+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP Pets

Default PVP Pets

Can someone explain how the pets work? Should I be macroing a pet's attacks into my builders, or do they cycle through their abilities automatically?

What's better in pvp? Wolf or raptor?

In before MM>RNG. I don't care, I like the ranger and gimping my team by denying them an extra eradicate spam and interrupts and a root.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    Can someone explain how the pets work? Should I be macroing a pet's attacks into my builders, or do they cycle through their abilities automatically?

What's better in pvp? Wolf or raptor?

In before MM>RNG. I don't care, I like the ranger and gimping my team by denying them an extra eradicate spam and interrupts and a root.
    on the pet bar, if the abilities have a border moving around it (dont really know what its called but you really cant miss it) it means the pet autocasts it. alternatively, you can put petcast (ability) in your macro but once your pet dies it becomes really annoying

wolf is useless. raptor does more dps and provides a higher bleed uptime for your buff. personally I use the pig for no reason other than to be more tanky to be more annoying

i use the 40/36 hybrid spec. it has no eradicate, but it has root, interrupt and reload as well as more finishers overall (opportunity + lock and load + shadow fire)
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 10-01-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    wolf is useless. raptor does more dps and provides a higher bleed uptime for your buff. personally I use the pig for no reason other than to be more tanky to be more annoying
    sorry I mean crit uptime* (Prey on the Weak)
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 10-01-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    on the pet bar, if the abilities have a border moving around it (dont really know what its called but you really cant miss it) it means the pet autocasts it. alternatively, you can put petcast (ability) in your macro but once your pet dies it becomes really annoying

i use the 40/36 hybrid spec. it has no eradicate, but it has root, interrupt and reload as well as more finishers overall (opportunity + lock and load + shadow fire)
    The hybrid is fun, I used it pre-update w/o pet, but I really like 61 RNG for the pure selfish ST damage. Twin Shot is good times. I've just never taken the time to figure out how pets work.

Are any of the raptor abilities worth macroing?
    Last edited by robbinthehoodz; 10-01-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    The hybrid is fun, I used it pre-update w/o pet, but I really like 61 RNG for the pure selfish ST damage. Twin Shot is good times. I've just never taken the time to figure out how pets work.

Are any of the raptor abilities worth macroing?
    Use the raptor. Make sure all the abilities in it's action bar are highlighted.
    In your builder macro put in /petattack and set your pet to defensive. This will keep it from running after anything that starts attacking you and only keep it attacking whatever you're attacking. Some people macro Feral Aggression and Animalism, especially pve'ers, others put Feral Aggression in their builder macro. I've tried it both ways and prefer it in my builder macro. But I'd put it one place or the other.
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

Plane Walker

Also, "MM>RNGR" is completely relative. 61 ranger is by far better damage. 61 MM is bay far better utility and mobility. I prefer 61 rngr to mm most of the time, but it really depends on what you're up against, I keep both builds for when my team needs the extra utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
    Use the raptor. Make sure all the abilities in it's action bar are highlighted.
    In your builder macro put in /petattack and set your pet to defensive. This will keep it from running after anything that starts attacking you and only keep it attacking whatever you're attacking. Some people macro Feral Aggression and Animalism, especially pve'ers, others put Feral Aggression in their builder macro. I've tried it both ways and prefer it in my builder macro. But I'd put it one place or the other.
    How do I highlight them if they are not?

Will /petattack in my builder macro force the pet to switch targets with me as well?
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Plane Walker

/petattack in the macro will force your pet to switch to whatever you are spamming that builder on.

I believe you just need to right click on the abilities in the pet bar to highlight them.

Got it. Thanks!
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread