+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some help

Default Need some help

I just came back to Rift after taking about 5 months off. I have a Cleric at level 50 and a Rogue at level 53. I am trying to decide which to level. I remember being able to solo Chronicles pretty easily with my Cleric and sometimes I enjoy healing PvP.

With both the Cleric and the Rogue I roll melee for soloing and ranged for groups. Sometimes I support.

With all of the changes to the game in the last 5 months I am just wondering how good Rogues are at 60? Can they solo Chronicles well? How about Ranger or MM dps in dungeons? Is there a better ranged dps alternative now?

Thank you!

rogues are okay at 60. they can solo chronicles if you have tactician and go a rift/tact build

MM dps is the worst, but it's the easiest to learn
    ranger is pretty high dps
    you can also go 54 sabo for ranged

i think you would have more opportunities for raiding with cleric though (if you're willing to heal/defiler)
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 08-24-2013 at 10:24 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Telaran

MM DPS is the worst? what the hell are you smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by draciele View Post
    We have 9 souls:

Riftstalker, the tank soul
    Bard, the support soul
    Tactician, the other "support" soul

Sab, the AoE soul

with these "ST" souls.

Marksman
    Ranger
    Nightblade
    Assassin
    Bladedancer

If you rank the ST dps souls in order of highest potential to lowest on a dummy, where do you think marksman is?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by draciele View Post
    I think he is referring to cleric vs rogues. MM dps is the worst versus a inquis, it is also the lowest versus a pyro, necro, and tempest.

To the OP: I have a rogue main plus a cleric alt, and i really enjoy both. I raid mainly on my rogue and have tons of fun DPSing, but i enjoy a change of pace and healing once in awhile. I think a cleric DPS is easier to learn (druid 3 dots + 1 button spam or 3 dots + 2 button spam) and they do pull WAY ahead in parses. But overall I would pick my rogue, i just have a blast DPSing with him. Factor in the 1 second gcd versus the 1.5 of a cleric also. I like my rotations to go fast, so for me its rogue all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Havec View Post
    I think he is referring to cleric vs rogues.
    No he is not. Marksman is the worst single target DPS soul for rogues with massive margins to top and even the next one on the list. You can push saboteur single target to MM levels if you really want to.

Thanks for the replies. I am still up in the air lol. I don't heal much outside of PvP so I may just stick with the rogue for now. I heard that Inquis dps is pretty good right now and I enjoyed it at level 50 so who knows...

+ Reply to Thread