+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gery

Thread: I hate combat - what's the best rogue class for me?

Telaran

Default I hate combat - what's the best rogue class for me?

So I play MMOs in a bit of a funky way...

I like avoiding fighting enemies entirely. Sure, I have to fight in raids & for quests that say "kill 10 ____", but outside of such cases, I want to avoid fighting at all. In other games, I do this through stealthing by enemies or simply outrunning them. When in combat or not, I'd like to be able to run as fast as possible to get away or get to my next quest fast.

The stealth aspect is why I post this question in the Rogue forums, as at least these classes get stealth

Right now, I'm playing a Bard, which is ridiculously fun, but very slow and repetitive on how it does kill when I have to. Is there a class that would be even better?

RIFT Guide Writer

Assassin has permanent stealth and with slip away you can even stealth from combat. If you want to run real fast then marksman is the soul for you. You can even combine them into an assassin that runs fast while in stealth.

Telaran

ohh, yeah that'd work. Thank you much

Rift Disciple

If your max level I would go full blade dancer for the dodge and long sprint and aoe. Fights dont last long enough and its easy to zip about with the long sprint and the dash to get into combat quicker, I know you wanted to avoid combat but its over in seconds with max BD and good gear.

Telaran

I'm not. I'm only level 15 at the moment anything I do will take a while

/played during beta, thus the 2011 join date

Rift Disciple

I wouldn't have a clue at low level. But when your 60 BD is probably the best spec u want for solo stuff, 5+ mobs in AoE is good enough to fight every 30 secs or so killing 5+ mobs at a time which makes for a quick grind. Its not avoiding combat like you want its just making combat so much quicker which maximizes time for everything else.
    Last edited by Grumpypants; 09-30-2013 at 07:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread