+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By WhozDat
  • 1 Post By Muspel
  • 1 Post By Muspel

Thread: ranged pvp

Soulwalker

Default ranged pvp

I am looking for a ranged pvp build. Right now I am lvl 45 now and plan on doing all my lvling through pvp. I do not have the best gear at the moment but plan on replacing everything with higher end pvp gear when I get there. All I seem to see right now are melee specs. Any suggestions? Was thinking either mm or ranger. Thank you.

Marksman. Make liberal use of Eradicate, it's one of the most powerful PvP abilities in the game.

Soulwalker

awesome will do! Do you know of any mm macro's I could utilize? Thanks for the help.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Marksman. Make liberal use of Eradicate, it's one of the most powerful PvP abilities in the game.
    True Story!
    Guild - Mutiny @ Greybriar
    Spannx (Rogue)
    Spannz (Cleric)
    Spannage (Mage)
    Outfitter 375 - Butcher 375 - Survival 375 - Fishing 375

Soulwalker

Default souls

Besides mm what other two souls we should use?

You can choose between ranger, nightblade and riftstalker. However, you should really get at least 0 point riftstalker for the Shadow Shift. It saves lives
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Quote Originally Posted by Keynage View Post
    awesome will do! Do you know of any mm macro's I could utilize? Thanks for the help.
    #show Free Recoil
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast free recoil
    cast empowered shot
    cast swift shot

#show Free Recoil
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast free recoil
    cast Rapid fire shot
    cast hasted shot

and if you want to get really complicated, begin to set Focus Targets, and use these macros

#show Eradicate
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focus eradicate

#show deaden
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focus deaden

Also, if you're coordinating with someone, /assist <name> is a good macro to keep in mind.

Everything else needs to be manually activated, stuff like Barbed shot and static shot need liberal usage, strafe is your primary go-to ability to regen energy (Let it channel the full duriation). Shadow shift is very useful if your using the 5 in RS instead of NB, or if using the NB variant, stealth and ebon terror are pretty awesome.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

You really shouldn't macro Free Recoil in PvP. It drastically reduces your burst to do so. (It's also a minor DPS loss in PvE, but that's a different discussion.)
    Last edited by Muspel; 09-27-2013 at 10:24 PM.

You really shouldn't macro Free Recoil in PvP. It drastically reduces your burst to do so. (It's also a minor DPS loss in PvE, but that's a different discussion.)
    A person looking to minmax like that wouldn't be asking about macros to begin with
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    A person looking to minmax like that wouldn't be asking about macros to begin with
    Sure they would. There are a number of specs that are unequivocally improved by macros.

For someone just leveling up on a ranged rogue for the first time, and wanting to primarily PvP, is the best tree to dump PA points into the PvP tree? What after that?

I just came back to the game, jumped into my 50 rogue, and found out I had some PA stuff to spend

Sure they would. There are a number of specs that are unequivocally improved by macros.

Not saying they wouldn't be, but a person at that stage of minmaxing would no doubt be able to understand which abilities cohesively macro together. Often times if someone is asking for macros for a class, along with being level 45, the chances are very high that they would be better off learning the easiest version of the class, then adding in more and more things in.

Honestly if it's pvp you're not really trying to min/max, just do what it takes to kill the other dude. the easiest rotation will let you focus more on surviving
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    Honestly if it's pvp you're not really trying to min/max, just do what it takes to kill the other dude. the easiest rotation will let you focus more on surviving
    I hate sloppiness.. but for some people a dps loss in a macro of 10% (for instance) is worth freeing up their hands and eyes for other things (i.e, people with handicaps or not coordinated enough, character disorients.).

That said, I don't think rift is particularly hard to play as MMO's goes... (gw2 is a lot easier, its like 8 buttons!).
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

+ Reply to Thread