+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Post your Custom Rogue Build Guides

Soulwalker

Default Post your Custom Rogue Build Guides

Please don't jump down my throat if I posted this in the wrong place >.<

Not sure if this has already been done but if people have created an interesting custom build for Rogues and put it on the RiftHead Soul Tree Calculator:-

http://www.rifthead.com/stc

Then please post a link to it as well as a tutorial on how to best use this creative custom calling.

To get he ball rolling I created a class on RiftHead's Soul Tree Calculator that I'm currently leveling up and I have to admit, it's working so far. Here's a Link to the build, I'll write a tutorial on how to best use it

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMcjAxRu...mTkmRRkgxovx0z

This is a Solo DPS/Support class in one go

The damage this Calling I made can dish out is pretty good but bear in mind the character I'm testing this on is low level at the moment so it might get better or worse. The three souls I'm using are Bard/Saboteur/Ranger. First things first, summon the Razorbeast so it can take the hits and you can throw those ever important charges onto your foe without dying before 'BOOM TIME' and this will be your main strategy. Before you start fighting though you need to use all the Motif's you have but also have Candense (when it can heal) and Coda of Regeneration handy when it's available and lastly Coda of Jeopardy so those enemies can't take as many hits be it Solo or in a Party. Also put Fanfare of Vigor, Anthem of Competence and Anthem of Glory on the top action bar (The one you can add in Interface --> Action Bars) and also put Incriminate there for Solo DPS so that the Razorbeast gets your threat.

The order in which skills should be on your action bar is Motifs --> Charges --> Detonate --> Candense --> Coda of Regeneration --> Coda of Jeopardy.

You will run out of space eventually because of all the charges so maybe move Candense and the Coda's of Regen and Jeopardy to the top action bar as well as Incriminate?

When you first start out theirs two ways I recommend you should begin allocating those all important points. Put 1 point in Increased Explosive Power so the bombs get some juice then focus on putting 6 points in either Bard or Ranger. Bard so you can have Candense start healing and Ranger because 6 points is all I put into the build i created and you'll get a power buff at the end of it but whichever one you choose it's probably best to focus on Saboteur for a while afterwards but it's entirely up to you how to level up this tree.

When attacking only use charges (Except for Candense when it can heal) but save Bard Skills for buffs and healing. Traps and Mines will be pretty useless because you have a pet tanking so don't bother with them at all as the points in this Calling are focused on Charges and Pet Melee/Character Ranged combat.

That's it folks

Post your own ideas and let me know how you like my own Build if you use it. If i encounter problems as i level and need to change a few things I'll post here to explain as well as a refreshed link and if this build is already done, sorry.

Have Fun

Soulwalker

Default Update

I forgot to add bombs into the action bar equation so lets put them onto the Top Action Bar so they don't clog up the Primary Action Bar, maybe even add a second Top Action bar, one for bombs and one for buffs so your not accidentally turning off your Anthems? Might also be a good idea to put your Coda's there too.

Use them when your Pets taking on more than one enemy and get some damage over time going, that aught to thin their ranks really quickly and can be really good in a Dungeon so long as you use Incriminate.

Sorry for ignoring the bombs, good luck

I applaud the effort, but that build has several critical issues:

1) Your pet will stop leveling at 30 unless you put 24+ points in Ranger for Greater Razorbeast.

2) Splitting skills. With few exceptions (such as talents only taken to progress down up the Tree), if a skill is worth putting points into, it should be maxed out. Having multiple 4/5 and 2/3 skills means you need to focus the build more.

3) 2/3 Silent Setup is worthless. The only useful thing that SS does is allow you to pre-load Charges without aggroing an enemy, and it requires 3 Points to work that way. Threat after the pull isn't worth worrying about 99% of the time.

4) Saboteur doesn't play well with others. Since it is the only spec that can either build or Detonate Charges, you can't really mix-and-match Builders and Finishers with other specs, at least not with any degree of efficiency.

5) Sab doesn't level past 50 well. The sudden jump in HP that comes with the SL zones means that pre-loaded damage won't be enough to finish off an enemy, leaving you with either Sab's mediocre sustained game or Bard's generally mediocre DPS, doubly so since you don't have enough points in either to get to the really good talents.

If you want to try a Bard/Ranger build that I've had modest success with, give this build a whirl. It plays exactly like a normal Bard build (sans Multiple Oscillations and some cooldowns), but it has a pet to hold aggro for you. It's incredibly slow at killing things, but at least it mostly works as both Tank and Healer for super-casual groups like when you are Mentoring a lowbie.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by spweasel View Post
    I applaud the effort, but that build has several critical issues:

1) Your pet will stop leveling at 30 unless you put 24+ points in Ranger for Greater Razorbeast.

2) Splitting skills. With few exceptions (such as talents only taken to progress down up the Tree), if a skill is worth putting points into, it should be maxed out. Having multiple 4/5 and 2/3 skills means you need to focus the build more.

3) 2/3 Silent Setup is worthless. The only useful thing that SS does is allow you to pre-load Charges without aggroing an enemy, and it requires 3 Points to work that way. Threat after the pull isn't worth worrying about 99% of the time.

4) Saboteur doesn't play well with others. Since it is the only spec that can either build or Detonate Charges, you can't really mix-and-match Builders and Finishers with other specs, at least not with any degree of efficiency.

5) Sab doesn't level past 50 well. The sudden jump in HP that comes with the SL zones means that pre-loaded damage won't be enough to finish off an enemy, leaving you with either Sab's mediocre sustained game or Bard's generally mediocre DPS, doubly so since you don't have enough points in either to get to the really good talents.

If you want to try a Bard/Ranger build that I've had modest success with, give this build a whirl. It plays exactly like a normal Bard build (sans Multiple Oscillations and some cooldowns), but it has a pet to hold aggro for you. It's incredibly slow at killing things, but at least it mostly works as both Tank and Healer for super-casual groups like when you are Mentoring a lowbie.
    Thanks so much for pointing out the flaws and I hope to god i fixed them! I've switched the points from Bard and put them in Ranger so that dear old pet can keep protecting the sab for a wee while to come and used those points to build up ranged damage. I know for a fact that Motif of Bravery makes a difference however small but it also applies to the pet and thats why i used Bard in the first place so the fights are quick with the right gear.

since i cant update my first post heres the new link

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMcjAx0u...oqoxxovlct0c0h

the tactics remain the same just some skills have been removed also keep to Charges instead of Ranger attacks but, as before, it's your call. Level up bard to 9 points asap so you can get the endurance buff and healing Candense, if the healing just isn't enough switch the points over in Candense over to Carpet Bombing and Improved Chemical Bomb because you can be sure as heck that's what I'll do.

Spweasel, take a look and tell me what you think
    Last edited by Melanu; 09-14-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Melanu View Post
    Thanks so much for pointing out the flaws and I hope to god i fixed them! I've switched the points from Bard and put them in Ranger so that dear old pet can keep protecting the sab for a wee while to come and used those points to build up ranged damage. I know for a fact that Motif of Bravery makes a difference however small but it also applies to the pet and thats why i used Bard in the first place so the fights are quick with the right gear.

since i cant update my first post heres the new link

the tactics remain the same just some skills have been removed also keep to Charges instead of Ranger attacks but, as before, it's your call. Level up bard to 9 points asap so you can get the endurance buff and healing Candense, if the healing just isn't enough switch the points over in Candense over to Carpet Bombing and Improved Chemical Bomb because you can be sure as heck that's what I'll do.

Spweasel, take a look and tell me what you think
    Sorry made a boo boo cause Ranger has its own heal, new link for build last time I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Melanu View Post
    Sorry made a boo boo cause Ranger has its own heal, new link for build last time I hope

Errr... I think you just posted the exact same build twice.

It's an improvement, but unfortunately Sab and Ranger still kinda work at cross-purposes: your Razorbeast doesn't have the natural survivability to take on multiple enemies without constant healing (more than Rejuvenate can handle, unless you are very well-geared), while Sab's area of expertise is AoE DPS.

Also, if you are going Sab, you'll want at least Combined Arms. Having both Frag Bomb and Ann Bomb to replace Det as your Sab finishers will give you a pretty hefty DPS boost (especially AoE).

That being said, Sab really, really wants Spike Bomb, which is impossible to get alongside the Greater pets. You might be able to get something like this to kind of work, but you are probably still going to find yourself frustrated.

Soulwalker

Default Who knows

Well it's early days yet and who knew, it might just work in the end. I'm doing massive damage at lvl 17 and the bard skills are helping with damage and endurance on both my character and the pet.

Thanks for the advise but I'm happy with my 3 souls and don't wanna change them

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by spweasel View Post
    I disagree with this point. If anything, you don't really get to be a Saboteur until around here.

It's about laying the battlefield.

Try setting a couple traps (Land Mines + Booby Trap). Use rapid setup to quickly get a second round of charges after the first go off. Attach Time Bomb and Cloud Maker.

If you set it up right you'll have TB, CM, and Annhilation Bomb with 5 stacks of Spike Charge all go off at the same time, then Fragmentation Bomb with 5 more stacks of Blast Charge 2 seconds later. Then when they're running toward you they are knocked backward twice by your land mines.

Or if you're facing a ranged foe (so they won't run at you) you can ground-target your mine and trap slightly in front of them, and start everything off with Choking Gas Bomb so they can't cast until they run out of it. Which will be toward you, and right into your trap & land mine.

Plane Touched

And to OP:

I was exactly where you were. Loved my little piggie.

But like was previously said, you'll quickly run into max level for him, and pretty soon he'll get killed in every fight. And by then you'll be so in love with Bard and Sab that you will be bored for needing to put so many points into Ranger to get the greater razorback.

Don't be afraid to mix things up. Get more roles. Reset roles frequently. You're still at low enough levels that it's not too expensive.

Try intentionally putting as many points as possible into one soul and only taking support skills (+damage, +endurance, etc) from other souls. This will give you the chance to really feel how the soul works on its own, so you can better think about mixing and matching.

It's like other people have said: some souls work really well together, others really don't. It's great you're thinking about this, take the time to learn all the different flavors on their own before you really get into mixing & matching.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread