+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aurcenia

Thread: Alright, it's been a few days since the rogue changes guys. Post your new builds.

Soulwalker

Default Alright, it's been a few days since the rogue changes guys. Post your new builds.

This is a pvp build only by the way.

Mines not exactly new, but with the new assassin damage buffs you can afford to sacrifice a small amount of damage and go tanky.

THE FATSSASSIN

54sin/22rs/0mm
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j.../y9iBlaGiIl4/A

WAY tankier than your typical 61 assassin. You are now FAT. The only difference is you don't have the 3rd poison, and no charge. But since you pick up THREE teleports from riftstalker, who cares right? You're just so FAT

I found a SLIGHT damage decrease obviously, but this is a pvp build and you don't need to be min/maxing numbers. The damage decrease is so small that I hardly notice it. I still take down healers just as easily as I did in 61 assassin. You will also be taking down high dpsers MUCH easier because of your new fattness. Seriously, it's HARD to take you down solo.The Fatssassin REIGNS SUPREME.

You also have a massive hp boost, a 30% damage reduction CD and a passive shield that absorbs based on your max health. What I love about this build is that you retain every single aspect of what an assassin is all about, but become incredibly difficult to kill in the process. Hence why you are now The Fatsassin. Extremely high single target damage and perma stealth. Whats not to love?

You'll be picking up a lot of solo kills with this build. Incredibly strong dueler. Boosted recovery isn't too strong on its own, but coupled with Blood Thirsty you'll be recovering at least 450+ hp per tick. You'll thank me later fellow Fatssassins.

What you end up with is a high hp, damage mitigating, incredibly mobile, high ST burst assassin that is almost impossible to take down solo. While dueling builds will be able to at least contest The Fatssassin, this build is meant for warfronts, where everyone is pure glass cannon, a tank that does no damage, or a healer.(Citation needed) All are nothing to The Fatssassin.

You can't be kited. You can't be out damaged. You are incredibly annoying to kill. You could totally start going to the gym but you just don't feel like it. You are The Fatssassin.

Disclaimer: Just like any assassin, The Fatssassin does not excel in giant teamfights. But because you are now The Fatssassin and have ~28k health you can afford to jump on that healer being healed by 7 other healers while you get pummeled by dom and tact aoe. But thats what slip away is for, right guys ????
    --------------------

That being said, The Fatssassin is still a work in progress and I'm sure there are plenty others who are working on their own variations of getting FAT. Any feedback whatsoever is GREATLY appreciated as I'd love to hear how other rogues would change/Improve my build and why they would.

Soulwalker

61 assasin/ 12bd / 3 mm
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#As/ykFlliGAGl4/x8ho

I use this for shutting down healers. Adds an interrupt to the tool kit and ranged attack and finisher from marksmen.

For open world PvP I usually go with a variant of your build usually with 28 points in RS only because you may have more 2 v 1 cases the cc in riftstalker can be useful. Also the points that reduce the teleportation cooldowns just makes mobility a breeze.

I think I may try your build for a change I miss serpent strike burst with my build and only gain a small amount of utility.

Still for warfronts I am digging full assasin with the bd interrupt. I know its anecdotal and all but I an a very new player and with a few exceptions using 61 mm I am never top 5 of damage with full assasin as long as I play smart I am almost always near the top.

Suprised me since its such a single target SPEC but its been fun since the buff feeling a bit op even in all merc gear.

For when I play SIN (outmatched, stealthy goodness) I am 61 sin / 13 rs / 2 mm

I will give your build a try out tonight.

I have other builds but mostly 61 specs.. 61 marks, ranger, tact, bd and even a 61 rs for tankiness.
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

I don't do PvP but i absolutely loved your writing!
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aurcenia View Post

Mines not exactly new, but with the new assassin damage buffs you can afford to sacrifice a small amount of damage and go tanky.

THE FATSSASSIN

54sin/22rs/0mm

WAY tankier than your typical 61 assassin. You are now FAT. The only difference is you don't have the 3rd poison, and no charge. But since you pick up THREE teleports from riftstalker, who cares right? You're just so FAT

I found a SLIGHT damage decrease obviously, but this is a pvp build and you don't need to be min/maxing numbers. The damage decrease is so small that I hardly notice it. I still take down healers just as easily as I did in 61 assassin. You will also be taking down high dpsers MUCH easier because of your new fattness. Seriously, it's HARD to take you down solo.The Fatssassin REIGNS SUPREME.

You also have a massive hp boost, a 30% damage reduction CD and a passive shield that absorbs based on your max health. What I love about this build is that you retain every single aspect of what an assassin is all about, but become incredibly difficult to kill in the process. Hence why you are now The Fatsassin. Extremely high single target damage and perma stealth. Whats not to love?

You'll be picking up a lot of solo kills with this build. Incredibly strong dueler. Boosted recovery isn't too strong on its own, but coupled with Blood Thirsty you'll be recovering at least 450+ hp per tick. You'll thank me later fellow Fatssassins.

What you end up with is a high hp, damage mitigating, incredibly mobile, high ST burst assassin that is almost impossible to take down solo. While dueling builds will be able to at least contest The Fatssassin, this build is meant for warfronts, where everyone is pure glass cannon, a tank that does no damage, or a healer.(Citation needed) All are nothing to The Fatssassin.

You can't be kited. You can't be out damaged. You are incredibly annoying to kill. You could totally start going to the gym but you just don't feel like it. You are The Fatssassin.

Disclaimer: Just like any assassin, The Fatssassin does not excel in giant teamfights. But because you are now The Fatssassin and have ~28k health you can afford to jump on that healer being healed by 7 other healers while you get pummeled by dom and tact aoe. But thats what slip away is for, right guys ????
    --------------------

That being said, The Fatssassin is still a work in progress and I'm sure there are plenty others who are working on their own variations of getting FAT. Any feedback whatsoever is GREATLY appreciated as I'd love to hear how other rogues would change/Improve my build and why they would.
    I know i'm only 42, but I have this similar build, and I know a lot of people like putting tons of points in Sins for big burst damage and so forth, but when so many classes stun, root confuse, blink, the three teleports in Riftstalker feels like it's a MUST in PVP.. Of course I know other players probably do well without it, but i've seen people succeed with just a quick kill from stealth (but I see having problems if they don't down the guy in a few seconds), but I enjoy the fact that I can do pretty good damage, stun, and stop someone from escaping.. It may not lead in DPS and it might not survive most in groups, but IMO it's one of the BEST dps supports, and with this build, I feel that if you have a healer and a hard hitter with you, or you are defending a node or flag in PVP, this build is awesome.
    Last edited by Zafan; 08-20-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Soulwalker

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMwA0V0V...VvVxtdsMh0M0Vo

Working with this in mind while leveling. Sticking in pvp as much as I can so I got to thinking this would be a good build. Seems like it has a nice amount of self-healing at least enough to help me survive long enough to get something done in warfronts and not sit in the graveyards all the time.

Only level 33 and i am happy with my dmg output at the moment.

what do you guys think.. Just started playing not to long ago so still in the works of learning the game. Just thought i would try my own build just wanting some input on it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aurcenia View Post

THE FATSSASSIN

54sin/22rs/0mm

While 52/24 is a good PvP build, I think your point layout is kind of wacky. For instance, you did not take Ruthlessness (this is PvP remember). I would rather have 5% more crit than I would 5% more damage (i.e., don't bother with magnify pain). You only took 1 point in advanced flanking. Why? Sorry but I want my extra 25% crit chance from stealth. Puncture is a wasted point, don't bother with it. Take the point out of puncture and put it in blinding power -- it works as an interrupt and comes in handy in a a lot of situations.

In riftstalker, you have a point in strengthened will. Why? It does nothing in PvP. Put that point in Phantom Blow instead. Boosted recovery is kind of a waste when pairing with sin (much better to take it if you are running NB/RS). Take those 3 points and put them in Planar Boost instead.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#t/ynGkBiB2F8w/x8gyw

Sin/BD 55/21

Made it just for one purpose, interrupting on Salvarola (not enough warriors sometimes and
    this is better than ranger).
    On PTS it is about 700-800 below 61-10-5 Sin-MM-NB but it has interrupt.
    (I ofc tried 61sin-12bd-3nb but it was over 1400 dps behind, hack&slash is just too good to miss if going to bd).
    Hack&Slash scales really nice in raids and together with blade tempo it almost manages to account for missing virulent poison!

P.S. why nb and sin don't have interrupts is beyond me
    World 1st red trinket - finally retired. Tnx for chronicles!

Soulwalker

While 52/24 is a good PvP build, I think your point layout is kind of wacky. For instance, you did not take Ruthlessness (this is PvP remember). I would rather have 5% more crit than I would 5% more damage (i.e., don't bother with magnify pain). You only took 1 point in advanced flanking. Why? Sorry but I want my extra 25% crit chance from stealth. Puncture is a wasted point, don't bother with it. Take the point out of puncture and put it in blinding power -- it works as an interrupt and comes in handy in a a lot of situations.

In riftstalker, you have a point in strengthened will. Why? It does nothing in PvP. Put that point in Phantom Blow instead. Boosted recovery is kind of a waste when pairing with sin (much better to take it if you are running NB/RS). Take those 3 points and put them in Planar Boost instead.
    Good points I ended up trying 52/24 assasin riftstalker.

I moved several things around from ops build also.
    Last edited by Berdilio; 08-21-2013 at 04:58 AM.

Soulwalker

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    For when I play SIN (outmatched, stealthy goodness) I am 61 sin / 13 rs / 2 mm

I will give your build a try out tonight.

I have other builds but mostly 61 specs.. 61 marks, ranger, tact, bd and even a 61 rs for tankiness.
    This is similar to what I use but I just go 58/15/2. Granted I've been using that since before patch and have been using 61 marksman almost exclusively now and haven't modified it at all.
    Phixler
    Phixation - RR83 Swordmaster - Badlands

With poisons procing more I am surprised that you guys would all go with builds that gimp yourselves by going with less than 61 in assassin. Nothing has changed for me with my builds. Assassin is still 61 SIN/15 NB/0 MM.

Open world, I'm using 61sin/15BD/0MM

Most WFs are 44MM/32 RNG, no AoE, all ST dmg, I like to find someone that is good on my team and let them pick my targets.

I have a 52sin/24 RS, but I have no idea what I am doing, and I didn't really know where to put my points. Also I have not put any time in putting together macros or slotting abilities, but I have one!
    robbinthehoodz@Greybriar

Soulwalker

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree.j...aF4/wkGkb4AGwQ

And now for something totally different... Only for PvP now.

I have a weird idea for a full stealthed nightblade build. I have not tested this but I see it working off a normal nightblade rotation but having slip away to reapply dark malady and poison buffs for the superior procs.

4 points in RS so my health won't be 22k and for another buff to block purge.

I can already sense this will fall flat on its face in damage vs more pure builds but it may have its place as a harrasser type roll.

Moderate damage good for stealing killing blows due + damage under 30% health and a bit more tricky due to slip away and so forth.

Any feedback welcome.

After playing around I like this

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMAwTVLzvlRqkqkAdduqtkvV

+ Reply to Thread