+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Which 6 specs should every rogue have?

Soulwalker

Default Which 6 specs should every rogue have?

I'm trying to decide which build I should remove from my current 6 roles to make room for 61 Bard.

Currently I have:

61MM/10RNG/5NB
    61RS/8RNG/7Bard
    Granpa
    61RNG/11RS/4TT
    61TT/8RS/7Bard
    PvP (41SIN/25RS/0MM)

Right now I'm trying to fit in a 61 Bard build (for true support in PvP and raids).
    Also, I'm trying to fit in either a 61 NB or 61 Sin build, but I don't know which one is better. At the same time, I'm trying to switch switch over from 61TT to 44TT/35MM, but I'm having really bad survivability problems with the second build. My RNG build isn't optimal for dps -- I use it for single target soloing, Granpa for multitarget. Is there anything else I can improve on? I don't want to put down a bunch of stats about my gear in case its cluttered so I'll just say that I have 414 Hit right now to give a general idea.

My PvP build is not very optimal, I know. I mainly queue as dps/support for PUG experts, but I still use my tank build for PvP.

Any thoughts? Sorry for the essay.

You can buy up to twenty roles (specs).

If you don't want to purchase anymore roles then I would ask which spec you use the least and just replace them as you see fit.

Edit: If I had to pick 6, I would choose
    Bard: Support
    MM: Ranged Utility
    Ranger: Ranged DPS
    PvP: for funsies
    Riftstalker: Tank
    Sin: Melee dps and stealth
    Last edited by Heavens; 08-25-2013 at 04:36 PM.

I think right now you just have too many specs for the same reason. if i'm getting it right, you have 3 specs for soloing (granpa / 61TT / ranger). in the end, you can do all of your soloing with just tactician (even the tactman build, you just have to manage heals)

the only real spec you absolutely must have is 61mm for the utility imo (mm is really more for the purge. there are better specs for dps while still having an interrupt). in a raiding environment, the rest of your roles will be filled with whatever role (tank / dps / sup) you're supposed to be doing for your raid
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-25-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

I would suggest either changing Ranger to a Raid DPS version or dropping it entirely. A good soloing build will be able to deal with both Single- or Multi-target encounters, since switching for each encounter wastes time and you always should expect additional enemies to wander into the fight anyways.

Tact also should be switched to a Raid-friendly build if you are thinking of using it for Raiding. If you only use it for soloing, it will largely be redundant with Granpa.

As for the NB vs Sin comment, NB is more flexible, while Sin has higher DPS under perfect conditions.

Ultimately, you should just see what your Guild wants/needs for you to have, and put those as your top priority. After that, you'll want PvP and soloing builds (or you can use the same build for both if you aren't too serious about PvP), and possibly a Tanking build if you have the gear and want to queue for experts as a Tank.

RIFT Guide Writer

One thing to consider is that you can easily respec between different variations as long as it requires minimal changes to your action bar layout. For example you can have a solo optimized tactician spec which you can respec to a raid optimized version whenever you go raiding.

Best choice is still to get more roles and carry every spec you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    One thing to consider is that you can easily respec between different variations as long as it requires minimal changes to your action bar layout. For example you can have a solo optimized tactician spec which you can respec to a raid optimized version whenever you go raiding.

Best choice is still to get more roles and carry every spec you want.
    ^^^ I have 2-3 roles set up on diff action bars for almost all my roles. Like my tank ranger and niche build are built and have macros and key binds set up on role 7, a plat to respec and jump to hotbar #4 and i go from ranger to tank. Or just buy more slots. but cost of that adds up quick.

I've got:

Marksman
    Ranger
    Bard
    Riftstalker
    Tactman
    Assassin

Nightblade
    PvP spec

6 default + 2 slot role extension from loyalty tier bonuses.

If I only had 6, I'd drop the specific pvp spec and nightblade.

Everything but the pvp spec are raid variants, you can solo with them just fine.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

As a hardcore raider;
    1 - 61MM (For utilities)
    2 - 61Ranger (For highest range DPS)
    3 - 61NB (For everything)
    4 - 41TACT - 35MM (For AoE and signing dungeons as support)
    5 - 44NB - 28RS (For PvP)
    6 - Optional but I'd choose 61BD (for high melee ST and AE DPS)

Note: If you are geared, you don't need bard...
    Note2: You don't need assassin. There is nowhere to use assassin in raids except Goloch. For 1 boss, sin is unnecessary... BD is highest DPS at Gelidra and Regulos if you use correctly. Pretty good at Zaviel, Crucia, Matriarch and Goloch. So I recommend.
    Seleucia - 60 Rogue (Main)
    Kibyra - 60 Warrior
    Coexist (Zaviel EU)
    FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 2/4

Quote Originally Posted by Suyheuti View Post
    Note2: You don't need assassin. There is nowhere to use assassin in raids except Goloch. For 1 boss, sin is unnecessary... BD is highest DPS at Gelidra and Regulos if you use correctly. Pretty good at Zaviel, Crucia, Matriarch and Goloch. So I recommend.
    I use assasin at Gelidra (not HM)Zaviel, Crucia, Progenitor, Kain and Goloch

dont make sin worse than it is...
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

61 Assassin
    NB/Sin *
    61 NB
    61 Ranger *
    61 Marksman *
    Tactman **
    61 Bard *
    61 Riftstalker *
    61 Bladedancer
    Solo Bladedancer
    54/22 Saboteur/Assassin **

* = 1 of my 6 must haves
    ** = choose one of these to be one of the six

You should still be providing Lethal Poison to the raid and I prefer to do that with NB/Sin.

I have 10+ but the 6 I cant do without in the order I use them.

61 MM 10 RGR 5 MM: My general PVP spec
    61 SIN 13 RS 2 MM: My PVP spec if losing, outclassed, want to kill stragglers
    61 TACT (rest somewhere): PVP in premades like conquest/scion
    61 BD: Just for funs, if I get a lot of heals
    61 BARD: For the times you need a bard.
    61 RS: For running stones in cq/scion or just being a general nuisance

I have other ranger builds, some different sin ones (52 sin 24 rs) and some other mm builds, ranger builds, sab build, etc
    Last edited by Fudge; 08-26-2013 at 08:46 AM.
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by spweasel View Post
    As for the NB vs Sin comment, NB is more flexible, while Sin has higher DPS under perfect conditions.
    This is categorically false. The two specs have two different purposes. NB is for high ST dmg with good aoe at the same time. Sin is for maximum ST dmg with no aoe dmg. NB wins out easily on any raid boss with multiple adds (kain, FS spreading on progenitor etc.)
    \

Dps/Heal

1. 61/10/5 sin/mm/nb (sin crystal, max ST)
    2. 44/32/0 nb/sin/mm (sin crystal, good ST with cleave)
    3. 61/12/3 rng/sin/nb (rng crystal, max range ST)
    4. 61/10/5 mm/rng/nb (mm crystal, range ST with utility)
    5. 54/20/2 Sab/sin/nb (sab crystal, max Aoe)
    6. 46/25/5 tac/bard/nb (tac crystal, max Aoe heal)

Tank

1. 61/9/6 rs/bard/rng (rs crystal, highest viable Hp)
    2. 61/13/2 or 61/12/3 rs/tac/bd (rs crystal, high phy mitigation)
    3. 61/8/7 or 61/12/3 rs/tac/bard (rs crystal, high mag mitigation)
    4. 61/12/3 rs/bd/bard (rs crystal, double interrupt)
    5. 44/32/0 rs/bard/bd (rs crystal, providing bardbuffs while tanking)
    6. 41/35/0 or 40/36/0 nb/rs/bd (nb crystal, good tank dps)

2 and 3 depending if you want the rac cd or not. 5 is about same hp as spec 1, you lack some cds and a bit of mitigation, to make space for a dps/heal. 6 depending if you want more aoe dps and on your gear (if you can be healed with constant deviation or not).

Depends on your mainspec though and what you need. But this would be if you are hardcore and doing a certain role.
    Previous Guild: Legit Shard: Gelidra Land: Deutschland

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    This is categorically false. The two specs have two different purposes. NB is for high ST dmg with good aoe at the same time. Sin is for maximum ST dmg with no aoe dmg. NB wins out easily on any raid boss with multiple adds (kain, FS spreading on progenitor etc.)
    So you're saying that NB is more flexible (can AoE), while Sin has more DPS under perfect conditions (ST fight)?

*slow clap*

Yeah, don't call something categorically false and then restate the same position with slightly different wording. I didn't elaborate because it didn't seem necessary unless the TC asked for it (in which case I would have also included information on target switching and positional requirements, which is part of the whole "flexibility vs. ideal conditions" thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Suyheuti View Post
    Note: If you are geared, you don't need bard...
    Even the geared rogues in our raids have bard when needed. Geared rogues are also much better at bard healing or DPS which does make a difference in progression. And of course you are better off having someone bard that knows which button to press to drop orchestra at the right time. It's dependent on your guild.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-26-2013 at 11:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast