+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are there any Ranger pvp builds that are viable.

Prophet of Telara

Default Are there any Ranger pvp builds that are viable.

I been a bit bored with MM as my ranged pvp spec, are there any viable Ranger pvp builds out and about?

You'll have to hybridize with MM - it's too reliant on the pet for damage, and those are fodder in warfronts and CQ. Worse yet, they give the enemy chloros/tacts/bards easy targets to heal off of, other players to build CPs/APs on, mages to build charge, etc.

Short answer is not really. I run into PvP without swapping out of it sometimes, and the 10s pet shield is really powerful. Once that is gone, you're meat.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

My favorite pvp spec has always been MM/ranger. something like this: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMAw0Vxx...cvyMV0okA0d0mt

why do i like it? because it gets finishers off in 2-3 builders (lock n load + opportunity + shadow fire) rather than 4 while still having marksman utility

you can argue some point distributions, but i generally use the greater pig for pet and feral instincts

a thing about the pet though: while it's not great for damage (which is why i don't bother speccing for the raptor), it's great for annoying the **** out of whoever you're gunning for. For one, tab-targeters (and there's a lot of them in pug pvp) will constantly grab your pet since it's in the middle of the enemy. Secondly, if you let the pet charge first, the autotarget will give you a few free shots
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 09-04-2013 at 07:48 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    My favorite pvp spec has always been MM/ranger. something like this: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMAw0Vxx...cvyMV0okA0d0mt

why do i like it? because it gets finishers off in 2-3 builders (lock n load + opportunity + shadow fire) rather than 4 while still having marksman utility

you can argue some point distributions, but i generally use the greater pig for pet and feral instincts

a thing about the pet though: while it's not great for damage (which is why i don't bother speccing for the raptor), it's great for annoying the **** out of whoever you're gunning for. For one, tab-targeters (and there's a lot of them in pug pvp) will constantly grab your pet since it's in the middle of the enemy. Secondly, if you let the pet charge first, the autotarget will give you a few free shots
    o well thanks, I just though now that Ranger can out dps MM pretty easy there would be some burst type builds with it in pvp that hit hard and can act as a glass cannon. guess I will stick with 61 mm

Ascendant

61MM is better than the MM/Ranger hybrid and better than 61 Ranger. If you must play Ranger, go 61. The hybrid is dead.

61 Ranger is quite viable in PUG WF's. The damage is good and twin **** + animalism does crazy damage. You just have no utility, which is my main problem with the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    61MM is better than the MM/Ranger hybrid and better than 61 Ranger. If you must play Ranger, go 61. The hybrid is dead.

61 Ranger is quite viable in PUG WF's. The damage is good and twin **** + animalism does crazy damage. You just have no utility, which is my main problem with the spec.
    You forgot no mobility, less range and the inability to do anything at all to anyone who gets in melee with you.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    You forgot no mobility, less range and the inability to do anything at all to anyone who gets in melee with you.
    If you put it with 15MM, you can get a bit of mobility, including hasty departure and OTD. You also get the 35m range. Of course, you lose a little damage from NB/Sin, but it's worth it, imo.

+ Reply to Thread