+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue soloing sustain build

Soulwalker

Default Rogue soloing sustain build

I came up with an interesting build earlier and I was wondering what some of the more experienced rogues thought about it.

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMtMTLvlsosGpRutRgozvqsLzkz

I'm a fresh level 60 and I was trying to solo Queens Gambit and ID: Laethys with NB/RS/Tac (Grandpa). I was using quest greens/blues and a few pieces from A Hero Rises. Needless to say I got destroyed on the first bosses in both chronicles. After a little testing I tried a Sin54/RS18/Tac4 build and I managed to solo clear Queens Gambit with it.

Not sure if this build exists yet (I couldn't find it in the rogue guides) So I decided to bring it to the forums to look for improvements. For poisons I use Leeching poison and Malicious poison, but in fights where I can't sustain through the damage I swap Malicious poison for Enfeebling poison.

One change I was considering is taking 3 points out of Sin and putting them into RS, since Malicious poison doesn't seem essential. What do you guys think?

Soulwalker

Something that I should add is that I'm using x2 vampiric essences to keep myself alive alongside leeching poison/curative engine.

You should try using Muspel's bd/rs build. Works great and has some good survivability. Plus you can mow down 10 mobs at a time so it makes it faster.

If you want to stay with the sin/rs build I would recommend going a little farther into rs for the added survivability. If you are up for an alternative build I linked the one I mentioned earlier.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...rm-legion.html
    Last edited by Krazyone; 09-26-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Anything worth doing, is worth doing well.

Obligatory link to my RS/Sin Solo build.

The big issues with going that far into Sin are a complete lack of AoE and a notable amount of squishiness. Other thoughts:

1) I know someone's going to argue the point, but I still think Backstab isn't worth it for soloing, even with Foul Play. There are some occasions where you can get behind an opponent without it, but the 30-second CD on Foul Play makes it difficult to use on every encounter.

2) I'd drop Blinding Powder, Improved Savage Strike, Backstab, and Foul Play for 5/5 Magnify Pain. Due to how it stacks compared to other abilities, it will give you a lot of damage for the points spent.

3) I'd drop Rift Barrier. It looks good on paper, but its DPS contribution is really low in practice.

4) If you want to stand a chance in ID: L, you'll probably want at least 28 points in RS for an interrupt. The adds on the first boss will cause you massive problems if you can't interrupt their healing spam or are pretty well-geared. Maybe try something like this. Going that far into RS also will give you 100% uptime on Stalker Phase and Ruthless Stalker.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by spweasel View Post
    Obligatory link to my RS/Sin Solo build.

The big issues with going that far into Sin are a complete lack of AoE and a notable amount of squishiness. Other thoughts:

1) I know someone's going to argue the point, but I still think Backstab isn't worth it for soloing, even with Foul Play. There are some occasions where you can get behind an opponent without it, but the 30-second CD on Foul Play makes it difficult to use on every encounter.

2) I'd drop Blinding Powder, Improved Savage Strike, Backstab, and Foul Play for 5/5 Magnify Pain. Due to how it stacks compared to other abilities, it will give you a lot of damage for the points spent.

3) I'd drop Rift Barrier. It looks good on paper, but its DPS contribution is really low in practice.

4) If you want to stand a chance in ID: L, you'll probably want at least 28 points in RS for an interrupt. The adds on the first boss will cause you massive problems if you can't interrupt their healing spam or are pretty well-geared. Maybe try something like this. Going that far into RS also will give you 100% uptime on Stalker Phase and Ruthless Stalker.
    Thanks for the ideas! Not sure how I managed to miss your guide...
    Anyway, when I came up with the build all I really had in mind was single target damage and sustain for boss fights (Didn't help me much on the first boss of ID:Laethys) I'll be sure to try out your suggestions.

+ Reply to Thread