+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AceinHole

Thread: 52Sin/24RS Help - PVP

Default 52Sin/24RS Help - PVP

I am having trouble getting anywhere with this spec. I've seen people running it, and they are extremely effective, while I am terrible at it. It's clearly a l2p issue, so I'm hoping someone can lend some tips/rotations/etc.

Thanks!
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Eh, just my opinion.

It is a good duel spec and for 1v1 but I prefer 61sin/13rs/2mm.

Port often, dps, use CD's, thats really all to it imo
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Eh, just my opinion.

It is a good duel spec and for 1v1 but I prefer 61sin/13rs/2mm.

Port often, dps, use CD's, thats really all to it imo
    not sure why people say stuff like this. 61 sin is terrible for pvp. period. unless you have a healer on your *** you're gonna die. a lot.

Did you not notice everyone and their brother are ranged? When you pop out of stealth in the zerg you most assuredly play in because you can't stray far from your precious healing... all those ranged players target you and burn you down in .00002 seconds? Use 24 rs and stop being a bad. Thank you.

Thanks for the assumptions, but I only run 61 sin for 1v1, objectives, or against obviously stronger sides that got healers/premades/whatever.

I go ranged for team play, I don't think any sin spec is bringing anything extra over it. You might live a bit longer with RS but in group play you're still going to get smacked down.

As I said, its still for 1v1 or duel spec.
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Not a fan of Sin/RS. Sure you get survivability, but you get crap dps as well.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by odiasura View Post
    not sure why people say stuff like this. 61 sin is terrible for pvp. period. unless you have a healer on your *** you're gonna die. a lot.

Did you not notice everyone and their brother are ranged? When you pop out of stealth in the zerg you most assuredly play in because you can't stray far from your precious healing... all those ranged players target you and burn you down in .00002 seconds? Use 24 rs and stop being a bad. Thank you.
    Haha " when you pop out of stealth in the zerg" this is where you are going wrong

Quote Originally Posted by odiasura View Post
    61 sin is terrible for pvp. period. unless you have a healer on your *** you're gonna die. a lot.
    it's not

i don't know who you are but i do very well w/61 sin and i see many others doing fine too. 24rs is more of a duel spec, yeah i die at times, but if i am in a situation where i am going to die i was probably going to die anyway regardless of whether i had more points in rs or not
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Soulwalker

I use SinStalker and it is perfect for world pvp and warfronts.

First off, RS is going to give you survivability and utility that is matched with assassin utility. With 24 points you unlock planar reversal. This allows your teleports to place you behind the target. Combine this with backstab and you have a much better chance at getting good burst. Phantom Blow is good for the damage reduction, great fortitude gives you more health, shadow assault is another teleport, stalker phase increases damage by 5% (meh), as well as increasing your healing received. Planar refuge is a damage reduction, and rift guard is yet another survival utility.

You will retain Sin damage buffs and poison buffs, but will give up higher crit chances. The utility is still there, using slip away, increased stealth, and perma-stealth. You will still have from stealth damage increases, which makes the crit you give up negligible.

I use 0mm for swift shot and sprint ability. This can help you close a gap while in stealth, as well as have a ranged ability if needed.

Three teleports, one of which removes CC, a sprint, a "blink" style teleport, slip away, shields, increased health, and you have plenty of burst and utility combined.

You also have foul play and paralyzingly strike for you stuns as needed.

Hope this helps

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    I am having trouble getting anywhere with this spec. I've seen people running it, and they are extremely effective, while I am terrible at it. It's clearly a l2p issue, so I'm hoping someone can lend some tips/rotations/etc.

Thanks!
    Try this spec: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j.../ynxiGBl9kkg/A

In the RS tree you can take 2 points out of Planar boost and put them in resiliance if you want, but it's probably not worth it (a lot of the RS defensive stuff is nerfed in PvP). You can also take one point out of improved final blow and put it in murderous intent. Just play around with it and see which does more damage (I haven't thoroughly tested it).

Spam macro:

#show savage strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast expose weakness
    cast serpent strike
    cast backstab
    cast phantom blow
    cast rift disturbance
    cast savage strike

Put swift shot on its own key due to a melee bug.. It's probably optimal to put Rift disturbance on its own key, but putting it in a spam macro is fine too.

Put foul play on it's own key. Don't macro it.

Thread of death needs to be on it's own key. However you can macro foul play and paralyzing strike together (put paralyzing at the top). This will make it so you can use thread and then stun. You will also need a key for jagged strike so it can be used with thread. If you want you can put jagged at the top of your spam macro and just hit it after you hit thread.

Macro cleanse soul with slip away. You should also have cleanse soul on a separate key for the times you might not have slip available. Also you can put hidden veil in this macro so you don't forget it (I usually buff it before a fight).

You will have two finishers: impale and Final blow. Both will be separately bound, of course.

For the teleports in Riftstalker, you can macro them like this:

#show shadow assault
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast shadow assault
    cast shadow blitz
    cast shadow shift

The only problem with macroing them is you might sometimes accidentally hit the key twice and waste a port. So it's up to you. It's optimal to have them on different keys, but not necessary if you're careful.

Put poison malice on it's own key. It is a lot better to use it depending on the situation as opposed to macroing it.

Same thing for On The Double -- put it on it's own key.

You should never macro your break free into your spam macro. In this spec, you will have two break frees and it's fine to macro them together like this:

#show break free
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast shadow stalk
    cast break free

Buffs:

Planebound resilience
    Stalker phase
    Planar Reversal
    enfeebling poison (casters) -- Leeching (melee opponents)
    debilitating poison

It is wise to keybind your buffs, especially the poisons.

I think this about covers it.
    Last edited by AceinHole; 09-03-2013 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Try this spec: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j.../ynxiGBl9kkg/A

In the RS tree you can take 2 points out of Planar boost and put them in resiliance if you want, but it's probably not worth it (a lot of the RS defensive stuff is nerfed in PvP). You can also take one point out of improved final blow and put it in murderous intent. Just play around with it and see which does more damage (I haven't thoroughly tested it).

Spam macro:

#show savage strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast expose weakness
    cast serpent strike
    cast backstab
    cast phantom blow
    cast rift disturbance
    cast savage strike

Put swift shot on its own key due to a melee bug.. It's probably optimal to put Rift disturbance on its own key, but putting it in a spam macro is fine too.

Put foul play on it's own key. Don't macro it.

Thread of death needs to be on it's own key. However you can macro foul play and paralyzing strike together (put paralyzing at the top). This will make it so you can use thread and then stun. You will also need a key for jagged strike so it can be used with thread. If you want you can put jagged at the top of your spam macro and just hit it after you hit thread.

Macro cleanse soul with slip away. You should also have cleanse soul on a separate key for the times you might not have slip available. Also you can put hidden veil in this macro so you don't forget it (I usually buff it before a fight).

You will have two finishers: impale and Final blow. Both will be separately bound, of course.

For the teleports in Riftstalker, you can macro them like this:

#show shadow assault
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast shadow assault
    cast shadow blitz
    cast shadow shift

The only problem with macroing them is you might sometimes accidentally hit the key twice and waste a port. So it's up to you. It's optimal to have them on different keys, but not necessary if you're careful.

Put poison malice on it's own key. It is a lot better to use it depending on the situation as opposed to macroing it.

Same thing for On The Double -- put it on it's own key.

You should never macro your break free into your spam macro. In this spec, you will have two break frees and it's fine to macro them together like this:

#show break free
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast shadow stalk
    cast break free

Buffs:

Planebound resilience
    Stalker phase
    Planar Reversal
    enfeebling poison (casters) -- Leeching (melee opponents)
    debilitating poison

It is wise to keybind your buffs, especially the poisons.

I think this about covers it.
    Exactly the info that I was looking for. Thank you.

Edit: Can you please explain the swift shot/melee bug? I have it in all my macros and haven't noticed anything before.

I have an effective 61 sin spec, I use it, but I have no duelling spec, nor do I have a spec that offers the forgiveness that 24 RS offers. If you have anything to add, please keep your answers on topic.
    Last edited by robbinthehoodz; 09-03-2013 at 07:27 AM.
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by robbinthehoodz View Post
    Exactly the info that I was looking for. Thank you.

Edit: Can you please explain the swift shot/melee bug? I have it in all my macros and haven't noticed anything before.
    Basically if you put swift shot at the bottom of your spam macro, you will find that you are still casting swift shot even after you get into melee range. It's kinda an annoying bug, but you can test it for yourself.

I have an effective 61 sin spec, I use it, but I have no duelling spec, nor do I have a spec that offers the forgiveness that 24 RS offers. If you have anything to add, please keep your answers on topic.
    This is a good all around 1v1 spec. There are some other more specialized variants of Sin/RS that work better in certain situations.

Soulwalker

I personally wouldn't take a point away from murderous intent, as it raises the damage of me lee abilities. I took mine out of savage strike, dropping the crit chance. I think having higher physical damage is better than a small crit bonus.

I also haven't read anything on pvp nerfing rift stalker mitigation. Is that written somewhere? I know damage and healing are affected in pvp, but I don't see mitigation abilities being reduced.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Blackoutt View Post
    I personally wouldn't take a point away from murderous intent, as it raises the damage of me lee abilities. I took mine out of savage strike, dropping the crit chance. I think having higher physical damage is better than a small crit bonus.

I also haven't read anything on pvp nerfing rift stalker mitigation. Is that written somewhere? I know damage and healing are affected in pvp, but I don't see mitigation abilities being reduced.
    I do know that Exceptional Reslience is nerfed in PvP. It is 3/6/9% instead of 5/10/15. That's just one example, there are probably others.

+ Reply to Thread