+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Regarding Bard Trinkets

Default Regarding Bard Trinkets

So my guild has decided they want me to bard (YAY!). But I have one small question regarding gearing.

I'm new to the whole 60 scene. And having had a look at the three trinkets in the equipment page on the store, i've noticed two that look good:

The Empyreal alliance one for extra damage.

The Hailol one for extra healing.

Before I go and buy one, I just wanted to ask. With the hailol trinket's extra healing, does that actually proc for bards? Or should I just get the extra damage one until I can get one with stats?

Cheers
    Javaris
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    It's important if you:
    Want to be the very best, like no-one ever was!
    To grind them all is my real test, to earn rep is my cause!
    I will travel across the land, grinding far and wide!
    Each rep grind to achieve, the power that's inside...

Depends on whether your raid healers need help. Bard is there as backup healer and should really only heal if he needs to. Youre better off dpsing if your clerics got it otherwise you're just creating overhealing
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 09-25-2013 at 10:03 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Sweet thank you

All I needed to know Thanks!

Cheers
    Javaris
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    It's important if you:
    Want to be the very best, like no-one ever was!
    To grind them all is my real test, to earn rep is my cause!
    I will travel across the land, grinding far and wide!
    Each rep grind to achieve, the power that's inside...

The thing is, the Hailol trinket is procing from single target heals, which is useless for a Bard. So if you want to buy one just to have a trinket, just go for the damage proc one. But, it's not great at all for Bard, as you want to stack AP. Farm experts and hope for the SHOE (heal procs from your motifs as well, and they're running even when you dps) or "The Death Toll", as it has AP on top of dex/str. Or if you PvP, farm Karthan Ridge for rep and get the PvP trinket, and eventually upgrade it (heal path, the damage path is rather crap). The PvP option might sound long and grindy, but might be the fastest option. RNG is RNG when it comes to drops from experts....

Rift Disciple

I know the old spirit wolf totem trinket procs of bard skills and old healing essences proc not sure in SL tho what's available, I quit pve a while ago as it's just dull with added pug nerd ragers

Quote Originally Posted by Javaris View Post
    So my guild has decided they want me to bard (YAY!). But I have one small question regarding gearing.

I'm new to the whole 60 scene. And having had a look at the three trinkets in the equipment page on the store, i've noticed two that look good:

The Empyreal alliance one for extra damage.

The Hailol one for extra healing.

Before I go and buy one, I just wanted to ask. With the hailol trinket's extra healing, does that actually proc for bards? Or should I just get the extra damage one until I can get one with stats?

Cheers
    Javaris
    The best trinket for a Bard would be the trinket that drops from the last boss in Empyrean Core, its called the SHOE or use this linkhttp://www.riftscene.com/database/it...ticle-emitter/

Now in regaurds to being a bard dps, you would greatly benefit from using the Healing trinket mainly because you can upgrade it to have Dex/AP(Attack Power) which scales far better than some silly CP trinket with no other stats on it.

How does the AP one scale better you are wondering, well it scales better because as a bard you have a talent which you spec into as 61 bard called Reverberation. Reverberation increases your Attack Power by 8% per stack with a maximum of 5 stacks so the more Attack Power you have the more dps you will do with your cadenza and VoA(verse of agony).
    Last edited by Dragonz; 09-26-2013 at 01:57 AM.
    -Smarted the Awesome

+ Reply to Thread