+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great immobilizing pvp build? (Build inside)

Telaran

Default Great immobilizing pvp build? (Build inside)

Hello!

So I am messing with different builds for my rogue, and each i've seen and done have all had great advantages and disadvantages. I decided to make this one since I haven't seen a lot, so tell me what you guys think of it.

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMVhTvVackMushbovVoAzku0c

(Please note i'm only level 42)

Basically what im looking at is either opening with a damage teleport or just stealthing and hitting a damage attack, (Maybe put a few points in sin to get assassinate later ok) then spamming my typical primal/dusk strike (Dusk strike using no energy) plus phantom blow, as soon as they start trying to escape, I spam with twilight (slows down 30% movement speed) AND ebon terror that confuses for 2 seconds (Both twiliight and ebon are no cooldowns either which means anyone ranged will be constantly slowed and confused) and with that, I have 3 teleports that gets me to them. I use guarded steel that procs my shield to absorb damage keeping my alive longer (Especially because I don't know if this class does good damage so it's good to stay alive for more damage)

I'm still learning the class, and there are tweeks that need to be done, and this very well can be a bad build, but I was just curious if anyone would tell me if this build is good or not? Seems like i'd be good in close and distant range. Thanks in advance for your help!

Rift Guard has diminished effect in PvP, and Ebon Terror is only useable while in stealth.

Telaran

So Rift guard doesn't matter in PVP? Can you explain a little more why? It's actually helped me lately.

So other than those skills, can you elaborate on the build?

Quote Originally Posted by Zafan View Post
    So Rift guard doesn't matter in PVP? Can you explain a little more why? It's actually helped me lately.
    In PvP, it absorbs less than the 5% of incoming damage indicated on the tooltip. If I remember correctly, it's 2-3% against other players-- not useless, but so minor that you probably won't notice it unless you're digging into the combat log with a calculator on hand.

So other than those skills, can you elaborate on the build?
    Nightblade/Riftstalker is a common PvP build. It's very good at dueling and 1v1 due to its tankiness and how powerful Twilight Transcendence is, but it's somewhat mediocre in Warfronts due to its relatively limited utility. In particular, it's not all that great at harassing and killing healers, which can be very important.

But even though it's not very flexible, it's still not bad, so use it if you enjoy the playstyle. But one of the nice things about Rift is that you can have a lot of different roles, so it's a good idea to also carry around another PvP build (like 61 Marksman) to supplement it for situations where you need to fight more than one or two enemies at a time.
    Last edited by Muspel; 08-20-2013 at 12:00 PM.

Ascendant

Hello!

So I am messing with different builds for my rogue, and each i've seen and done have all had great advantages and disadvantages. I decided to make this one since I haven't seen a lot, so tell me what you guys think of it.

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMVhTvVackMushbovVoAzku0c
    Umm, no. NB/RS is a dead spec. Do not waste time with it. You are much better off with Sin/RS in every situation. I mean things are different in the low brackets, but at 60, what I am saying is true. Nightblade sucks unless you go 61 points into it.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    You are much better off with Sin/RS in every situation.
    That's not entirely true. Sin/RS suffers a lot more from purges than NB/RS does, which can be an issue if there's a good Marksman on the other team.

But that's extremely rare, and NB/RS doesn't do particularly well in that situation anyways.
    Last edited by Muspel; 08-20-2013 at 01:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread