+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Assassin in need of a nerf

Telaran

Default Assassin in need of a nerf

I know quite a few people that have quit this game due to the fact sins are broken. In Warfront and open world, other classes such as mage or warrior cannot enjoy it at all, even being a tank/dps hybrid warrior, you get dotted down in seconds, seems a bit broken to me. I'll be quitting too soon, pretty tired of the easymode spec and trashtalkers

Telaran

Pretty sad that i can play my lvl 56 sin, and beat fully geared mages

PvP is not intended to be balanced until level 60.

Telaran

lvl 56 sin, killing a lvl 60 full pvp geared mage is what i meant lol

If that happened, it's because the mage wasn't trying (or was astoundingly terrible).

no one cares about owpvp

stop whining
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wisehobo View Post
    I know quite a few people that have quit this game due to the fact sins are broken. In Warfront and open world, other classes such as mage or warrior cannot enjoy it at all, even being a tank/dps hybrid warrior, you get dotted down in seconds, seems a bit broken to me. I'll be quitting too soon, pretty tired of the easymode spec and trashtalkers
    I'd take this serious, but opening a thread with an instant QQ, I just can't be bothered

There is no PvP in RIFT, deal with it.

Rift Disciple

For a start open world pvp doesnt exist. Next patch you will be "quitting" due to another class being buffed it happens in every single MMO ever made. Maybe u should play pong or something else similar

Problem here isn't the assassin, it's the mage sitting in the FOTM pyro with 0 defensive abilities to get rid of an assassin, anything the pyro does is counterable with assassin utility. Want to survive an assassin? Don't go 1on1 as a pyro.

I hate FOTM-*****ing, people never learn to think with their own brains.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    Problem here isn't the assassin, it's the mage sitting in the FOTM pyro with 0 defensive abilities to get rid of an assassin, anything the pyro does is counterable with assassin utility. Want to survive an assassin? Don't go 1on1 as a pyro.

I hate FOTM-*****ing, people never learn to think with their own brains.
    Its not just the mages, clerics are complaining as well since Inquisitor is so underpowered in PvP compare to everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    PvP is not intended to be balanced until level 60.
    I've never believed that PvP can be TRULY balanced in any MMO, but why is it "intentional" here in RIFT?

Personally, I have issues with PvP in general that go back over twenty-five years, to an offshoot of the grandfather of all MUD's. But as games have evolved and grown, PvP has also evolved and grown, and my issues have softened to a grudging tolerance. I'm new to RIFT and was not even considering any kind of PvP yet, but just to satisfy idle curiosity: Why is it not "intended" to be balanced until level 60?
    WTF = FTW spelled backward

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by HollyCarp View Post
    I've never believed that PvP can be TRULY balanced in any MMO, but why is it "intentional" here in RIFT?

Personally, I have issues with PvP in general that go back over twenty-five years, to an offshoot of the grandfather of all MUD's. But as games have evolved and grown, PvP has also evolved and grown, and my issues have softened to a grudging tolerance. I'm new to RIFT and was not even considering any kind of PvP yet, but just to satisfy idle curiosity: Why is it not "intended" to be balanced until level 60?
    1. Game's focus is PvE, and even PvE wise, it's not completely balanced since there are souls that do better pre-60. Some souls are good for leveling, some souls only shine at 60. However, I don't see a problem here, especially since:

2. It's easy to reach 60. There's no point spending a lot of time balancing lower levels when players don't even stay in that bracket that long. Do you ever see anyone complaining about 10-30 PvP? There are some classes that are absurdly strong in this range (Harbinger gets a 4s dash/stun 15s CD, and a 5s stun 30s CD at level 22), but no one minds because no one stays here long enough to care.

3. Nitpicking, but not intended to be balanced doesn't mean intended to be unbalanced, which is what your first sentence implied.

However, I do think that it's a bad thing since it might cause players to quit before they even reach lvl 60. Then again, even lvl 60 PvP isn't unbalanced due to zero matchmaking. Very often it's a one-sided match.

I see you have posted about:
    [ ]PvE
    [X]PvP
    [ ]Warriors
    [X]Rogues
    [ ]Priests
    [ ]Mages
    [ ]PvE players
    [X]PvP players
    [X]Ganking
    [ ]Raiding
    [ ]Tanking
    [X]DPS
    [ ]Addons
    [ ]WoW
    [ ]The forums
    [ ]Multiboxing
    ..and as an addition, assasins
    Being

[X]Overpowered.
    [ ]Underpowered.
    [X]Stupid.
    [X]Cheap.
    [ ]Skillful.
    [ ]Boring.
    [ ]Simple.
    [X]Game ruining.
    [ ]Necessary

On behalf of the rest of the forums,

[X]We already know
    [X]You have no idea what you are talking about
    [ ]Learn to play
    [X]There are a dozen threads about this already
    [X]Quit whining

Also,
    [X]Have a nice day.
    -Smarted the Awesome

Go ahead and give me an infraction I don't care just as long as the OP gets one for his I QUIT post!
    Last edited by Stahker; 09-29-2013 at 05:20 AM.
    It's better to be judged by twelve,
    than be carried by six...
    "X" thinks, I AM that "X".
    I THINK. Therefore, I Am.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast