+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can we talk PvE Bladedancer? (Experts and Raids)

Shadowlander

Default Can we talk PvE Bladedancer? (Experts and Raids)

Basically, trying to read up on how he is used in PvE (What's good, and what's not) and all that the Rogue Guide Foums have is a Solo build and a almost outdated by a year build. I was wondering about the finer details about how he's run / how well he does in Experts Bosses where it's safe to melee.

*Because I find that every other Rogue DPS build is boring, or not fitting of me (Except Sabo, but it doesn't deal enough ST DPS IMO).

Ascendant

It's almost identical to the 51BD playstyle in the guide.

Here are the differences:
    Use Binary Strike instead of Keen Strike.
    Use Double Strike as your main finisher. Only use Dauntless Strike to maintain the debuff.
    You'll have Fated Blades. The ideal ST dance rotation is BaSP->Dualism->Fated Blades->Double Coup.
    Hundred Blades is part of the single target rotation. Use it during the last second of BaSP and Fated Blades-- even if the dance expires during HB, you'll still get the benefit for the whole channel. (This works with 51BD as well, but you usually want to save it for AoE instead of a tiny ST boost).

I don't think it's necessary to use Hundred Blades for ST anymore as with the slightly increased dance duration you're not going to end up having to use Blade Tempo. Can just save HB for short disconnects and AoE.

Bladedancer's strength is it's very nice AoE burst on top of it's solid ST damage. Particularly great in experts as trash generally has fairly low health and rarely comes in packs of more than 5. You're practically a walking blender when your AoE channels are up.

Add the Bladedancer's bottomless energy bar so it doesn't need Living Energy (unless you're using Defensive Pose) and it's a great all-purpose build for both trashes and bosses in experts no matter the party make up. The only bosses I don't BD are the 1st, 4th and 5th in Unhallowed Boneforge (and even then it's doable, just a bit of a hassle).
    Last edited by Kedon; 09-01-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    I don't think it's necessary to use Hundred Blades for ST anymore as with the slightly increased dance duration you're not going to end up having to use Blade Tempo. Can just save HB for short disconnects and AoE.
    That's not really the main reason that HB was used. It means that you spend less time in Double Coup (since you can clip it as soon as BaSP comes back up), and Double Coup is the weakest of the 4 "main" dances.

+ Reply to Thread