+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lack of interrupts, alternatives?

Shadowlander

Default Lack of interrupts, alternatives?

So I was looking at our rogue builds and our melee is much higher dps but we don't have an interupt unless we go 61BD ( for a viable dps build) so it's MM or riftstalker. Now riftstalker is for tanking really and I looked to see if we could get some viable points in it for an interupt but it doesn't really seem so. I'm talking about melee specs so I'm going to ignore MM just because the dps is good but it could be much better. Anyway so I was thinking maybe if we went 61NB, 12 BD ( taking the 10% dex, increase dmg from finishers and a few points in combo builder dmg) and 7 MM ( so only 2 points in the ap boost from crits ) would this be a viable spec? Obviously It won't be highest dps otherwise we would be using it in the first place. I would like to know if anybody wants to put in a bit of time do some parses and let me know how much lower it was compared to 61NB/10mm/5RS and our other top specs. Also if I have missed something obvious to why it will be lower dps just let me know I'm forgetful

Although I like not having to worry about interupting it would be nice to have build to do

I'm Kruth, I belong to Coriolis but i'm bad, how does that work?

Bunch of abbreviations and numbers like Sy 6/7, CTR 2/2, GVX 9/9 HM 4/4
    yeah im cool

First off, you only get 76 points at level 60. So if you go 61 NB and 12 BD then you'll only have 3 left for anywhere else.

One other minor problem I can see is that it will lack survivability, at least for soloing purposes. Some people aren't bothered by this, but I tend to be one of those people who favors survival if given any sort of choice.

As far as actual DPS performance goes, one of the more experienced rogues around here would be able to give a far better answer than me.

In the current tier, there's no fight where this is worthwhile.

On most fights, the tank handles interrupts. On the ones where they can't get all of them (Matriarch and Salvarola), Nightblade isn't the best choice anyways.

Shadowlander

I was using a soul calculator app on my iPhone while making these and it gave me 80 points so that's my bad for not realising lol

Yeah muspel I know what you are saying but just say for a expert or something it could be nice to have the interupt, I don't trust pugs -_- haha

Thanks anyway guys

I'm Kruth, I belong to Coriolis but i'm bad, how does that work?

Bunch of abbreviations and numbers like Sy 6/7, CTR 2/2, GVX 9/9 HM 4/4
    yeah im cool

Telaran

The build you linked will work. It's not going to win any races vs the optimized builds, but you do get your interrupt.

All a matter of what is more important for your gaming happiness in the end. The difference in damage is not astronomical.

Telaran

If you want to run an entire separate spec for interrupts from melee, why not just run 61BD?

For experts, yeah, it's plenty viable. 61BD is generally a better choice for 5-mans, though, because it has a large energy surplus even without Living Energy, has much stronger burst AoE, and does better on target swaps.

Unfortunately BD is probably the weakest dps offsoul. But overall I agree that we need an interrupt in nightblade which would benefit both 61NB and NBSIN. Another option would be an interrupt in sin but then PVPers would cry even more.

Wipe Inc - Zaviel
    4/4, 5/5, 4/4, 1/3

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    In the current tier, there's no fight where this is worthwhile.

On most fights, the tank handles interrupts. On the ones where they can't get all of them (Matriarch and Salvarola), Nightblade isn't the best choice anyways.
    Tell that to all our rogues going MM on Matriarch because Champ and Shaman are way better at add cleaving now.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    Tell that to all our rogues going MM on Matriarch because Champ and Shaman are way better at add cleaving now.
    A cleric tank can handle all Matriarch interrupts by himself. He just needs to spec for it.
    Last edited by Zazen; 08-22-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Lol i hope this is a troll. Tact still works great on that fight and it has an inerrupt. While ill agree it is a pain to do in tact its managable and good tacts have had deaden on their bars forever to back up anyways. Mm is without question the worse spec on that fight hands down from any class. Bd is beast on that fight.

Ohnyea and a rogue tank can spec 12 bd and solo interrupt to.
    Last edited by spowers454; 08-22-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Rift Master

No troll. With the last set of changes, we found no point to having tacts for matriarch any more. Champ do the job a hell of a lot better (more sustained ST on matriarch, better burst on the adds). And with the warriors doing that, interrupt fell to the rogues.

No troll. With the last set of changes, we found no point to having tacts for matriarch any more. Champ do the job a hell of a lot better (more sustained ST on matriarch, better burst on the adds). And with the warriors doing that, interrupt fell to the rogues.
    Yeah but why would you use Marksman over Tactman?

Your Shamans and Harbingers also have ranged interrupts.

Telaran

Come to think of it, the 54Sab/22BD also features an interrupt with pretty solid AOE damage.
    Last edited by Eilidh; 08-22-2013 at 01:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast