+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: About Sin PvP ----- Help ??

Soulwalker

Default About Sin PvP ----- Help ??

I was thinking of doing a sin spec, but I read up on how bad it was during WF.
    How credible is that? I always liked doing the sneaky sneaky stabby business =[.
    But every time I read up on something concerning sins, its always something like
    don't do it be some other spec.

So is sin a viable option ?

Soulwalker

First of, yes i am still low level on my sin so i cant comment on the higher level.

So far my experience in pvp as a sin is not good. I can stick on my target and (depending on the amount of healers that heal my target, got to hate those absorb shields at low level pvp) kill them. But as soon as i killed my target i am dead myself most of the time. As you dont have any way to stealth away after you killed someone your basicly a sitting duck for the enemy team and a free kill.

PvP (not sure about higher levels) seems dominated by ranged builds. As melee you will see more often then not at the end of the game that you managed to do an X amount of damage and 3/4 of the ranged players easily did at least 1.25 times as much damage.

Soulwalker

Hmmmmmm this makes me quite sad

Telaran

Sin (at 60) is amazing in pvp right now. Best spot it's ever been actually. You can't go off of lower levels cuz the real bread and butter is in higher talents.

I run 61 15nb 0mm for stupid burst. You're glass but I enjoy it.
    52/24rs is great for wfs also. Good survivability+hp pool and nice burst.
    52/24bd is kinda niche but also has amazing burst and utility. DD+PM+30%dmg into jagged strike or assassinate and serpent strike is hillarious.

Plus he new domination wfs are basically built for sins. Enjoy
    ~wheeelz@seastone
    <cult>

Soulwalker

sin is all I play in wfs. You are focusing wrong target. Go after heals first then others.

Sin is a wasted slot in a WF. MM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sin
    Even free cost too much now

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Sin is a wasted slot in a WF. MM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sin
    Lol mm. The girls of the rogue soul. I burn mm down in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriyana View Post
    Rogue isn't a soul...
    Even free cost too much now

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Iriyana View Post
    I'll be the first to admit Assassins can kill fast. I've been dominated more than once by them. However, I've killed more Assassins as MM then they have killed me. I watched for them to go after others then I take them out.
    Guild - Mutiny @ Greybriar
    Spannx (Rogue)
    Spannz (Cleric)
    Spannage (Mage)
    Outfitter 375 - Butcher 375 - Survival 375 - Fishing 375

Quote Originally Posted by Span View Post
    I'll be the first to admit Assassins can kill fast. I've been dominated more than once by them. However, I've killed more Assassins as MM then they have killed me. I watched for them to go after others then I take them out.
    this is because mm is one of the only direct counters to sin. bad mm's are fodder and good ones are very tough to take down.

if a mm dies to a sin he's either undergeared, bad, or let a good sin drop all 3 dots on him before he got away and got finished off with swift shot, or the sin rebuffed debilitating poison mid fight, reapplied it, didn't get eradicated again, and somehow caught up w/the mm.

also ignore anything credo has to say about sin rogues, as he's demonstrated (search his posts if you want) he has something against sin rogues, probably because he's butthurt from being ganked by them so many times, in wf's they are very very good in the right hands.

http://www.twitch.tv/sinecru/c/2828521

recorded this a week ago around p70 or something, sin is fun as hell and can make a huge difference on just about any map if you can play.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Rift Disciple

I hit 60 about a month ago and due to holidays, and lack of a lot of time to play, I just hit P60 two days ago. I think the grind to Prestige 60 was annoying to be honest. Much longer than the grind from char level 50-60. I was P50 (max until 60) when I hit 60.

My favorite build is 61/11/4 or 61/13/2 ***/RS/MM and I felt like with the merc gear, even with decent runes, the Assassin was very mediocre. I have been playing assassin solely from the time I started playing, having leveled solely through pvp. I like to think I can play the class pretty well, but never felt like I was viable as a killer. I had one healer typing to me when I was wailing away on him after opening up with all CDs up and unleashing the whole assassin arsenal on him etc... just mocking me with such phrases:

"I see what you are doing there"
    "Oh that tickles"
    "Nobody kills Mr. knickerbocker!"

I never got him below 60% health and then died to his backup...mediocre at best.

Since I got the freelancer gear available at level 60, and some decent runes, I feel like my assassin is finally a viable threat. I still do not have the seal or any of the lesser freelancer essences, but I finally feel more like an assassin.

I can sometimes kill healers, and very definitely annoy them and make them stop healing the team and heal themselves if they want to continue to live.

Unless you are in Warlord gear, you are never going to pwn the whole WF with your assassin, because it has its uses, weaknesses and strengths. Once you learn what they are and where you should apply your skills, you can have an awful lot of fun with assassin. I still love it.

Soulwalker

There are few tricks to taking down healers - i'll drop a hint - you don't have an interrupt, so find something in sin tree that can compensate for it.
    poison malice+that something for interrupt+all dots, and if you want you can drop heal reduction debuff from PA and healer is dead.

Plane Walker

61 sin is very viable in end game pvp, with the right complimentary roles. It has a high learning curve, though, so a lot of people just stick with MM or ranger.
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

Shadowlander

Assassin is easy to play and a total faceroll atm. If you have a healer behind you, you can pretty much even faceroll around in lvl 60wf with pve gear lol... In freelancer, sin is godmode.

Passive snare, tons of survivability and straight st dps with heavy bleeds so dc is not really a problem and even if you dc... just spam twilight force and ur back in the battle. Plus you have a ridiculously long range (35m) charge so...

Learning curve? When you get your rotation with 3-4macros you're pretty much done. No big phylosophy there tbh... Posion malice is now a 1min cd so you have even more dps on your disposal...

Now if only warriors were buffed like this...

btw MM is faceroll anyway. Couple MM with RS and you cannot die now way no way. I mean, if you do actually die... then you have to learn the class.

Edit: The only class that comes to my mind that could be more faceroll than rogue atm is mage pyro... When you pvp as warrior and pyro stuns you... you just break out and bam you are disarmed... So you cant do practically nothing and if you somehow survive the sheer dps burst pyro has, he roots you for 9 secs so yeah... Oh and if you were really lucky to survive this... Then he just kites you to death... did you somehow come close to pyro? He just blinks away. And good luck bursting through the shield...

Eh enough of that you get the point
    Last edited by Meizu; 09-09-2013 at 12:14 AM.

Many rogues I still see key board turn and back pedal.. And since they are pretty much the biggest population in rift IMO... they are still faceroll... but a good rogue who has pvp in the first and pve in the second intent will definitely win games through proper specs... doesn't even have to be MM or Sin.. but in general that is what they play now... also, I still see tons of keyboard turners.. and rogues that don't move away front focus fire.. I almost never put my links on rogues and if a rogue is standing in focus I usually let them die..they are usually a complete waste of mana and heals, even the warlord geared ones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast