Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gery

Thread: 2.4 and Stat weights

Shadowlander

Default 2.4 and Stat weights

I know right now we stack as much crit power as we can but when 2.4 comes around it seems we can make all of our gear crit power. Is it still ideal to do so?

Rift Disciple

There may be a hard cap, then move back to stacking attack power. 1400?
    Last edited by shukaa; 09-16-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBuddies View Post
    I know right now we stack as much crit power as we can but when 2.4 comes around it seems we can make all of our gear crit power. Is it still ideal to do so?
    You don't stack CP as much as you can. Each spec has their own weighting of CP to AP. 61 Sin / 61 MM, lots of CP good. 61 NB, CP not as good.

Yes, there's a hard cap. I believe 1400 is right. With raid buffs, that's down to about 1200 you'd need to reach hard.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    You don't stack CP as much as you can. Each spec has their own weighting of CP to AP. 61 Sin / 61 MM, lots of CP good. 61 NB, CP not as good.

Yes, there's a hard cap. I believe 1400 is right. With raid buffs, that's down to about 1200 you'd need to reach hard.
    Actually I think ranger is the only one that suffers from too much cp due to the pets 500 cp cap. Also the highest variant of night blade requires you to have about 1k crit power. So right now it seems maximizing crit power is best unless you plan on playing ranger or barding. Can any of the guide writers please confirm this. @Muspel @Gery
    Last edited by ThunderBuddies; 09-17-2013 at 07:53 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBuddies View Post
    Actually I think ranger is the only one that suffers from too much cp due to the pets 500 cp cap. Also the highest variant of night blade requires you to have about 1k crit power. So right now it seems maximizing crit power is best unless you plan on playing ranger or barding. Can any of the guide writers please confirm this. @Muspel @Gery
    You are best off itemizing for crit power even for NB and ranger. There's a small window for NB if you already have 1k+ CP where AP items would start benefiting you slightly more but it's pointless to shoot yourself in the foot for NB's sake. NB is not that great dps at the moment, the buffs it got were not sufficient to make it competitive. I haven't done the stat weight math for ranger in as much detail but ranger parses scale better than NB parses with CP.

Shadowlander

I've found that it's more about the balance of stats that benefit more than just stacking CP. You can have all the CP you want, but if your PC sucks then you're losing dps. For example if you have 30% CP and 20% PC, then you will find yourself having a very noticeable dps loss. This goes for sin, nb, mm, and Ranger etc..

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    You are best off itemizing for crit power even for NB and ranger. There's a small window for NB if you already have 1k+ CP where AP items would start benefiting you slightly more but it's pointless to shoot yourself in the foot for NB's sake. NB is not that great dps at the moment, the buffs it got were not sufficient to make it competitive. I haven't done the stat weight math for ranger in as much detail but ranger parses scale better than NB parses with CP.
    But at what cost. I'm thinking along the lines of taking Str heavy CP gear, rather than a similar Dext based item that has AP instead (particularly things like planar essences).

Quote Originally Posted by joejccva71 View Post
    I've found that it's more about the balance of stats that benefit more than just stacking CP. You can have all the CP you want, but if your PC sucks then you're losing dps. For example if you have 30% CP and 20% PC, then you will find yourself having a very noticeable dps loss. This goes for sin, nb, mm, and Ranger etc..
    Yes, but most comments assume a raid 20-man setting. In a raid environment your PC and even AP is boosted a LOT more than your CP forcing you to reach that "balance" by stacking CP.
    Last edited by Gynxz; 09-18-2013 at 10:10 AM.

is there a link anywhere that list the stat caps? the point of diminishing returns for all class's?
    Hold my beer, I'm gonna try Somethin....

Shadowlander

I would honestly love to know where people get the idea you mindlessly stack CP; I check the forums quite frequently and not once have I seen a proper parse (on the PTS, all valid consumables--feast, exceptional whetstones, and rare/relic vial--in addition to not using the PoS PTS gear, including the garbage essences) comparing a balanced ap/cp set to a pure cp set.

Prior to 2.4, most unarguable BiS pieces, such as ones from GA and the relic head, shoulders, and chest, were AP; consequently making it impossible to obtain the 1K+ CP which is required for the CP variants of many specs to be viable over the AP variants. Now, with the new flexible gear, that remains to be seen as all previous stat weights are essentially worthless, being that most of them are based on outdated specs and pre-GA gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fattslice View Post
    I would honestly love to know where people get the idea you mindlessly stack CP; I check the forums quite frequently and not once have I seen a proper parse (on the PTS, all valid consumables--feast, exceptional whetstones, and rare/relic vial--in addition to not using the PoS PTS gear, including the garbage essences) comparing a balanced ap/cp set to a pure cp set.

Prior to 2.4, most unarguable BiS pieces, such as ones from GA and the relic head, shoulders, and chest, were AP; consequently making it impossible to obtain the 1K+ CP which is required for the CP variants of many specs to be viable over the AP variants. Now, with the new flexible gear, that remains to be seen as all previous stat weights are essentially worthless, being that most of them are based on outdated specs and pre-GA gear.
    ^ that. No way I would mindlessly stack CP. Bis for all slots w/o ga gear and you don't even break 700 cp. GA seems to have a decent amount of cp but there is still an ap pc or 2 in there. now IG gear seems to be insanely CP heavy though the boots did have a ton of ap. Ring and weapons that i have seen (1 rogue 1 warrior) were cp beast so im thinking we will end up going ap route with a lot of vendor gear to keep from capping (hard or soft) on cp.

http://trinityguild.org/ in case you don't want to post to explain yourself

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fattslice View Post
    Just a few corrections

The BIS for Head and shoulders were both CP based.
    The relic chestpiece was crit based, not AP nor CP based.
    Gloves, belt, cape, one of the rings, and a trinket were all AP based.

A BIS sigil, was all CP based.

Mindlessly stacking CP, is a bad idea, similar to mindlessly stacking AP or crit.
    Its all dynamic, and like you said, I cannot fathom where people got the idea that what was best is a mix.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Just a few corrections

The BIS for Head and shoulders were both CP based.
    The relic chestpiece was crit based, not AP nor CP based.
    A BIS sigil, was all CP based.
    (Not including 2.4 gear!)
    Without trying to get too off topic, this is for the Rogue stat weights... The only relic Rogue chest piece is AP based and, even going by 61MM stat weights (the spec which gains the most benefit from CP as it has horrible AP scaling) the relic AP shoulders are quite a bit better than the non-relic CP ones; in addition, one AP lesser
    (Grounding Stone) is directly competitive with the 4th BiS CP one, whereas it is 1st-3rd BiS for most other specs. Not sure where you are getting your stat weights from--I am using the one on the forums in addition to the RiftScene one, as I have not found, nor heard of, any others which are even remotely up to date.

Closed Thread