+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is a Malevolent Shadesource G-Essence any good for me as a Bard or Tact?

Shadowlander

Default Is a Malevolent Shadesource G-Essence any good for me as a Bard or Tact?

It's a level 60 Epic Greater Essence This One.

It's actual numbers are Chance to Deal 402 Death, receive 662 Health

Is this any good for Raiding as Bard.
    Would it be suitable for my Tactician Solo spec, or are Lessser with +stats gonna still be better?

Would work better on a Warlord/Champ War, or should I just sell it?
    Thank you for any answers.

Rift Master

You can use it with some of the top-tier hunt legend lessers to combine the two in a single Relic Greater that has both the proc of the greater, the stats of the lesser, and can be placed in the greater slots.

That said, the draining one is pretty useless. It's better than nothing, but probably worth more to try and sell, and get a better greater you can upgrade.

Draining effects are nice for soloing, but not well-suited to a raiding environment. It's your call if you would rather keep it or try to find a buyer for it - it may very well be worth more to you as a pile of cash than as a Greater Essence.

Quote Originally Posted by spweasel View Post
    Draining effects are nice for soloing
    Quick side note: it's not going to do anything for his Tactician soloing spec, because torrents cannot proc greaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Quick side note: it's not going to do anything for his Tactician soloing spec, because torrents cannot proc greaters.
    Ah, thanks. I always forget that since I don't use Tact.

Bolts Rays and Cores (droping/first tick) in tactician all cause greater procs. In the energy alteration spec both my greaters are often up at the same time, or one then the other. Still, I think they are up less then other specs due to torrents not proccing.

That said I think you'll want to ask around for the HPS before you bother to upgrade - I've heard some really bad things about the HPS of some of these greaters in PVE.
    Last edited by Hodor; 08-21-2013 at 07:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread