+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Some updates for Rogues for 2.4

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Some updates for Rogues for 2.4

Marksman

TíScainís Marksman Crystal 4 piece bonus: Marksman Finishers now cause the target to be vulnerable, increasing damage taken from Marksman ability attacks by 250 for 10s. No longer increases the damage of procced attacks.

Ranger

The Blood Raptor model has been replaced with a new epic looking one.

And has rogue's development done?
    Seleucia - 60 Rogue (Main)
    Kibyra - 60 Warrior
    Coexist (Zaviel EU)
    FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 2/4

Telaran

All the changes we've been waiting for!

the blood raptor is already so op, why make it more op
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Quote Originally Posted by Suyheuti View Post
    And has rogue's development done?
    Yes. There will never be another change to rogues. Also, the number of changes to a class in each patch is directly proportional to how much the devs love that class at that point in time. Except when they are nerfs then it's how much they hate that class.

Anyway. Finally a blood raptor makeover, hope it's a good one!
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 09-06-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Yes. There will never be another change to rogues.
    ailion can retire in peace now that his work is done

Quote Originally Posted by Loasi View Post
    All the changes we've been waiting for!
    newraptoryayyy

Not getting rid of Decoy? =(

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by alltoreup21 View Post

That made me laugh, thank you kind sir.

Ascendant

The new Blood Raptor model's now on the PTS. A little too demonic for my taste but definitely an improvement over the previous. I do rather like his combat animations however.

[IMG]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/8566/5uam.jpg[/IMG]

Edit: Yes, I know I flubbed the image posting somehow...
    Last edited by Kedon; 09-09-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Default raptor skin

I like the skin overall and very welcome change. favorite feature is the huge claws on hands.. not sure about the armor plating color.. lot of contrast vs the red/grey/black hues on the raptor

Plane Walker

Ya know guys....

He was nice enough to take a second to toss you all SOMEthing about a change to our class. Ya all B%$^H and moan soo much about no communication, and even though it's something small and seemingly insignificant, it doesn't mean ya need to jump all over the guy.

It's no wonder he doesn't post much for you J*&^%loads.

You would have had a point pre-Atrius departure. The problem is this. Ailion is now the warrior and rogue Dev. We have seen a METRIC butt load of changes to warriors since Ailion took over. We posted constructive parses pre-2.3 showing how rogues needed various improvements. He responded that he understood this could be the case bit was going to wait until after 2.3 dropped to look at the data and figure out what was going to be changed. After 2.3 has been live for a bit and warriors are again getting more changes we get A change that he is responsible for (Raptor change is art team not class Dev).

Imagine being at work...you watch your boss paying a butt ton more attention to a coworker making sure that coworker can shine. He promises you that he will be working with you shortly. Next review time again you get a token nod. Probably be a little cranky.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

This class needs to be made more complex. I really don't like how incredibly simple it is to play. I have other classes as well so I know how face roll it is in pvp to play mm and sin. Some changes would be to remove passively applied snares from sin. I would put the snare into bd and have it be applied from the silence of bd interrupt. And mm needs a bit more complex rotation.. as well. This is the most faceroll class. I haven't played my rogue in months and I just can't believe how easy it is to play in comparison to other classes, in the FoTM specs especially sin and mm.

Ascendant

I would love to NB but they want the MM: Purgomatic, interrupter; and then complain when dps isn't up - well its not top anymore, live with it, if I'm purging every 3 seconds and interrupting various targets too, and dps'ing the main target too....... dammit I want to NB.

I only Tact with Tactman short term on short runs into the Hive anymore, if that; or my solo build when left alone, since its fun still.

I used to have a Sin build in the old world solo'ing, can't take the time to re-find it and play with it anymore since SL came out, working rep, experts, events, etc. building to raiding now and moving in progression - sure woulda loved to find that sweetspot build again - haven't tried those builds of Sin on the forums yet.
    (you know how it is , keeping specs up for raids).

Yes, I agree, we need more complexity in our builds - hell I haven't used BD since old world year1, pre-Muspel , but I follow the build; and have a lowbie toon playing around with it as it levels somewhere, slowly.

The new Raptor looks awful , imo, beef it up, balance the feet / legs more, damn chicken legged beast, fix the nose, that tail should be able to whip, with a spike.

I still think the Sab needs more smoothing play. Its still a boring spec.

That idea posted awhile back about the NPC mob with knife throwing skills needs to be addressed as a skill/spec for rogues - we are rogues, we need a role of that nature, somehow - rogues , thieves, dasterly ya know.
    Last edited by Chaszar; 09-12-2013 at 05:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast