+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sab/tactician, is there a way to make it work ?

Soulwalker

Default Sab/tactician, is there a way to make it work ?

Hey guys.

I've been away for awhile now, and started playing on my rogue again. Tactician was a blast for me (I started my rogue on a RP server at the time and built his story around the fact that he's a technician, explosion freak).

Unfortunately, my rogue always was a saboteur, and i was wondering if there was a way for a -mainly- solo player to use sab and tact. Sab for taking mobs down, and tactician for survivability, and the situational flame torrent to finish a mob.

I was thinking of something like that :

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMtjTtqbocdMuovVMVekVoqkTxo

I'm planning to engage the ennemy by putting charges on him and detonate them, then finishing the job by burning him/freezing/necrosomething him to the ground.

Of course, the tactician tree offers me plenty of survival tools.

Do you think this could be a viable, maybe a bit useful, build ?

Soulwalker

You're gimping yourself a lot with that build. I dont think there's a good way to get a lot of good out of a sab / tact hybrid like that. I use this from a guide in here as one of my roles when I want to sab in WF's. It'll give you the torrents, and plenty of bombs.

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMjtTlMVxkVRqkgtovVVvVcr

I run 3 roles right now, a sin / RS, Martian tactician (in here as well) and the above. For leveling, I'd recommend the tact build, especially for grinding mobs.

Just my thoughts.

The two souls just don't mix well. Tactician torrents aren't worth using without deep talents like Heat Vent, but Sab needs at least 54 points for Spike Bomb. While you can make a hybrid out of them, it's not going to be very effective.

You cant really even use charges and torrents together. If you use spike charge then bombs you wouldn't have enough time to use torrents in between before spike charge dropped. Not to mention you need to use a sab finisher to set off the charges while you need tact finishers to set off torrent overload. It just doesn't work together
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

+ Reply to Thread