+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Updated ranged leveling build.

Soulwalker

Default Updated ranged leveling build.

Anyone working on one or can come up with a decent enough build? I'm looking for something that will do well enough in dungeons, rifts, and events, basically group play, as I level. I have a spec I enjoy for solo-leveling and grinding.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dps-guide.html

^^ I'd highly recommend this for soloing as Ranger IMO

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by GeeKAbaddon View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dps-guide.html

^^ I'd highly recommend this for soloing as Ranger IMO
    Thanks. I may give it a shot, but I'm really wanting something that's more suited for group play.

Shadowlander

Nothing wrong with that build for group play, all you would do is swap from the pig (tank) to the raptor or wolf depending on level (DPS) when in a group assuming there's a tank in the group. It is a very well rounded build for any situation with a pet swap. It's not the absolute best in a given situation (until you get to endgame and run it for ST DPS) but it is extremely functional across the board. The only other ranged alternative would be MM (there's a 61 point MM guide also on the forums that can be scaled back easily enough for leveling purposes)
    Last edited by Yerup; 09-18-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yerup View Post
    Nothing wrong with that build for group play, all you would do is swap from the pig (tank) to the raptor or wolf depending on level (DPS) when in a group assuming there's a tank in the group. It is a very well rounded build for any situation with a pet swap. It's not the absolute best in a given situation (until you get to endgame and run it for ST DPS) but it is extremely functional across the board. The only other ranged alternative would be MM (there's a 61 point MM guide also on the forums that can be scaled back easily enough for leveling purposes)
    Agreed, theres a a 61mm on here I cant find link for some reason but I swapped from the 61MM to 61 Ranger build above.

Levelling in SL with the Ranger one was very good IMO, im no pro or high level player but I use it for Soloing, dungeons, instances, chronicles, and as quoted, just swap out the pet.

In Dungeons I usually go for the Raptor as opposed to Razorbeast, thus not getting in way of tank for aggro. The AoE rain of arrows works very well with quite high DPS if the tank groups everything around him

Soulwalker

Thanks for the help.

+ Reply to Thread