+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for best PvP/PVE builds for latest update

Soulwalker

Default Looking for best PvP/PVE builds for latest update

Retired WoW player new to Rift. I am looking for the best PVP/PVE builds for for the current updates. Melee class builds please. Any advise on rotation would be greatly appreciated as well as any scripts.

Shadowlander

Go to the guides section of rogue discussion and check out the 61Nightblade specs and 61 assassin specs for top melee dps rotations and macros

I don't know about pvp builds
    Last edited by bcoulson; 08-23-2013 at 04:59 AM.

I'm Kruth, I belong to Coriolis but i'm bad, how does that work?

Bunch of abbreviations and numbers like Sy 6/7, CTR 2/2, GVX 9/9 HM 4/4
    yeah im cool

The patch didn't radically change anything for rogue builds you should have with the exception of making Saboteur more viable.

On the subject of sab, a couple of us ran it on Twins last night but the melee people complained about not being able to clearly see the void zones. When we switched back to Tactman the visibility issue went away for them.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder91 View Post
    Retired WoW player new to Rift. I am looking for the best PVP/PVE builds for for the current updates. Melee class builds please. Any advise on rotation would be greatly appreciated as well as any scripts.
    Why does everyone have to mention "I am from WOW"
    Why not just say hey I am new to Rift. Who gives a **** if you played WOW?

Quote Originally Posted by bcoulson View Post
    Go to the guides section of rogue discussion and check out the 61Nightblade specs and 61 assassin specs for top melee dps rotations and macros

I don't know about pvp builds

Pretty much this for pvp also...
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder91 View Post
    PvP: 52Sin/24RS is probably the best all around melee spec for rogues in PvP. 61sin will do a bit more damage and can be used in certain situations, but a good player running the right spec will destroy you (inquisitor, tankish warriors, even a good MM who knows how to kite).

52/24 has a good combination of damage, utility and CC breaks. It also gives you about 10k more HP than 61 sin as well as more mitigation. 61 sin is squishy and only has one CC break which is its achilles heal in PvP. It's great for soloing other glass canon specs (like pyro, 61 RB, or MM), but sucks most everywhere else.

Don't even bother with NB in PvP. It is a dead soul. 61NB has some really good burst once every minute, but is bad the rest of the time. It also only has one CC break, which means you will get owned quite a lot. It can do well if you have pocket heals, but then again a lot of specs can perform with a good pocket healer. The 61NB's I see in WF's who do well *always* have pocket heals and still usually never do better than me in MM or Sin.

As for Bladedancer, it is a really interesting and fun soul, but I'm sorry it sucks in comparison to assassin (I don't care what other rogues tell you, they are wrong). Sadly, BD should only be used as an off-soul. I like to mix it with my 61 sin build for a second teleport and an interrupt/silence.

So basically:

52/24 for an all around WF build
    61sin for an open-world (choose your target selectively) gank build.

As for PvE, lol don't know and don't care..

Shadowlander

Default nb dead for pvp?

lol @ nb being dead for pvp, nb is sooo op in pvp. just gotta know how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathiia View Post
    Why does everyone have to mention "I am from WOW"
    Why not just say hey I am new to Rift. Who gives a **** if you played WOW?
    Nothing like a nice warm welcome for new players to our community.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenoname View Post
    lol @ nb being dead for pvp, nb is sooo op in pvp. just gotta know how to use it.
    SO how do you use it then?

Lampoon is right in describing when its useful and when its not....although his statement of being it a dead soul isnt accurate...
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Just taking a guess here but im thinking he was saying sin is more viable. Nb being dead in pvp isnt a comandment written in stone more anyone that can really use nb effectively will prob destroy you in about any spec they run and can do it much better as a sin or mm.

Shadowlander

Default ummm how do i use it

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    SO how do you use it then?

Lampoon is right in describing when its useful and when its not....although his statement of being it a dead soul isnt accurate...
    how I use Nightblade by SupermanJonez

I use nb mostly for pvp. the passives are stupid strong and I mostly pair it with sin.
    Normally I'm running a 40nb 36 sin 0 bd. It doesn't kill every spec out there but it does well against most. Guess I could list some strengths.

Strenghts:
    Nices cooldowns(poison malice, twilight, ebon fury*for energy drainers*, enduring brew, side steps and a few more)
    really nice passives
    perma steath

and I guess I will give some weaknesses

Weakness:
    Until your geared you will be squishy
    no hidden veil (which is why I also carry a 61 sin spec)
    twilight is godly but on a 2 min timer (COME ON TRION JUDICIAL IS 1 MIN AND CAN BE RESET!!!)
    buffs purgable
    debuffs cleanable

So as u see not a very op spec but its utility is great for killing stragglers in cq, killing people open world, it works well in codex for holding a point. But enough jibba jabba time to log on and kill some people. If you have any questions shoot me a tell Supermanjonez@seastone and if u see me in CQ......RUN!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread