+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Restorative Engine Buff + Purifier Shield Nerf = ......

Soulwalker

Default Restorative Engine Buff + Purifier Shield Nerf = ......

Quote Originally Posted by Solates View Post
    And tact healing is probably going to be about 15-20% lower than bards.

Guess it becomes a 5 pt soul then.
    Here is a screen cap of my guilds Proginitor kill last night.

This is not a "look how amazing I am post", but I did wanna put some feelers out on this. TactoBard is my off spec and I'm rocking mostly blues. I did this fight last week with the Resto Engine buff and didn't come close to this, but now that Purifier can't keep shields on the entire raid I guess there is actually some damage to heal. It does make me feel good to feel useful to the raid, but what do you guys think? Is this too much output for a "support" soul build?
    Last edited by FoxxyCleopatra; 08-23-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by -=Presha=- View Post
    Oh yeah lets roll on Briarcliff with shakeweights so we can look like we are taking a load to the face. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhQBynvTEOY

If it weren't for the fact that Tactbard primarily does trickle heals that just pad the meters, it might be an issue. But as it is, the vast majority of the healing that you do is just sniped from the other healers-- look at their overhealing sometime, and you'll see that it goes up dramatically when you use a Tactbard instead of a 61 Bard. The overhealing increase will be almost exactly equal to the amount of healing that you gained by changing from Bard to the hybrid spec.

Which is why Tactbard is pretty much never worth using, since you give up such a big chunk of raid DPS in exchange for meaningless fluff heals. The one exception is if it actually allows you to drop a healer, but that's pretty much never the case.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Which is why Tactbard is pretty much never worth using, since you give up such a big chunk of raid DPS in exchange for meaningless fluff heals.
    Forgive my ignorance but other than the 5% difference between Orchestra and Power core, where is the big chunk of lost raid DPS if you are running an Archon?
    Oh yeah lets roll on Briarcliff with shakeweights so we can look like we are taking a load to the face. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhQBynvTEOY

Quote Originally Posted by FoxxyCleopatra View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but other than the 5% difference between Orchestra and Power core, where is the big chunk of lost raid DPS if you are running an Archon?
    Not sure if that 5% is accurate. but if it is, that on its own is worth 10k on a 200k rDPS parse.
    Rootyy@Greybriar <Too Many Buttons>
    12/13 T1 || 2/4 GA
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    Rootyy == Moirain == Euphemia == Saiyu

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rootyy View Post
    Not sure if that 5% is accurate. but if it is, that on its own is worth 10k on a 200k rDPS parse.
    Orchestra says it increases your raids dmg by 15% and Power Core says it increases the damage enemies take by 10%. Would that basically be the same thing(minus the 5% difference) or does increasing the raids damage end up higher than increasing the damage the boss takes? Either way I see what you are saying. Also now that I think about it, I think Orchestra stacks with Wild Growth, Flaring, and lava Field where as Power Core doesn't, or something like that. Anyhoo, I swap between Bard and TactiBard depending on what the RL's ask for on that fight.
    Last edited by FoxxyCleopatra; 08-23-2013 at 10:27 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by FoxxyCleopatra View Post
    61 bard has higher personal dps than tactbard.

power core does not stack with wild growth, orchestra does. you want as many raid DPS cooldowns up as possible during flaring power/command to attack, at best you can do orchestra/lava field+wild growth/power core+enrage+flame of life (lolpuri) and all of these should happen when your DPS have the most opportunity to engage the boss and use their personal DPS cooldowns. Even when power core stacked with wild growth, orchestra was still superior because it was a higher DPS bonus when people popped their 2 min cooldowns.

TL;DR: 5% difference in numbers is misleading at best.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-23-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Rift Master

ive been playing around with 61 tact, and the healing potential it has is insane, just kinda playing with the dps side too it st wise
    Pure Class

Harshmallows

Quote Originally Posted by Reaping View Post
    ive been playing around with 61 tact, and the healing potential it has is insane, just kinda playing with the dps side too it st wise
    If you don`t need Ablative and Restorative Bolt, you can go 55tact/16rs/5nb for max healing output-20rs if you want another jump to boost healing for short period.
    Maybe I get a chance to raidheal next week with it.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 08-23-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    If you don`t need Ablative and Restorative Bolt, you can go 55tact/16rs/5nb for max healing output-20rs if you want another jump to boost healing for short period.
    Maybe I get a chance to raidheal next week with it.
    ive healed prog kain, twins geliedra crucia without wardens with 61 tact, and pshing chloros too the max, just my deeps is off theres atm, but 61 does have a place in a raide imo, u can easily drop a chloro for a 61 tact
    Pure Class

Harshmallows

Goodness Muspel and I agreeing... /wink

Bard/tac...What ever you want to call it looks good on a parse because it stomps on other healers. Run regular bard... Then Bard/tac. Look at the over heals of the other healers and yourself when you are running each. To simplify why it is how the All the heals in tac work expect torrent. They heal in little constant streams. Wardens and other healers have cast time and CD based heals. So your heals heal VERY little but essentially constantly. They have no burst so they don't save anyone BUT they look good on the parse.

A 61 Bard however, if you have adds, can parse about as well and save lives. Pop multiple oscillations and use cadence instead of cadenza and the heals are pretty impressive.

Situational? Yes but you are support...not a healer as a bard.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

ive healed prog kain, twins geliedra crucia without wardens with 61 tact, and pshing chloros too the max, just my deeps is off theres atm, but 61 does have a place in a raide imo, u can easily drop a chloro for a 61 tact
    Methinks you're probably running something that's not a bare minimum healing setup if you can drop a chloro for a 61 tact.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

I've given up arguing about TactBard. People are still mired in the past from when it was heavily bugged.

So many people just fundamentally don't understand healing and simply look at their heal numbers. TactBard has no place in any raid for any reason over a 61 bard.

This is the greatest line of gross stupidity I've read in a long time regarding TactBard.
    Last edited by Zazen; 08-24-2013 at 01:03 PM.

61bard dpsing, drop the warden and take a tac for groupheal. As long as you don't need the cleanse/br tac is healing insane amounts, you get a powercore and some decent dps if there's nothing to heal.

Healed with my alt in a pug last night and was around 36k-46k hps overall (around 10k-12k of it was actual hps) depending on stacking and we had way to many healer.
    Last edited by Hotandcold; 08-24-2013 at 10:43 PM.
    Previous Guild: Legit Shard: Gelidra Land: Deutschland

Using pug results as what works heal wise is horrible. Especially again when dealing with the Tac build. Check what your overheals were. Check what the other healers over heals were. Then tell us it is a great idea.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast