
    61 Sin about broke even (and this is with the fubar sin crystal rightnow) Depends on the rework on the crystal, it could get better.
    Last edited by WarUltima; 10-02-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Shadowlander

In all seriousness, can someone explain the reason why they thought it was necessary to mess with flame blitz? I'm having a hard time understanding their reasoning. NBSIN was not top ST or AoE. It was a nice spec that could do both well, but not the best. It was my favorite spec to play. But now the AoE is horrid due to the ramp up time. So what we are left with is a second rate ST spec. Looks like another hybrid spec bites the dust.

As you can see i dont post much, only when i really am annoyed with something enough to speak my mind. And i am very annoyed at this change.
    Last edited by Ryno; 10-02-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBuddies View Post
    guessing it was intended as a pvp nerf, think it is mostly neutral in pve
    Last edited by ecru; 10-02-2013 at 09:55 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Now when our rogues AoE on the first phase of kain they have no excuse

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Now when our rogues AoE on the first phase of kain they have no excuse
    lol

We get all kinds of precious. "It's part of the single target rotation" 20% fiery spike, 15% ignited blades.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2