+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Decoy annoying in experts and everywhere to be honest.

Telaran

Default Decoy annoying in experts and everywhere to be honest.

As a returning player I find decoy to be an annoying new feature of marksmen. A pet who is always on aggressive, why isn't this pet on defensive. Should not a decoy be a distraction for current targets, not bringing extra attention from targets that have not been engaged.

My latest annoyance with this spell was today when I was in Golem Foundry, one of the rogue in the party used this skill for extra dps, and pulled an extra group around 5 times.

My suggestion is to make decoy default defensive.

Can Decoy just be removed and replaced? As a healer, it's really annoying to hear the sound of a person dying in a raid only to find that it was somebody's stupid pet.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    Can Decoy just be removed and replaced? As a healer, it's really annoying to hear the sound of a person dying in a raid only to find that it was somebody's stupid pet.
    Decoy: Uuuuuarrrrgh!
    Me: Oh sugar honey ice tea who died!?

1. Why would you use decoy on trash?
    2. Why would you play mm in an expert?

2 questions i'm asking me right now.
    Previous Guild: Legit Shard: Gelidra Land: Deutschland

Never been a fan of dumb-pets. Just little temp pets that come out and shoot some low damage stuff. They are weird, not very reliable sometimes for targets, and die easy. Would be nice if it was just something more interesting and reliable. Not to mention the thing lasts for 15s and seems to take a couple seconds just to figure out what it was summoned to do.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

For crying out loud! DO NOT make them remove Decoy because you find it annoying.

So you got one spell ONE you have to think before you mindlessly press a button?
    Games are fun because not everything is faceroll press one button or memorize combiantions!
    Sometimes you need spell that you have to think before using, ex Decoy on second boss in GA.

Ascendant

*snort*

I'd like Decoy removed because the ability makes zero sense in the context of the soul. Ranger is supposed to be the pet class not Marksman. Making both reliant on using pets is more than a little silly.

Especially with Decoy as you can't call it out the way of AoEs. It dies in one shot to absolutely anything. You cannot even tell it who to attack.

Not to mention that Marksman DPS is tuned with the Decoy's damage in mind. I'd either get rid of it and replace it with a cooldown that grants equivelant DPS or have it do zero damage and slightly improve another Marksman DPS talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Never been a fan of dumb-pets. Just little temp pets that come out and shoot some low damage stuff. They are weird, not very reliable sometimes for targets, and die easy. Would be nice if it was just something more interesting and reliable. Not to mention the thing lasts for 15s and seems to take a couple seconds just to figure out what it was summoned to do.
    If only it took another second to figure out what to hit

I'll agree, Decoy is annoying. I've used it while hitting a target pretty close to me, and it chose to hit a target further away and therefore pull something I didn't plan to hit at all. It scares the crap out of me when it dies, cause i think it's the death sound from someone in my group/raid. And pets in general are stupid anyway.

Decoys attack the target you focus when summoning, and follows your target to attack.

If a decoy has pulled an extra mob thats because the noob that summoned it must have been stood right nexto the things.

As a long time rogue I see absolutely no flaw in the Decoy apart from it making a noise when he dies, obviously getting healers scared.

and like previously said, any noob that uses decoy on a trash pack in golem foundry deserves to learn the hard way.

Aubree / Aubwolo - Typhiria - EU
    3/3 Infinity Gate - 4/5 Planebreaker Bastion

I just think the tippy top of the mm tree could be a wee bit better than a 3 foot tall aggro machine. MM is supposed to be the alternative to the ranger pet business.

Every time I cast it outside of pvp, it is always followed by a number of expletives and questioning why I bothered casting it.

Decoy isn't a pet. Talking about it in the context of a pet is incorrect. There is an official term for effects like Decoy but it escapes me at the moment.

Yes it's annoying that it doesn't attack your current target when you're in combat.
    Last edited by Zazen; 08-25-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    Decoy isn't a pet. Talking about it in the context of a pet is incorrect. There is an official term for effects like Decoy but it escapes me at the moment..
    Temporary turrets?

Again though I repeat

Decoy: *dies to something* UAAARRGH
    Healer: My brez is on cooldown someone get him!
    MM: hueeeee hueeeeeee hueeeeeeee

Ascendant

It's an NPC with it's own health bar that the player summons to fight for them. In the strictest sense of the term it is a pet.

The only difference between it and others is that it is not permanantly out and you have no pet bar to give it orders. That and it doesn't have the AoE mitigation that permanant pets do.
    Last edited by Kedon; 08-25-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubree View Post
    Decoys attack the target you focus when summoning, and follows your target to attack.

If a decoy has pulled an extra mob thats because the noob that summoned it must have been stood right nexto the things.

As a long time rogue I see absolutely no flaw in the Decoy apart from it making a noise when he dies, obviously getting healers scared.

and like previously said, any noob that uses decoy on a trash pack in golem foundry deserves to learn the hard way.
    You can call me a noob if you want And yes, I don't have much experience with MM. But however I used MM to kill those Pinatas once, and i stood far from other mobs. But my Decoy managed to aim to the right of me, hit mobs that were out of agro range for me (and just as far from my target), and started hitting that instead. So if you tell me that they will always assist, then it must be something else that caused it, but I don't know what. I seem to have heard of similar experiences as well, but this one was so clear it could not be mistaken that it wasn't working as intended. I don't know, I'm sorry if I just assumed they were bad from experience like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    it's really annoying to hear the sound of a person dying in a raid only to find that it was somebody's stupid pet.

Dont Remove it but THIS....

The sound effect has to go, or even better make it a "real"pet that dont dies to every singel aoe/cleave in the game

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast