+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I've got a build question

Soulwalker

Default I've got a build question

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMThjlsl...0cvg0VxzVRzoRz

I'm going for Aoe(using Sab abilities along with some RS teleporting ones) DPS, with some Single Target DPS for those few that seem to get near.

What that be a decent build for PVP? I've placed in 7th or 8th place out of 15 people in the level 40 PVP Warfronts (Just hit level 40 and I don't have everything yet), so it seems to be doing alright right now. Any suggestions would be nice. I've been using Stalker Phase to up my damage by 5%, trying to get decent numbers.

I've also though about it and opted for a possible replacement: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMThjlsg...xvg0VxzVRaotuk, focusing much more on AoEs with a lot less Single Target.

Quote Originally Posted by LS95 View Post
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMThjlsl...0cvg0VxzVRzoRz

I'm going for Aoe(using Sab abilities along with some RS teleporting ones) DPS, with some Single Target DPS for those few that seem to get near.

What that be a decent build for PVP? I've placed in 7th or 8th place out of 15 people in the level 40 PVP Warfronts (Just hit level 40 and I don't have everything yet), so it seems to be doing alright right now. Any suggestions would be nice. I've been using Stalker Phase to up my damage by 5%, trying to get decent numbers.

I've also though about it and opted for a possible replacement: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMThjlsg...xvg0VxzVRaotuk, focusing much more on AoEs with a lot less Single Target.
    Way to much in rs imo. Going that deep in rs really only works with sin or nb. Sab you want to be deeper in if that is what you want to run. Id say 13 in rs would be as deep as u would ever want to go for a sab pvp build... Enurance ap and heal. Rest of it just a waste of point that do almost nothing exept giving more health.

my question is how are you going to keep stalker phase up. most rift blinks are targeted and as a sab you really dont want to get up close and personal

a general 61 sab or 54sab/22sin might be better

another thing: saboteur gets a lot lot of its dps from Spike Bomb and High Explosives for both ST and AoE
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-28-2013 at 11:41 AM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    Way to much in rs imo. Going that deep in rs really only works with sin or nb. Sab you want to be deeper in if that is what you want to run. Id say 13 in rs would be as deep as u would ever want to go for a sab pvp build... Enurance ap and heal. Rest of it just a waste of point that do almost nothing exept giving more health.
    alright, thanks. I've got a question though. Is rift prison Single Target or over an area?

Quote Originally Posted by LS95 View Post
    alright, thanks. I've got a question though. Is rift prison Single Target or over an area?
    St. Only useful when your in a 1v1 and some1 shows up to help them.

Plane Touched

Fiskerton is correct, you're mixing up a ranged spec with a melee spec. So expect to generally stick to one type of damage and go with that.

Here's what I might recommend based on what it seems you're trying to do:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#tkx9gy/Bh25iywx4/

The point is that you're concentrating on Saboteur damage, especially from bombs and AoE charges, and using RS mostly for the defensive bonuses (although Planar Boost is pretty decent if you can get it going).

However, you're really missing out on alot of key damage opportunities in Sab, and by skipping Silent Setup you're relegating this to PvP only. And let's be honest, with only ~30 points in RS you don't have enough of the HP bonus, damage reduction, or CDs to really take a pounding.

Think about something like this, which has some defenses/HP for PvP but much better DPS and useful in PvE if you want:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t90y/Bkx9kGlix4/wg

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyShadow View Post
    Fiskerton is correct, you're mixing up a ranged spec with a melee spec. So expect to generally stick to one type of damage and go with that.

Here's what I might recommend based on what it seems you're trying to do:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#tkx9gy/Bh25iywx4/

The point is that you're concentrating on Saboteur damage, especially from bombs and AoE charges, and using RS mostly for the defensive bonuses (although Planar Boost is pretty decent if you can get it going).

However, you're really missing out on alot of key damage opportunities in Sab, and by skipping Silent Setup you're relegating this to PvP only. And let's be honest, with only ~30 points in RS you don't have enough of the HP bonus, damage reduction, or CDs to really take a pounding.

Think about something like this, which has some defenses/HP for PvP but much better DPS and useful in PvE if you want:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t90y/Bkx9kGlix4/wg
    Thanks for the links. that first one is really what I wanted. and that second one isn't bad either!

Soulwalker

After some testing with various of these builds from everyone, as well as the ones I toyed around with using skill tree tools...I now know that I'm utterly useless in PvP except to be a distraction to mages and healers in melee in the 8k~10k Damage output, or dealing relatively low DPS in the 10k~13k range with AoEs. I tend to place around 7th or 8th place in a full WF. I don't think I've got the reflexes or rather the sense of timing and coordination for it. Doesn't mean I won't keep trying though, since there's always room to improve myself, right?

well, tbvh saboteur has a lot of problems in pvp. they're best when defending or assaulting a choke point where people stack together, which means that they only work in very few WFs

if you're looking to improve in pvp in general, it might be best to switch specs

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    well, tbvh saboteur has a lot of problems in pvp. they're best when defending or assaulting a choke point where people stack together, which means that they only work in very few WFs

if you're looking to improve in pvp in general, it might be best to switch specs
    I mean I'm just not good in general XD But I will keep experimenting and trying to find what works best for me.

Plane Touched

One other comment. You're using NB for the +AP, you might consider MM instead. Keen Eye will give you +AP on damage (and Sab only has damage... like literally ONLY damage) and also gives you +5m range.

+ Reply to Thread