+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Poison Malice

Soulwalker

Default Poison Malice

Is this skill actually good. Frim my understanding it doubles the.damage on the 30% proc to deal 40 damage. 80 damage doesn't seem all that useful to me for a skill that may or may not proc. Can someone help me see the light?

look through the sin tree and you'll see that the chance to land poison increases, the damage increases, and the amount of poisons you can have up at one time also goes up to 3 if you put 61 points into sin.

it's not just good, it's great, and it only gets better as you level up and put more points into sin.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Soulwalker

I must have overlooked a few things. I'm only 36 into the sin tree as my level won't let me throw more in. Am I wasting a skill point for the time being?

^^^ its awesome, and now on a 1 min cooldown
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Soulwalker

How does one know the appropriate time to use it?

Ascendant

Simply put, whenever you want to throw out a lot of extra damage in a short period of time. It might seem a pretty mediorce skill at first but once you get all of Assassin's poison related talents maxed out if becomes very strong.

In a word, experience.

Also your play context matters. On a raid I use it when the first Flaring Power, Orchestra of the Planes and Wild Growth/Power Core are activated and try to align it with WG/PC after then.

For solo and leveling, use it when you've gather up all the mobs you're going to kill and near the start of the fight.

For PvP, assuming you're in high assassin, use it right after you pop out of stealth and have engaged your target.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    For PvP, assuming you're in high assassin, use it right after you pop out of stealth and have engaged your target.
    My good sir, I would say use it right after you stun someone (preferably a healer) after you get them to at least half hp.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    My good sir, I would say use it right after you stun someone (preferably a healer) after you get them to at least half hp.
    It lasts 15 seconds - how long do you plan to take to kill them?

Also it does not break stealth when activated.
    Last edited by Zazen; 09-12-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Soulwalker

Primarily pvp. Being lvl 36 I can't get into dungeons as no one ever needs a dps. Thanks for all the input you guys. I may spec it out for the time being as my poisons don't proc THAT often. If I could dungeon then maybe I'd work more into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morph33n View Post
    Primarily pvp. Being lvl 36 I can't get into dungeons as no one ever needs a dps. Thanks for all the input you guys. I may spec it out for the time being as my poisons don't proc THAT often. If I could dungeon then maybe I'd work more into it.
    DPS is always required for dungeons but the majority of players queue as damage or support which is why it seems to take a long time for you. If you queued as tank you would have almost no wait time.
    Last edited by Zazen; 09-12-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Soulwalker

I tried Riftstalking but couldn't quite get a handle on it.

I tried Riftstalking but couldn't quite get a handle on it.
    Here is a guide to rogue tanking:

Muspel's Riftstalker Guide

Soulwalker

Thats the guide I was using. Something just didnt seem right...I'm not sure. Maybe I'll attempt it again for dungeoning. I've only tried it solo and rifting.

Thats the guide I was using. Something just didnt seem right...I'm not sure. Maybe I'll attempt it again for dungeoning. I've only tried it solo and rifting.
    Yes it's not a soloing guide.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast