+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to level up as a saboteur?

Soulwalker

Default How to level up as a saboteur?

Hi guys
    I need to know which subsouls can be used with the saboteur as main soul (I cannot use the SL rogue soul unfortunately) while leveling (I am just at lvl 14 right now ).
    Thanks in advance

Plane Touched

Make sure to aim for the talent in sab that causes your charges to generate no threat. Maybe you can go bard/riftstalker. Bard for the little HoT and then riftstalker for extra healing taken and the HoT based on attack power after you kill something.

Haven't played a rogue in a while :P

edit: Something like this.
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#BkGiGBllaa8/t8g/vgC0
    Last edited by Bokuunji; 08-27-2013 at 05:57 AM.
    Choof@Faeblight <Synergy> - Level 60 Warrior
    contains idm, rhythm gaming, and like one rift vid l0l

i highly stress that you don't. it's a pain to do (my leveling spec is a bd/rift/sin affair. no need for tact)

offsouls should be 8pt riftstalker for the healing. the other soul doesnt matter. you can put more into riftstalker if you want for better survivability

but the most important thing for sab soloing is traps, especially the rooting one. the snaring bomb for kiting and the silencing bomb for casters. get carpet bombing asap for burst damage
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-27-2013 at 07:13 AM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    i highly stress that you don't. it's a pain to do (my leveling spec is a bd/rift/sin affair. no need for tact)

offsouls should be 8pt riftstalker for the healing. the other soul doesnt matter. you can put more into riftstalker if you want for better survivability

but the most important thing for sab soloing is traps, especially the rooting one. the snaring bomb for kiting and the silencing bomb for casters. get carpet bombing asap for burst damage
    So are you suggesting to use something else while leveling because sab is not that effective ot are there other reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyrice View Post
    So are you suggesting to use something else while leveling because sab is not that effective ot are there other reasons?
    basically. sabo has a lot of survivability problems when soloing. i would suggest using any of the melee souls or ranger
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Plane Walker

Shouldn't be too bad prior to SL (lvl 50). I soloed all the way till SL with marksman (I didn't have tact at that time, so I was using 8 rs 7 bard), which is not recommended for soloing either. After SL it's too much effort to kite mobs due to the higher HP, and it's easier to just sit there and spam skills with assassin.

In rogue guides open up Granpas levelling spec, go that
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Plane Touched

Leveling as a sab is doable, but it's tough.

If you're looking for a way to breeze to level cap, go with Granpa's solo build. If not, use whatcha want. :P
    Choof@Faeblight <Synergy> - Level 60 Warrior
    contains idm, rhythm gaming, and like one rift vid l0l

Sab, by itself, has zero survivability/sustain talents built into the soul. If you insist on using sab to level, you're going to have a good deal of downtime as you drink to recover health, and perhaps more than a handfull of soulwalks back to where you died.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Soulwalker

Are you talking about this guide: Granpa's Guide and this build: NB 41 RS 21 Tact 4? If so, which soul can I use in place of tactician (I don't have access to it)?

Plane Walker

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree/b...2012#t8g/T/v8g is good enough for almost all open world content. Replace the middle soul with whatever you want to play.

Old

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyrice View Post
    Are you talking about this guide: Granpa's Guide and this build: NB 41 RS 21 Tact 4? If so, which soul can I use in place of tactician (I don't have access to it)?
    I would sub ranger for tact until mid 30's. Pig should help with multiple and more difficult mobs.
    Sah Rogue

I preferred leveling as Assassin. Yes the dps is lower but I can stealth though annoying trash mobs to do the quests that interest me.

Either that or level the standard ranged dps with a pet tanking.

Saboteur is awesome at 55+ though.

There are other builds not involving the SL soul that would be far easier to level with. My advice would be to get another slot or swap out Sabo until you can get another slot if you are looking at sabo as ur main soul.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by bigart View Post
    I preferred leveling as Assassin. Yes the dps is lower but I can stealth though annoying trash mobs to do the quests that interest me.
    This is why I love sinstalker. I leveled from 1-60 predominantly with it as my main spec, though I did 1-50 back in like, 1.0~1.1. It's a bit slower kill speed, but it's mean enough to drop anything short of an elite that hits like a truck one on one, and it's sturdy enough to have two or three mobs beating on you while you take down the first one or two, if you play that smart and don't try to constantly take on half a dozen mobs at once. It even lets you take advantage of the Behind-the-mob damage bonus on final blow, once you get high enough for foul play and planar reversal.
    Faeblight Server. R.I.P. Sunrest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast