+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Blade dancer pvp build

Soulwalker

Default Blade dancer pvp build

Hello does anyone know a awesome pvp Blade dancer build they are willing to share? I am level 44 right now. Thank you very much.

Generally speaking, Bladedancer performs very poorly in PvP, especially before level 60. Pretty much the only time that it's at all worthwhile is if you're a well-geared level 60 with a pocket healer, and that's mostly because any spec will do well in that situation.

As much as I love the spec, steer clear from it in PvP.
    Last edited by Muspel; 09-26-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Soulwalker

Hello Muspel thank you for your comment. At level 44 what melee spec and range spec would be great for pvping? I love your guide on tanking, Marksmen, and blade dancer solo builds. I use each one when I need to. Getting my random dungeon dailies done as a tank or dps.

Ascendant

Oh I dunno. It's not that bad. I've had some pretty decent success using the 61BD/11NB/4RS build and I'm kind of a mediocre-at-best player when it comes to PvP.

It hits hard. Very hard during Dualism and Fated Blades. And with the speed buffs from Sprint and Defensive Pose not at all easy to kite these days. Can do a bit of ranged damage too using Meditative Trance to trigger Deadly Dance at range for Twilight Force (1800ish crits with BaSP).

Only problems is that it's tricky to get the rotation off with all the running around going on in PvP. And Bladedancer is a total, 100% through and through glass cannon. it makes Assassins look darned durable by comparison; only defensive ability is Side Steps and it's effectiveness ranges from very unreliable to totally non-functional. Being squishy in melee can get you very dead before you can even react if 2 or 3 ranged decide they want to put you on your back.
    Last edited by Kedon; 09-27-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Blade dancer performs admirably if used in the correct instances in the correct hands. Due to the range of Hundred blades, and the mobility afforded by sprint, you can very often lead a heavy amount of burst aoe, into devastating single target damage, which is often enough to quickly overwhelm even good sents, if they are alone.

Of course wardens can counter BD easily with their own cooldowns, but a BD can easily chew through a warden with it's single target arsenal.

However it's not the first class I would recommend.

I personally prefer the 61/10/5 BD/RS/NB varient
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Blade dancer performs admirably if used in the correct instances in the correct hands. Due to the range of Hundred blades, and the mobility afforded by sprint, you can very often lead a heavy amount of burst aoe, into devastating single target damage, which is often enough to quickly overwhelm even good sents, if they are alone.

Of course wardens can counter BD easily with their own cooldowns, but a BD can easily chew through a warden with it's single target arsenal.

However it's not the first class I would recommend.

I personally prefer the 61/11/4 BD/RS/NB varient
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    Oh I dunno. It's not that bad. I've had some pretty decent success using the 61BD/11NB/4RS build and I'm kind of a mediocre-at-best player when it comes to PvP.

It hits hard. Very hard during Dualism and Fated Blades. And with the speed buffs from Sprint and Defensive Pose not at all easy to kite these days. Can do a bit of ranged damage too using Meditative Trance to trigger Deadly Dance at range for Twilight Force (1800ish crits with BaSP).

Only problems is that it's tricky to get the rotation off with all the running around going on in PvP. And Bladedancer is a total, 100% through and through glass cannon. it makes Assassins look darned durable by comparison; only defensive ability is Side Steps and it's effectiveness ranges from very unreliable to totally non-functional. Being squishy in melee can get you very dead before you can even react if 2 or 3 ranged decide they want to put you on your back.
    It actually is that bad. There are things that it's halfway decent at, but it's outdone by other builds in every single one of those areas.
    Last edited by Muspel; 09-27-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Ascendant

I'd say it's AoE burst is in a league of it's own at least. Enough to actually be dangerous unless the opposition have a Warden or a couple of Chloromancers around to cancel it out. 3.5-4k crits during Dancing Steel/Hundred Blades during Fated Blades is not something I've seen any other build match (well, okay, Corpse Explosion but still...).
    Last edited by Kedon; 09-27-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Bladedancer simply does not have the crit chance to leverage that.

AoEing isn't worth it in a warfront unless the other team lacks healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Bladedancer simply does not have the crit chance to leverage that.

AoEing isn't worth it in a warfront unless the other team lacks healers.
    It's likely my attitude of the prepatch rogues where sin/MM weren't universally applicable to every match, but even on C1 in 5v5 matches at the start, I have put a serious amount of damage out with BD incredibly quickly. Not many builds can match 2-4k dps on each target hit, hitting their entire team, let alone, not many have the versatility to transfer out of the aoe dps to single target.

I've made BD work, would other builds have worked? Yea, MM would have shredded them as surely, as would sin have, but saying that it's just that bad?

I think more then enough people have proven that it isn't THAT bad. It's just not the universal applicable monster that MM is.

PvP is a competitive endeavor. Therefore, specs have to be by competitiveness, not by viability.

Rift Disciple

Playing BD in warfronts is just giving the enemy team free favor, As much as I love BD its just not as viable as I would like it to be. Shame as BS is one of the most fun specs to play

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    PvP is a competitive endeavor. Therefore, specs have to be by competitiveness, not by viability.
    And at times, few and rare as they are, BD is well suited for these, and has an edge to be spoken of. Simply because you haven't attempted to find these situations, or haven't experienced them, or are unable to, does not mean that they don't exist. He also didn't ask what was viable or competitive, but rather, asked for a build.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 09-28-2013 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    And at times, few and rare as they are, BD is well suited for these, and has an edge to be spoken of. Simply because you haven't attempted to find these situations, or haven't experienced them, or are unable to, does not mean that they don't exist. He also didn't ask what was viable or competitive, but rather, asked for a build.
    He asked for an awesome Bladedancer PvP build. The spec is weak enough that there is no such thing.

It's good at things that you do not need.

Buff Bladedancer.

This thread sucks tbh. If you are going to want to do Bd, probably have to figure it out on your own since the gospel is that it is bad. Funny thing is, when the time allows/calls for it, imo, it out-performs just about every other rogue soul. Your AoEs can hit each of the 5 people harder than non-crit MM finishers - even in not crit form themselves. To call the souls aoe fluff is silly...I guess using MM finishers is pointless. Might as well fluff 5 people if you are going to call fluffing 1 good.

It has some of the best CC in the rogue souls and combats CC better than any other rogue soul. The spec can work incredibly well is the bottom line. Approaching an MMO and premising it with "I never get healed" is just going to stunt you. Because if you are getting healed, MM is garbage imo. The damage is too pathetic. When I need something to die, I look for BD's, Sins and NBs.

But hey, spec sucks, buff BD.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-28-2013 at 08:29 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast