+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Damage Calculations

Default Damage Calculations

Am I right to assume damage calculations, basically, go like this in some regard?

Skill tree -> Buffs -> Debuffs on target

IE

Skill tree is Multiplicitive of Buffs, such as feral instincts, which is all, again, multiplicitive of Ace Shot or Magnify Pain?

A keyboard-turner thanks you all in advance!
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

afaik it goes something like everything within a category is additive, and the sum total of those categories are multiplicative to each-other.

Talent bonuses are additive to gift bonuses and are a multiplier to your base.

All Self buffs belong to the same category

All debuffs belong to the same category
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

... relatively sure buffs from others are their own separate category too.

there was a pretty detailed post from a dev somewhere that had this all listed out, but i forget where.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 08-29-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Ascendant

Here's the old quote/post:

To clarify how damage mods work:

Effects of different groups are multiplicative to one another on the same entity.
    Effects within the same group are additive to one another on the same entity.
    Effects of different entities are multiplicative to each other.

1) Passives. Examples: Gifts, Murderous Intent, Blade Finesse, Master Archer, Bolster.

2) Active Self. All activated buffs and proc buffs. Examples: Stalker Phase, Static Shock Munitions, Cruel Vengence proc, Hack and Slash proc, Feral Instinct, Phantom Blow.

3) Raid Buffs/Debuffs. Examples: Natural Dedication, Motif of Tenacity.

4) Content. Any mods used in dungeons, Rift, quests etc.

For effects like Magnify Pain and Silver Tip Munitions which are debuffs on the target, they belong to the Active Self group of the target (not caster). Hence they are multiplicative to the caster's total mod.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4016668

Additional info:

If I have a buff that lets me deal 10% more damage and my enemy has a debuff that makes him take 10% more damage. The final result is he takes 21% more damage from me. (1.1*1.1-1)

If I have a buff that lets me deal 10% more damage and my enemy has a buff that makes him take 10% less damage. The final result is he takes 1% less damage from me. (1.1*0.9-1)
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4016933

@OP - "Skill tree is Multiplicitive of Buffs, such as feral instincts, which is all, again, multiplicitive of Ace Shot or Magnify Pain?"

Feral Instincts is an "active" buff that you activate yourself. Ace Shot is a debuff that you apply to your target, so it would be a multiplicative effect with Feral Instincts. Magnify Pain is a debuff applied to the target as well, so it would be additive with Ace Shot.
    Last edited by Adastra; 08-30-2013 at 12:51 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    Here's the old quote/post:

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4016668

Additional info:

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4016933

@OP - "Skill tree is Multiplicitive of Buffs, such as feral instincts, which is all, again, multiplicitive of Ace Shot or Magnify Pain?"

Feral Instincts is an "active" buff that you activate yourself. Ace Shot is a debuff that you apply to your target, so it would be a multiplicative effect with Feral Instincts. Magnify Pain is a debuff applied to the target as well, so it would be additive with Ace Shot.
    Much obliged, exactly what I was looking for!
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

+ Reply to Thread