+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A minor QoL change I wouldn't mind seeing

Default A minor QoL change I wouldn't mind seeing

When using any of the targeted Riftstalker port abilities, if you are within melee range of the target, your position does not change when you port. Think of it as simply phasing out to a plane and then back in at your current position.

If you are outside of melee range it would function as it currently does.

Eh, I've used ports to go to a different side of the target before. If you don't have planar reversal on it uses your current direction to determine where you go

That said there are issues with size of hitboxes and ports, perhaps this is what you are referring to

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Eh, I've used ports to go to a different side of the target before. If you don't have planar reversal on it uses your current direction to determine where you go

That said there are issues with size of hitboxes and ports, perhaps this is what you are referring to
    Yes, if I am in melee range, i.e., I can hit the mob, I don't want to be move backwards when I port. For example on Regulos it ports me back a few meters. It's not a big deal but I wouldn't want it to push me back into something I'd rather remain free of.
    Last edited by Zazen; 08-23-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Perhaps it can retain the directional function of either yuor character's current facing or Planar Reversal, and just keep the distance from the center the same if you are within the hitbox already. Either way it is probably an engineering task and not the class devs.

Rift Master

This would be a huge help for regulos an Matiarch. As is stands, I can't keep vortex up when I'm tanking these guys as I keep getting ported to the edges of their hit boxes, and either a) moving adds to an inappropriate location or b) moving beyond where the off tank is standing on Reggy, causing them to take stacks instead of me.

Perhaps it can retain the directional function of either yuor character's current facing or Planar Reversal, and just keep the distance from the center the same if you are within the hitbox already. Either way it is probably an engineering task and not the class devs.
    Do you think only suggestions to the class leads can be addressed on the class forums?
    Last edited by Zazen; 08-23-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    Do you think only suggestions to the class leads can be addressed on the class forums?
    Just pointing out from their perspective it is a bit more than a "minor QoL change" ;)

Just pointing out from their perspective it is a bit more than a "minor QoL change" ;)
    The minor QoL is from our perspective. It could prove to be more difficult and/or time consuming to deliver this than it is worth. I can't comment from their perspective because I'm not privy to their code.

I have analyzed some of the assembly language of their code and all I can say is their engineering team are big into object oriented design.

wouldn't it be nice if you had a buff like planar reversal but brought you to where ever you dropped your memory cap when you blinked?

now that would be an easy fix. hmmmmm.
    Last edited by Luteuel; 08-23-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

This is extremely buggy with some enemies, though. For example, the giant Spider-tank boss in A Hero Rises sends you way out of melee range whenever you use Shadow Assault, as does a few other enemies.

And I might scream next time I accidentally teleport under the floor, though that's not entirely related and probably harder to fix.

+ Reply to Thread