+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Muspel

Thread: Marksman Dps?!

Default Marksman Dps?!

I haven't Played Rift for very long, Started when the free2play launched and i cant work out where MM should fit in the grand scheme of things, I love playing the Archer class in many games and went with the same in Rift.

Why Does MM Do Such low DPS Compared To Many Of The Other if not all ranged souls except possibly Tempest, I don't understand is it because it has a purge or an interrupt as Inquisitor has both of those and much higher dps and survivability.

I Know i could just play Ranger but i really dislike the whole pet classes in any game, Just a little moan really For those who have been around a while was Marks ever decent damage as i love the class and will still carry on regardless

Soulwalker

Wrong you are! MM is some of the top damage especially in PVP its GOOD! Look up
    91extremeRT and you'll learn a lot about rogues ) Good luck dude and happy hunting. (I play on threesprings as Crapshoot if you need help.)

Quote Originally Posted by Volkar View Post
    Why Does MM Do Such low DPS Compared To Many Of The Other if not all ranged souls except possibly Tempest, I don't understand is it because it has a purge or an interrupt as Inquisitor has both of those and much higher dps and survivability.
    Because Inquisitor has significantly less utility than Marksman does, and has a steeper penalty for target swaps and movement (especially since Inquisitor cannot AoE at all while moving).

Quote Originally Posted by Imadeuquit View Post
    Wrong you are! MM is some of the top damage especially in PVP its GOOD! Look up
    Yes, it's one of the best DPS specs in PvP, but in PvE, Marksman does lower damage than any of our DPS souls. It's still generally worth using in dungeons for a number of reasons (utility, mobility, good target swapping, and absence of energy problems), but it's not "top damage" by a long shot.

Yeah I should of said PVE I'm on about. In terms of utility what does mm offer that inquisitor does not both have purges and interrupts? Mm is way way behind in damage inquisitor also has a self heal and some decent aoe. Thanks for the replies just hope they get a small buff to bring it up a bit also tempest as well seems like these 2 are slacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Volkar View Post
    Yeah I should of said PVE I'm on about. In terms of utility what does mm offer that inquisitor does not both have purges and interrupts? Mm is way way behind in damage inquisitor also has a self heal and some decent aoe. Thanks for the replies just hope they get a small buff to bring it up a bit also tempest as well seems like these 2 are slacking.
    Marksman has much higher mobility (the constant speedbuffs from Hasted Shot and Swift Shot, as well as On the Double and Retreat). It suffers less from movement than Inquisitor does. It loses less DPS on target swaps. It has two AoE knockbacks and a root that does not break on damage. And unlike Inquisitor, Marksman almost never has to interrupt casts to use its interrupt.

Thanks for the replies I do enjoy me some marksman

RIFT Guide Writer

Marksman is the backup plan for the fights where actual dps specs don't work and you don't need to aoe.

Question for Gery and Muspel. What do both of you use for single target fights on raids/experts. And what would you use for boss fights with adds to swap to?

Quote Originally Posted by Krazyone View Post
    Question for Gery and Muspel. What do both of you use for single target fights on raids/experts.
    In experts, I switch between Marksman, Assassin, and Bladedancer depending on the fight. (I also use Tactman on Throne in UB and the twins in EC).

In raids, it depends on the mechanics of the encounter.

And what would you use for boss fights with adds to swap to?
    Depends on how many adds there are, how long they take to die, how quickly you have to kill them, and how often you have to switch back and forth.
    Last edited by Muspel; 09-14-2013 at 06:27 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Question for Gery and Muspel. What do both of you use for single target fights on raids/experts. And what would you use for boss fights with adds to swap to?
    I think the last time I did an expert was 3 months ago. In raids I now play 61 sin most of the time for single target.

"Add to swap to" is not enough information to determine which spec would be best.

+ Reply to Thread