+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Having trouble soloing Queens Gambit

Default Having trouble soloing Queens Gambit

OK so I'm having an issue with survivability on the twins. Just got my rogue to level 60 and I'm in all blue gear with a couple of purps.

I usually run Muspel's BD solo spec and it has worked well for me until now.

I have looked into Dunsparrows Tactician spec for this chronicle but I have a question and I was wanting some feedback to read while at work.

They semi recently changed the amount of DMG torrents do so I was wondering what would be best for survivability (full tact) vs DMG (tacman). Does tacman give you enough survivability in starter lvl 60 gear or would full tactician be better for the job?

I know some people will say that either will get then job done but I'm looking for more of an answer than that :P

Thanks for the feedback.

Plane Touched

Two important keys for this fight:

1) Stay out of Krok's conical attack. It hurts quite a lot. Ock's shard attack can generally be ignored unless you're going for the achievement.

2) Keep their HP even. If you're not doing identical damage to both of them, then you need to make sure you are swapping targets to keep their HP balanced. If they start to get out of whack with one another, they start to hit REALLY hard.

Yea this is why I was wanting to build a tactician spec for the torrent spam. But I'm getting hit descently hard consistently. Staying out of the cones they are still wacking me for 1500 sometimes. Mostly about 800-1k consistently. Most of my problem with this fight has been survivability. Basically they do more DMG to me than I can push out on them.

Rift Master

Tactman has 0 survivability beyond curative engine, which most of the stuff in the chronicle will chew through with a vengeance. Use Dunsparrow's full tact spec (if you're still dying, you can modify it for more endurance/more armor in Bard/RS respectively instead of damage).
    The big change now is that restorative bolt can be self targetted. Since that change, you can pull some huge packs, take them down with torrents, and when you're health gets low, pop fortification core and spam Restorative Bolt until you're topped off again.

The damage in full tact isn't great, or as good as the other classes solo specs until you get a significant number of mobs. But it isn't horrendous either. With full tact, I have no problems doing a solo clear of QG, but I still prefer having a partner just to speed things up.

Bladedancer generally does better than Tactician on that fight, in my experience. It has significantly better self-healing, because unlike Tactician, Bladedancer can proc Vampiric Essence. You also have Meditative Trance. And it still has very solid cleave damage-- just make sure that you get a Hack and Slash proc and blink before using Hundred Blades/Dancing Steel.

Plane Touched

If you have the time, full RS can definitely get it done as you can make all the builders AoE to hit both at once. But it does take a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyShadow View Post
    If you have the time, full RS can definitely get it done as you can make all the builders AoE to hit both at once. But it does take a few minutes.
    That sounds horrifyingly inefficient. Even Bard would probably be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    That sounds horrifyingly inefficient. Even Bard would probably be better.
    Multiple Oscillations Cadence = bard would definitely be better.

Soulwalker

I am using the Martian build on the twins and it works great!

Basically the standard Lyx's build, tweak as needed though (i.e. if you find you need more healing can go higher in Palliative Care etc.)

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...T8Fh5im54w/t8g

I use this and follow Lyx's guide;

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...gue-guide.html

Just target Krock and keep them both in an open area so you can circle strafe both of them, stay out of the red cone, when Ock goes to cast his shard, tab target to him and use deaden to interupt, tab target back to Krok and keep circle strafing until they both die.

Lots of ways to keep your health up with that build and an easy win, maybe too easy after you have done it a few times.

OK just an update but full TT got the job done and more. Never dropped below 90% health... op much? Didn't even have to use the spamable self heal. It is kinda boring though. Like the bd/rs build a lot more but will use TT if I ever need that extra survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    Tactman has 0 survivability beyond curative engine,
    ... curative core, curative blast, curative remote...

I mean, it isn't great if you're specced tactman, but they are there.

Wouldn't recommend using it to solo the chronicle with, as it does require a certain amount of raid gear to really be able to pull off. But still.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Shadowlander

Default a few pointers

Quote Originally Posted by Krazyone View Post
    Yea this is why I was wanting to build a tactician spec for the torrent spam. But I'm getting hit descently hard consistently. Staying out of the cones they are still wacking me for 1500 sometimes. Mostly about 800-1k consistently. Most of my problem with this fight has been survivability. Basically they do more DMG to me than I can push out on them.
    If you get hit hard it means one of them gained a stack of self buff meaning you did more damage to one of them than the other, it doesn't take too much to trigger it so yeah. I'm a fresh 60 rogue myself and had frustrating problems with this fight too until I figured out what was causing me to take that damage. Ofc I was also trying to LOS the cast(don't) and that posed allot of other problems.

I don't have tactician available, nor Vampiric Essence. I used a NB/Sin hybrid so for self healing I had Leeching poison. I also had Enduring Brew and Twilight Trance. I found that starting with the caster one was much easier because it kind of forces the other one to come to you and it's much easier to dance around. Depending on luck you can get anywhere from 1 to 3 shard casts. Ideally you'd want to Enduring Brew the first, Twilight Trance the second(you can time it right before the cast finishes so you get reduced damage from it and full heal) and by the 3'rd you should have Enduring Brew back up or not long after. Don't open with burst or anything, straight AOE or you will cause them to self buff and hit you harder, switch from time to time to check their health levels.

Anyway, I saw that you already cleared it with tactician, just wanted to point what was causing the damage in case anyone else has the same problem(and don't have tactician available). You need evenly distributed aoe and maybe a cd or two if you are undergeared.

Personally, I just use my RS/Sin soloing spec for this fight, though it is probably the hardest of the three bosses in QG due to the amount of moving required.

If you do try my build, just periodically switch targets so that they keep roughly the same damage on them and let WotP/Planar Splash/Serrated Blades do most of the work. It has a couple panic buttons as well, so even if something goes wrong, you have Defer Death to get you out of pretty much any hole (short of 10-second lag spikes like I've been getting recently ).

For speed, though, you'll be better off with Muspel's build or Tacman, since AoE is where those builds shine. I just don't have Muspel's build as one of my Roles at the moment and I'm not comfortable with Tacman's squishiness due to the aforementioned lag spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    Tactman has 0 survivability beyond curative engine, which most of the stuff in the chronicle will chew through with a vengeance. Use Dunsparrow's full tact spec (if you're still dying, you can modify it for more endurance/more armor in Bard/RS respectively instead of damage).
    The big change now is that restorative bolt can be self targetted. Since that change, you can pull some huge packs, take them down with torrents, and when you're health gets low, pop fortification core and spam Restorative Bolt until you're topped off again.

The damage in full tact isn't great, or as good as the other classes solo specs until you get a significant number of mobs. But it isn't horrendous either. With full tact, I have no problems doing a solo clear of QG, but I still prefer having a partner just to speed things up.
    I disagree curative engine, barrier remote and curative core have provided me with enough survivability in there so long as I do not stand in stupid.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Maybe I cheat but I kill Ock first, I dont touch the brother. After Ock dies run around for 5 min. If you have his brother highlighted you can see there is a countdown timer on him. Once that counts down to zero he becomes pretty weak.

He will do MUCH MUCH less damage. Just stay out of his cone attack and you will be fine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast