+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PTS Gear/Crystals

Shadowlander

Default PTS Gear/Crystals

So I was surfing the pts last night and noticed that the new raid gear is up along with crystals and what not, which most of you already know.

My question tho:
    After looking at the gear and noticing that there are multiple paths for each gear ex: Crit power belt can also be AP/Phys Crit depending on your choice.

Does anyone else feel this kinda ruins the gear grind? I mean farming will almost be pointless except for relic weapons.

Just my 2 cents.

Also is the CP going to devour most of our AP gear or we going to have to have multiple copys of each gear depending our role for min maxing that spec?

Last edited by Trifecta; 09-08-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Trifecta View Post
    So I was surfing the pts last night and noticed that the new raid gear is up along with crystals and what not, which most of you already know.

My question tho:
    After looking at the gear and noticing that there are multiple paths for each gear ex: Crit power belt can also be AP/Phys Crit depending on your choice.

Does anyone else feel this kinda ruins the gear grind? I mean farming will almost be pointless except for relic weapons.

Just my 2 cents.

Also is the CP going to devour most of our AP gear or we going to have to have multiple copys of each gear depending our role for min maxing that spec?

So...you don't like the idea of not having to hope for good RnG to get the item you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 236FF View Post
    So...you don't like the idea of not having to hope for good RnG to get the item you want.
    Look at it in a different way.

Its been like 10 months since SL came out, a good number of the guilds who've been progression/clearing them early on have more than a few people who have everything they could possibly want outside of a few stubborn pieces here and there.

Do you think the gear acquisition would take anywhere near as long for the next tier if you can pick any stat you want?

I mean, I agree, its nice to be able to pick the stat I want.

But 2-3 months later after you cleared the content, it'll be a real pain to hold interest amongst the raiders you have. And I doubt there'll be more content available soon enough after 2.4 to keep them motivated.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Shadowlander

I completely agree with moonfire, Sure your right about the rng, its annoying but at the same time, you take that away and the aspect of raiding becomes pointless, You'll get everything on farm get your weapons and have no reason to play. min maxing will be a joke.

I really think this changes could potentially ruin raiding for this game. In a longer standpoint.

Any other opinions would be nice so please let em loose

Shadowlander

I honestly think it's a good idea because the way some players like to build is different to others, some like to stack more ap than cp and that's just how it is. It gives people more things to work towards but also if you look at it like this. If you get all the CP gear then you won't have much Ap or Crit so it probably won't benefit you because the way I think about it is if you go full CP gear your crits will hit hard, but without any crit gear you want make any use of this CP if you aren't getting any crits. You can say hey my crits hit for 100K but I never get them. And the same goes crit like no point having lots of crits if they hit for 3k each but always happen and well ap is just good all around.My point is these pathway options give us a better way of stacking the stats the way we want and mixing it up to find the right balance of CP AP and crit stats to do max dps and different specs probably benefit better from different stacks so to the hardcore players it gives them something else to do .

That's just my thoughts and logic. it could be way off but that's way I see it
    Last edited by bcoulson; 09-12-2013 at 06:16 AM.

I'm Kruth, I belong to Coriolis but i'm bad, how does that work?

Bunch of abbreviations and numbers like Sy 6/7, CTR 2/2, GVX 9/9 HM 4/4
    yeah im cool

I'm wearing the pants from an expert for 10 months now. I want my customizable loots now.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Its been like 10 months since SL came out, a good number of the guilds who've been progression/clearing them early on have more than a few people who have everything they could possibly want outside of a few stubborn pieces here and there.

But 2-3 months later after you cleared the content, it'll be a real pain to hold interest amongst the raiders you have. And I doubt there'll be more content available soon enough after 2.4 to keep them motivated.
    If the subsequent tier with its new set of gear takes another 10 months to come out, I have the feeling that it really won't be a lack of RNG gear drops that will make it a pain to hold raider's interest.

Quote Originally Posted by bcoulson View Post
    I honestly think it's a good idea because the way some players like to build is different to others, some like to stack more ap than cp and that's just how it is. It gives people more things to work towards but also if you look at it like this. If you get all the CP gear then you won't have much Ap or Crit so it probably won't benefit you because the way I think about it is if you go full CP gear your crits will hit hard, but without any crit gear you want make any use of this CP if you aren't getting any crits. You can say hey my crits hit for 100K but I never get them. And the same goes crit like no point having lots of crits if they hit for 3k each but always happen and well ap is just good all around.My point is these pathway options give us a better way of stacking the stats the way we want and mixing it up to find the right balance of CP AP and crit stats to do max dps and different specs probably benefit better from different stacks so to the hardcore players it gives them something else to do .

That's just my thoughts and logic. it could be way off but that's way I see it
    This is pretty much why we have stat weights, and nobody who understands math blindly stacks one stat. Depending on the ratios of how much CP or AP or crit you get though, there will likely be a "best" option most of the time unless Trion gets their itemization better.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 09-12-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Shadowlander

Yeah Grinnz you are completely right but I was just pointing out to the person who said we would ***** out on CP gear

1 person in my guild already has upgraded the legs from GA and I was surprised when I found out he could but it was cool

yeah im cool

Quote Originally Posted by bcoulson View Post
    Yeah Grinnz you are completely right but I was just pointing out to the person who said we would ***** out on CP gear

1 person in my guild already has upgraded the legs from GA and I was surprised when I found out he could but it was cool
    People would hit CP cap so fast that it's not even funny.

Which is good as AP would actually get used.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    People would hit CP cap so fast that it's not even funny.

Which is good as AP would actually get used.
    Yeah I'd like to get back go more AP items, I think some people might already be at the CP cap, what is it do you know?

yeah im cool

+ Reply to Thread