+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bard buffs - please change the cast time or allow movement

Shadowlander

Default Bard buffs - please change the cast time or allow movement

Hi folks, apologies if this has been posted before/elsewhere, I couldn't find anything .

Anyway, I find the 3 second non-move cast time on the Bard buffs a real PITA (specifically in PvP), it takes 6+ seconds for me to rebuff and by that time most of the side has run off and is in the process of dying already!

I love the flavour of the bard and keeping the fanfares would be ace, so I wondered if you can simply allow movement while casting these?

Thoughts?

There are 2 buffs with cast time. This is in there largely for PvE purposes. Trion has said they want to have Limited (at best) difference between PvE and PvP rulesets....largely because it is a much larger PITA to have to deal with two rulesets every time a patch gets pushed.

You should have been here when cadence could not be channeled on the move and when motifs (and there were more of them...5 if I recalled) HAD to be refreshed manually....
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Shadowlander

Ahhh I see, thank you for the reply .

Plane Walker

Actually I'm quite curious why they have a cast time at all. It seems something unique to Bards, across all classes, not just rogues.

I have a feeling it's because then you would actually have the time to play a "fanfare", longer than the motifs.

Rift Disciple

I believe you are correct on the sound being the reason for the cast time. I seem to recall seeing that somewhere. It's a bit of fluff I could do without. Would make rebuffing in combat much easier.

yeah, i've gone to bard with tact as my support soul, and i have to admit... it fricken sucks having that long cast time before i can even get moving in wfs or CQ. if they're so concerned about the sound effect, cut it to a shorter chord like the motifs. i think that would solve the problems everyone has with it being the only buffs that are nonmoving channels.

also, how do you refresh your motifs w/o casting each one manually? haven't noticed that yet.
    thanks. =]

You can take a talent in bard to give you a 20% chance per combo point to refresh motifs on finishers. If you're still low level you probably don't have it yet.
    Rianeva@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Choras View Post
    You can take a talent in bard to give you a 20% chance per combo point to refresh motifs on finishers. If you're still low level you probably don't have it yet.
    Fanfares, not motifs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    Fanfares, not motifs.
    Read the post he was replying to.

Soulwalker

I agree with the OP. Movement should be allowed. Allowing movement would be consistent with the Bard soul.

Shadowlander

Bard has been so simplified since it first came out a year back. Fanfares on the move would be QOL change, but it is not needed. Its your game play so play it the way you want, but bard and the word PVP do not go together at all. Unless it conquest which makes sense, but in warfronts bard or tact/bard or tactman, they do nothing for a group in warfronts. Just like they do nothing for a group in 5 man dungeons. Now before storm legion that Trololtankbardspec was amazing for pvp to bad its gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Havec View Post
    Bard has been so simplified since it first came out a year back. Fanfares on the move would be QOL change, but it is not needed. Its your game play so play it the way you want, but bard and the word PVP do not go together at all. Unless it conquest which makes sense, but in warfronts bard or tact/bard or tactman, they do nothing for a group in warfronts. Just like they do nothing for a group in 5 man dungeons. Now before storm legion that Trololtankbardspec was amazing for pvp to bad its gone now.
    It does very little for a random unorganized pug group.

Bet you haven't actually gone head to head with a large group in pvp with complete raid buffs. The side without full buffs/support usually gets rolled fairly quickly if you're talking about even numbers.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Havec View Post
    I have to disagree, a well played bard can be really useful and put out a ton of healing in WFs, the buffs are just icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Read the post he was replying to.
    Meh, was expecting non-quoted post to be part of the thread discussion instead of a new topic introduced in the middle.

I don't know why they give it a cast time. Maybe to make it more challenging in PvE. Someone dies -> rebuff -> **** on the ground, got to move -> interrupt cast -> try again...

For PvP, mainly stopped using them (now it's been a while since I played Bard in PvP), apart from in the beginning. People that spawn with me in the middle of a WF will be halfway down the map before I'm done, and to buff only myself, then those seconds are more useful with me as well down where the action is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast