+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged/Solo/Questing Spec? Not Ranger? Wife's character.

Plane Touched

Default Ranged/Solo/Questing Spec? Not Ranger? Wife's character.

I ve been poking around to see if anything comes up with good survivability for ranged. Her boar seems to be taking a lot more damage now at higher levels and managing the pet is also a hassle. I d like to get her used to playing a more independent role. She has Grandpa's build, but she doesn't care for melee nearly as much. If that is all that is available so be it, but I d like to try as it makes the game more enjoyable for her when she is on her own.

For 50+ Rogues the only real viable ranged choices are Ranger and/or Tactician (yes I know Tact is SL soul and therefore not free). I suppose if you wanted to stick with free to play you could try something like 56 Ranger/12 Assassin (leeching poison)/8 Riftstalker (boosted recovery), but i can't make promises on how that build will actually work.
    Last edited by soulseeker; 09-02-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Plane Touched

She has the SL expansion.

What is a recommended guide for these? If no write ups could you show a talent calculator?

Pick the spec which she likes the most and then have minimum the following points: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Tf/t8g/

Ignore the "only this and this works", every single spec outside of sabo and full RS works for solo play as well as the next spec. If you go with nightblade as main soul, you can keep the +non-physical damage from tact. If you take any other soul, the armor from tact will be more benefical.

Reason for the subspec is Curative Engine for self heals and Boosted Recovery for even more heals when you kill something. Rest of the points are optional.

+ Reply to Thread