+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Geared tank riftician

Telaran

Default Geared tank riftician

So thought I'd toss out a fun tanking spec, this is not for progression, but will help to top dps charts in dungeons, Tdq, FT/EE, when pulling mobs while maintaining enough hp/mitigation to keep the healers from hating you.

Making up names is fun, The Riftician:

build: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMtTclq0...vlsVtkhkf0sd0z

main spam macro for getting combo points:

#show Planar Strike
    cast Battle Remote
    cast Phantom Blow
    cast Rift Disturbance
    cast Planar Strike
    cast Empyrean Bolt
    cast break free

Blink macro:

#show Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Stalk

The dps rotation is the same as the tactician rotation, once you've got your mobs on you using today's latest threat generating tactics.

glacial torrent
    infernal torrent
    glacial
    infernal
    combo point to 5 (empyrean bolt works good if you can range yourself)
    torrent primer
    motif of bravery
    necrotic core or curative core

repeat.

Tanks with roughly the same cds as all riftstalker tanks but instead of the shield you can use the tact barrier remote. Don't forget to use curative engine buff. Constant deviation should be used in order to make dps feel bad about themselves.

Cheerio,

D

This seems interesting, but i feel like you have to be overgeared for this. ill check it out on my current gear which is currently all xpert gear. if its good i compliment you when i get back home if not....
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance

Rift Master

You'd have to be extremely over-geared for this to work, with over geared healers as well. Just in gifts alone, you're missing:
    - 24% endurance increase
    - 32% armor increase
    - 40% resist increase

I'll admit that some of that is gained back from the tact skills, but your also missing the mitigation/healing bonuses from Bard and Ranger.
    Barrier remote is an alright CD for this, but doesn't come close to Planebound Aegis, and you lose a big "OH $!@#" button in Scatter the Shadows.

Given that you're missing a significant number of damage boosters to your torrents (between abilities and gifts), I'm guessing that you're pulling no more than 10K with 5 mobs on you, which I can almost do alone with Planar Vortex and Constant Deviation.

With all that, there's no way I'd use this in any raid (TDQ, FT, or EE). Could be viable in an over-geared expert run with guildies. But the only true place I could see running something like this is GHunt V's, where I'm trying to gather all the mobs as the tank, and the torrent range would really come in handy.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    You'd have to be extremely over-geared for this to work, with over geared healers as well. Just in gifts alone, you're missing:
    - 24% endurance increase
    - 32% armor increase
    - 40% resist increase
    The differences with my gear
    hp
    Riftician - 52k
    top spec - 61.4K

Armor
    Riftician - 66843
    Top Spec - 73511

resist
    Riftician - L-2151, D-1922, F-1813, W-1793, E-1922, A-2151
    top spec - L-2465, D-2209, F-2085, W-2065, E-2209, A-2465

Do the math, its not as bad as you say.

I'll admit that some of that is gained back from the tact skills, but your also missing the mitigation/healing bonuses from Bard and Ranger.
    Curative engine, curative core, curative blast (though I've never had to use it)

Barrier remote is an alright CD for this, but doesn't come close to Planebound Aegis, and you lose a big "OH $!@#" button in Scatter the Shadows.
    Planebound aegis vs barrier remote- ok its not even close, but its enough to do the sparkly pedestal in the Archive of Flesh. Something has to give..

Scatter the shadows- even pug healers cleanse.

Given that you're missing a significant number of damage boosters to your torrents (between abilities and gifts), I'm guessing that you're pulling no more than 10K with 5 mobs on you, which I can almost do alone with Planar Vortex and Constant Deviation.
    This is a pull the whole dungeon spec, so if you only have 5 or fewer mobs on you you're doing it wrong, but in the biofoundy I pull 20K+.

With all that, there's no way I'd use this in any raid (TDQ, FT, or EE). Could be viable in an over-geared expert run with guildies. But the only true place I could see running something like this is GHunt V's, where I'm trying to gather all the mobs as the tank, and the torrent range would really come in handy.
    Hater. All I was saying is that there is no reason to have 70k hp in Tdq or FT, so go with something else, also EE is pretty easy and you could dps Matriarch well with this, as well, your torrents will pull agro, yay. Or go with the bd spec and bring in 2 interrupts.

It is a fun spec,

ST- my top is 7k.
    Aoe- top at 26k.

Anyway you look at it its more than some pugs are pulling.

+ Reply to Thread