+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Physician

Default Rogue Physician

Has anyone heard any more news of the physician or maybe a leaked video? i was trying to look for anything, even though its still pre alpha. I have been a major fan of the rogue class since i started playing rift. I felt that i was the guy that can do it all, and to make sure that i can i made a cleric healer. I was thinking of even making it my main but, for tanking, rogue tanking is awesome, " Be swift and everywhere, like the wind" (at least thats the feeling i got from it). I was thinking support with my cleric but bard had that all covered and the notes bard plays upsets my guildies (so total worth). Dps is always fun on my rogue, cleric too but, not as much. As soon as i caught wind of a rogue healer you could imagine my reaction. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--UVoz95oic

Im just excited to see what rogues can do in a department we are not use to. If anyone can provide me with any info leaks i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance

Physician is focused around single-target healing-- while there are AoE healing abilities, they're fairly limited in terms of output and/or targets. Basically, they're designed to allow you to heal through group damage in experts, but the soul will not be used for AoE healing in raids.

As for other stuff... well, the soul is currently in development, and is undergoing major revamps. I'm going to refrain on commenting much more than that given how much things are in flux. (Also, I haven't had as much time to test it recently, between T2 progression and the new semester starting up.)

Soulwalker

The thing that concerns me the most about this soul is its ability to mix well with other souls. I'm affraid that as it is a healer it has to be a 61 points soul and can't be mixed up with something else for, lets say solo grinding or anything else.

I guess time will say..

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Grimazor View Post
    The thing that concerns me the most about this soul is its ability to mix well with other souls. I'm affraid that as it is a healer it has to be a 61 points soul and can't be mixed up with something else for, lets say solo grinding or anything else.

I guess time will say..
    At the moment it mixes very well with other souls for various purposes.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    At the moment it mixes very well with other souls for various purposes.
    Very good to know, i can't wait to try it out myself !
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimazor View Post

I guess time will say..
    I imagine that it woukd work well with Tact and Bard.

Plane Touched

My biggest concern is how reliant it is on combo points to function. Obviously there will be cooldowns, but I have to imagine that a fair amount of its healing power is dependent on getting maxxed out combo points. That's not the quickest of things to do under most circumstances...mages and clerics can manaburn heals when they need to, a rogue (and warrior) healer needs the time to build up the combo points to be effective, and that frequently can't be done at the drop of a hat. Riff is pretty deep in the Bard tree.

I am curious as to its ability to pvp
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

hopefully we will get an ability like riff in the physician soul. that should mitigate us blowing CD's in a short period of time.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance

+ Reply to Thread