+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [Bug] Rain of Arrows and Hunt Legend Shadestalker's Greater Brimstone

Default [Bug] Rain of Arrows and Hunt Legend Shadestalker's Greater Brimstone

Channeling RoA will activate the proc (103 crit power) on this greater essence even when it doesn't hit any targets.

EDIT: Shade Stalker not Shadestalker.
    Last edited by Zazen; 08-29-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    Channeling RoA will activate the proc (103 crit power) on this greater essence even when it doesn't hit any targets.

EDIT: Shade Stalker not Shadestalker.

That's not a bug shhhhhhhh lol

all the tooltip says is "damaging abilities" it says nothing about hitting anything
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    all the tooltip says is "damaging abilities" it says nothing about hitting anything
    'cept I'm pretty sure it works off of some self buffs too. The tagging of these abilities seems rather inconsistent
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Shamans pre-activate the physical ability buff by spamming avalance strike pre-pull. Jolt is also procced in PvP with this skill.
    Last edited by Rounded; 08-30-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Telaran

You can't change this as it's not strictly speaking a bug in the code. You would need an exception to block spells proc'ing it. You don't have to do damage to proc, you just have to use a damaging ABILITY.

I've also never seen a buff proc it, ever. So if you could not say 'ya but i'm pretty sure buffs proc it herp derp.' with 0 proof on a conversation about something you already don't understand that'd be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Loasi View Post
    You can't change this as it's not strictly speaking a bug in the code. You would need an exception to block spells proc'ing it. You don't have to do damage to proc, you just have to use a damaging ABILITY.

I've also never seen a buff proc it, ever. So if you could not say 'ya but i'm pretty sure buffs proc it herp derp.' with 0 proof on a conversation about something you already don't understand that'd be great.
    Sure buddy, I always make completely uninformed posts about everything.

Would you skitter off and disappear if I did post proof that it procs with a self buff? A screen shot? A short video?

Getting that stuff requires effort on my part, and if I'm going to put in the effort, I'd want something out of it.

Because, really, what do I care if you don't believe me?

You're an idiot.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    You're an idiot.
    Not sure why you're mad and making a personal attack on the internet. I've cycled every spec to test exactly what you mentioned, no self buff proc'd it.

Also the item would indeed require an exception to not proc on things like Rain of Arrows because of the way the ability is classified you don't actually have to do damage.

Also if you track the logs from raid you can see none of the external buffs are proc'ing it either.

Not sure why you're mad and making a personal attack on the internet. I've cycled every spec to test exactly what you mentioned, no self buff proc'd it.

Also the item would indeed require an exception to not proc on things like Rain of Arrows because of the way the ability is classified you don't actually have to do damage.

Also if you track the logs from raid you can see none of the external buffs are proc'ing it either.
    He mentioned Rain of Arrows. *I* mentioned buffs procing the greater. It would help alot if you kept track of who said what when you're quoting people and responding to them.

Find a warrior with it, ask them to spam storm blade for a while. Hello charred proccing on a self buff.

Shadowlander

Using rain of arrows to proc it isn't a bug as you just use a damaging ability. So now we can spam Rain of arrows like mages used to spam firestorm for charge before a pull

I haven't seen charred proc from buffs and I know this is unrelated but I have seen opportunity proc (from warlock) from buffs. I haven't read the tooltip so it could be completely different but if it's that same then it could be possible

But I honestly think you should stand in TB buffing and rebuffing till the proc happens to confirm it does or doesn't happen. Spend maybe a whole day and video it so I can laugh at you please

I'm Kruth, I belong to Coriolis but i'm bad, how does that work?

Bunch of abbreviations and numbers like Sy 6/7, CTR 2/2, GVX 9/9 HM 4/4
    yeah im cool

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    He mentioned Rain of Arrows. *I* mentioned buffs procing the greater. It would help alot if you kept track of who said what when you're quoting people and responding to them.

Find a warrior with it, ask them to spam storm blade for a while. Hello charred proccing on a self buff.
    If I remember right the person you responded to here is the same one that basically said...

"Yeah I know Hypatia has an insane number variables so the data is crap for coming to firm conclusions BUT since it is the only data I can find...I will use crap said data and then claim it led to a firm conclusion anyway."
    Last edited by Galibier; 09-02-2013 at 12:50 AM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Telaran

I can confirm that buffs can proc the Charred Flamesource! Happened on both my rogue and mage. Yes, I have two.

Quote Originally Posted by bcoulson View Post
    Using rain of arrows to proc it isn't a bug as you just use a damaging ability. So now we can spam Rain of arrows like mages used to spam firestorm for charge before a pull

I haven't seen charred proc from buffs and I know this is unrelated but I have seen opportunity proc (from warlock) from buffs. I haven't read the tooltip so it could be completely different but if it's that same then it could be possible

But I honestly think you should stand in TB buffing and rebuffing till the proc happens to confirm it does or doesn't happen. Spend maybe a whole day and video it so I can laugh at you please
    I can confirm that Opportunity can proc off of buffs, however the tooltip says it can proc off of any spell cast, not just damaging abilities. The downsides to Opportunity are that it is a relatively short-duration proc (only 4-5 secs depending on your lag) and it overwrites any other similar procs going on.

Oh god.. I remember one raid. Opportunity proc'd....mage accidently hit soul recall mid fight. Yeah that was fun lol.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast