+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best melee raid dps?

LGT
    Soulwalker

Default Best melee raid dps?

I've made this post to ask what is the best melee dps spec for raiding so far I've been using sin but I feel like my dps could be way better than it is now. With the sin spec I hit about 6-9k. Plz help meow

Ascendant

Unless you are really good at 61 Sin rotation and have stacked CP gear, I wouldnt suggest playing 61 Sin at all. It has virtually no AoE, crap ranged capability, and the priority system is somewhat complicated.

I'd suggest Nightblade/Sin. NBSin is easy to play, can ST and AoE very well, and has great ranged capability for disconnects.

Most melee rogues are NB/Sin currently.

but thats just me.
    Last edited by WarUltima; 09-23-2013 at 05:47 AM.

61 sin is the best melee dps spec we have but only at upwards of around 1000 cp. At your gear level I would suggest 61 nightblade. It has a nice simple rotation (imo some will disagree) that only needs to keep track of one cooldown (because everything else follows from that cooldown)

For research purposes, our melee builds are 61sin / 61nb / 61bd / and nbsin
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Soulwalker

What changed that made 61sin require CP stacking?
    Last edited by CynicalSG; 09-23-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalSG View Post
    What changed that made 61sin require CP stacking?
    61Sin doesnt require CP stacking, it simply works better with CP due to the higher chance to crit on many of their abilities from talent.

edit: adding a tldr

tl:dr CP scales better with 61 sin than any other rogue specs.
    Last edited by WarUltima; 09-23-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Unless you are really good at 61 Sin rotation and have stacked CP gear, I wouldnt suggest playing 61 Sin at all. It has virtually no AoE, crap ranged capability, and the priority system is somewhat complicated.

I'd suggest Nightblade/Sin. NBSin is easy to play, can ST and AoE very well, and has great ranged capability for disconnects.

but thats just me.
    61 Assasin is our top single target melee dps spec with or without crit power, If you don't believe me go to the PTS, max out your PA/CQ power, equip PTS "all attack power gear set" and 61 assasin will ALWAYS outdps anything single target with or without CP it's still our best ST dps build.

But with today's raiding scene it is rarely used when you are trying to progress on any fights, but most of all it depends on your raids setup. Outside of IG Breaker X-1 Ive never used it on anything while progressing.

When you and your guild get up there in FT and EE I'm sure they will allow some leeway to play 61 sin on some boss's like crucia, gelidra, zaviel, goloch. Every fight other than those 4 fights in T1 content you wont ever use 61 sin.
    Use tacman for twins and matriarch
    61nb/nb/sin for Kain
    Regulos when you get that far will depend on what you can do best whether its MM, Ranger, Bladedancer or Tact

For Progenitor(prog for short) it depends on if you want to pad meters of not, you can go a bunch of ways with Prog. One way I like to do on prog is 61 bladedancer and when Arebus gets the shield just turn around and use Hundred Blades, every shield just alternate a hundred blades and Dancing Steel, its always fun to pad the meters that way, or if your guild is struggling on him/still 2/5 EE then I suggest just going MM for the hard switches so that you do great damage on the switches and down the shield a little faster.All in all if you need help just PM me and I will help ya out.
    Last edited by Dragonz; 09-24-2013 at 01:13 AM.
    -Smarted the Awesome

RIFT Guide Writer

61 sin is clearly our best melee dps spec. The other specs don't really do enough damage to be worth it without some serious niche circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    61 sin is clearly our best melee dps spec. The other specs don't really do enough damage to be worth it without some serious niche circumstances.
    And while this is correct, the question is, in how many fights can you play 61sin in the new raids?

Wipe Inc - Zaviel
    4/4, 5/5, 4/4, 1/3

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Harby View Post
    And while this is correct, the question is, in how many fights can you play 61sin in the new raids?
    I played 61 sin on all IG bosses. Planebreaker Bastion is a bit suitable for assassin but I expect to play assassin there too at least on a couple of bosses.

I hope not. 61 sin parses way higher.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    I hope not. 61 sin parses way higher.
    Right and every fight in game are Goloch offspring with zero adds ever possible with zero possible disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    I played 61 sin on all IG bosses. Planebreaker Bastion is a bit suitable for assassin but I expect to play assassin there too at least on a couple of bosses.
    Yeah I know about IG, was wondering about PB. Glad to hear so.

Wipe Inc - Zaviel
    4/4, 5/5, 4/4, 1/3

Right and every fight in game are Goloch offspring with zero adds ever possible with zero possible disconnect.
    I'm pretty sure everyone in the thread thus far has been looking at effective dps on boss. With dot spreading, I bet 61 NB or NB/Sin MAY beat 61 Sin on most fights with adds, but effective dps on boss is what kills the boss, which is why 61 Sin is top ST dps. If there are adds to kill, there are other classes that are far more effective while maintaining a high ST dps.

Also, every spec has their niche. I personally use nb/sin on Kain and either nb/sin or 61 NB on Gelidra if I take care of the adds. Goloch would be a 61 Sin if I didn't have to Eradicate (damn lack of clerics).
    Erct - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane.
    4/4 RoF, 5/5 MS, 2/3 TF, HK 10/11, 4/4 iGP HM, your MoM 4/9.

Are you somehow under the impression that Assassin does poorly on disconnects? Because it really doesn't-- bear in mind that about half of its damage comes from poisons, which can still proc from ranged attacks. Sure, it doesn't excel at disconnects to the extent that Nightblade does, but Nightblade is specialized for them.

And Assassin is the best spec to use on Breaker X-1 and Grim Brothers.
    Last edited by Muspel; 09-24-2013 at 09:32 AM.

LGT
    Soulwalker

Ok so it's, sin - st, nb - aoe? Right

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast