+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My wishes for Rogues

Soulwalker

Default My wishes for Rogues

Firstly just let me say I am no hardcore player or pro raider

When I created my rogue long ago I decided to go marksman, this is still my main role allthough i switch between a couple different.
    This being said on to my wishes:

1) Remove Decoy
    2) Move Lockn Load up the tree one step. Now also removes cast time on Empowered Shot and Deadeye. Redo Deadeye to be on a 20s or even 30s cooldown
    3) Remove Sentry Battery. Redo Chain Destruction to now hit 5 targets and more enemies affected the longer you cast
    4) New skill to replace Decoy. On crits gain 5 energy. Should also be a similar skill for the Ranger role
    5) Allow Rogues to have more of their self buffs activated at once

Also move utilities of the global cooldown. These do not do any sort of damage

Rift Chaser

Nice, reasonable requests, IMO.

One thing I have been wondering, helping my wife level her Rogue, is the abilities that increase the damage of channeled and cast time attacks, do they still affect Empowered Shot, once it's instant cast?

Quote Originally Posted by kickn4fun View Post
    Nice, reasonable requests, IMO.

One thing I have been wondering, helping my wife level her Rogue, is the abilities that increase the damage of channeled and cast time attacks, do they still affect Empowered Shot, once it's instant cast?
    The skill is still a cast time skill, even if the cast time is reduced to 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    But the bads are the majority and this needs to work in our favor because there's a lot of us.

4/4 3/3 5/5

Removing decoy the way you are talking would result in a DPS loss. MM if done right is not energy starved. So there is no reason for the 5energy/crit talent. Decoy is a 15 sec "pet" doing DMG whereas deadeye shot is only a 1.5 sec cast time. You are able to have 30 sec of decoy if you tie in quick reload which makes a pretty good DPS increase on those short lived bosses.

Empowered shot should be an instant cast if you are doing the proper rotation. (I never have to cast it)
    Deadeye shot is not a bad cast time considering the amount of DMG it does.

As for the sentry battery being removed... I don't like brainless 1 button aoe spam souls...
    To get the proper DMG out of this the rotation for aoe should be 3 abilities.
    Fan out followed by 2 sentry batteries clipping the second at 48 -50 energy left for a chain destruction. Once chain destruction finishes casting you should be back to full energy. Prince and repeat.

I do agree with you on the utilities being off gcd. It does mess up your rotation a lot to have to stop.... then cast the utility.... then go back to your DPS rotation.

If they would give just a slight DPS buff to some of the abilities that are already there then MM would be back up there with some of the other top specs.

If you are being energy starved then you aren't doing something right. Look over Muspel's MM guide and try to follow it closely as possible for the most DPS.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4155036

Quote Originally Posted by Elisane View Post
    1) Remove Decoy
    I think Decoy is salvageable, and with a few tweaks it could be made into a cool, no-maintenance ability.

1) Make Decoy a non-corporeal (i.e. untargetable, undamageable, semi-translucent) copy of the Rogue
    2) Make it copy all of the Rogue's actions exactly, but deal half the damage.
    3) Tweak the duration and cooldown accordingly.

This would keep at least the basic idea of Decoy, but make it so it wasn't a liability during random trash and AoE-bait against bosses.

2) Move Lockn Load up the tree one step. Now also removes cast time on Empowered Shot and Deadeye. Redo Deadeye to be on a 20s or even 30s cooldown
    Not necessarily a terrible idea, though some tweaks to energy would need to be made given that MM uses Deadeye's cast time as an excuse to regain some energy.

I kinda like the idea of harder-hitting, instant-cast Deadeye with the same cooldown length as Bull's Eye, though that would just mean that they get stuck on the Finisher macro and never manually pressed. MM's rotation doesn't really need to be made even simpler than it currently is, to be honest.

3) Remove Sentry Battery. Redo Chain Destruction to now hit 5 targets and more enemies affected the longer you cast
    Eh, doesn't seem really necessary to me.
    4) New skill to replace Decoy. On crits gain 5 energy. Should also be a similar skill for the Ranger role
    Too close to the Tact ability, in my opinion. I'm not crazy about this sort of talent anyways, since it ties energy problems to gear level.

Nah, 2 at once is fine as-is. It makes you choose between them, which allows them to matter more.

Depends on the utility, but for the most part they need to be on the GCD for PvP balance reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazyone View Post
    As for the sentry battery being removed... I don't like brainless 1 button aoe spam souls...
    To get the proper DMG out of this the rotation for aoe should be 3 abilities.
    Fan out followed by 2 sentry batteries clipping the second at 48 -50 energy left for a chain destruction. Once chain destruction finishes casting you should be back to full energy. Prince and repeat.
    Edit: The aoe rotatiotion should be:
    Lightning fury(not fan out, never use that), followed by two sentry batteries clipping at 50 energy for chain destruction.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by spweasel View Post
    I think Decoy is salvageable, and with a few tweaks it could be made into a cool, no-maintenance ability.

1) Make Decoy a non-corporeal (i.e. untargetable, undamageable, semi-translucent) copy of the Rogue
    2) Make it copy all of the Rogue's actions exactly, but deal half the damage.
    3) Tweak the duration and cooldown accordingly.

This would keep at least the basic idea of Decoy, but make it so it wasn't a liability during random trash and AoE-bait against bosses.
    I disagree with Point 1 -- making Decoy a non-corporeal. Decoy, as is with respect to this point, is very useful in PVP. I cannot tell you the number of times I have seen someone attacking my Decoy rather than me.

I agree with Points 2 and 3. These would be nice, but not crucial. I really have not had any trouble with Decoy on trash pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by spweasel View Post
    Not necessarily a terrible idea, though some tweaks to energy would need to be made given that MM uses Deadeye's cast time as an excuse to regain some energy.
    Since when has DES become something you want to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    Since when has DES become something you want to use?
    For max DPS use it in between RFS CDs.

RFS > DES > HS (i never use hasted)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Elisane View Post
    Firstly just let me say I am no hardcore player or pro raider

When I created my rogue long ago I decided to go marksman, this is still my main role allthough i switch between a couple different.
    This being said on to my wishes:

1) Remove Decoy
    umm, how about no. Removing DES's cast time is in no way compensation for giving it a 20s CD. DES is already not even worth using. Also, remove the cast time on Empowered? Do you actually hard cast empowered? If so, why?

I am all for removing both of those abilities completely. They serve no purpose.

Um, no. This would make rogues even more OP than they already are. 61 MM would be crazy if it got a third weapon enchant. 61 sin would be lulzy with 4-5 poisons.

Huh?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Krazyone View Post
    For max DPS use it in between RFS CDs.

RFS > DES > HS (i never use hasted)
    You're doing it wrong, then. Maybe in PvE you could make a case for it, but in PvP it is a useless ability. And, no, I don't care about PvE or the 1% of people in Rift who actually raid.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    You're doing it wrong, then. Maybe in PvE you could make a case for it, but in PvP it is a useless ability. And, no, I don't care about PvE or the 1% of people in Rift who actually raid.
    Well too bad, coz we don't care about the 1% of people in Rift who actually PvP.

Wipe Inc - Zaviel
    4/4, 5/5, 4/4, 1/3

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Harby View Post
    Well too bad, coz we don't care about the 1% of people in Rift who actually PvP.
    Mad becuz bad?

Mad becuz bad?
    See that was a loaded comment which is why I didn't bother with a reply. Go away troll I was giving advice to someone else. And total DPS isn't going to change PvP or PvE. Want to do more DMG use DES, want more run speed use HS.

Mad becuz bad?
    Probably more like mad because you continue to pretend like dueling is the only part of the game that matters, and insist that the game be balanced around your hilariously limited worldview.

Competitive Raiders may make up only a small portion of the community, but they most assuredly make up a much larger percent than those that care about competitive dueling.

And since competitive dueling is the only place where you might not find opportunities to use DES, your opinion on the subject is not terribly useful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast