+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rouge PA help

Shadowlander

Default rouge PA help

hi what PA should i max first? im using Nightblade. also in War what should fill first? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chanono View Post
    hi what PA should i max first? im using Nightblade. also in War what should fill first? Thanks
    First thing is to put 1 in each starting hex and the purple planar charge. Max that out.

What weapons are you going to be carrying? There are buffs for daggers, swords, etc...

I looked first for dexterity buffs...
    I use daggers so I went with air.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/planar-attunement#7fOGVllGJJI

The others, I strung out with to get what ever buffs I wanted.

Play around with Magelo's planar attunement calculator.
    Let Elrar know you care @

https://twitter.com/GiantApproved

Shadowlander

thanks yes im using dagger also getting all planar charges. and im in t3 air. someone said i need to get fire first for mount buffs? also what is important in WAR to fill first?

Rift Disciple

Note, you don't have to fill out a section before switching to another element. You only need to fill out a section when you want to move up. So your first goal should be to generally hit the ranged weapon hexes, you will always have a ranged weapon equipped and the AP bonus is flat across everything, the dagger and sword hexes and then the stat hexes, dex first then end or str. If you raid or plan to pvp, I would focus on end before strength the increased survivability will be worth more than the minor stat bump from strength. Only fill out the green and yellow hexes when it is time to move up a tree.

For people who solo at all, I always suggest using the first 50 PA levels to get Vampiric Essence from Death. After that, I'd say Air has the best overall boosts for a Rogue (Dex + Dex enchant + OoC Walk Speed), though it is certainly wise to boost your Charge capacity before maxing out any one element.

I'm a little hesitant to raise mount speed given the ongoing problems with fast mounts.

Plane Touched

Vampiric essence are hardly useful in pvp when your target is getting healed a lot, and completely useless when your target is not healing, like when soloing pve content. So stay away from death until all your dex and weapon hexes are filled. Air is a good idea to start with, fire was mentioned so you could get the weapon buff "honed edge", it gives you 80 attack power on each of your one handed weapons, which is the best PA buff for dps.
    World first Intrepid Drowned Halls!! WINING 4/4 2/3 2/5

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dreezie View Post
    Vampiric essence are hardly useful in pvp when your target is getting healed a lot, and completely useless when your target is not healing, like when soloing pve content.
    It sounds like you are confusing the PA buff in tier 2 death, Vampiric Essence - Gives damaging ability attacks a 20% chance to return 10% of the damage done in healing, for 2 hours. Usable on One Hand, Two Handed. Requires Item Level 50 - with the MM weapon buff Vampiric Munitions - Grants ranged weapon attack abilities a 50% chance to reduce healing received by 10% for 15s and siphon all of the stolen healing to the Rogue. Lasts 1h.

Similar sounding, but works completely different. The death weapon imbue is a nice option if you don't want to or can't use a 4 Tact/8 RS build for soloing.

I only used VE while leveling with leeching/boosted. For PVP the +100 vengeance whetstones are just too good not to use.

I went, in this order

2 in each PA for planar buff
    All of PVP tree
    All of AIR tree (I use daggers)

In fire at the moment mostly for runspeed
    I will go life next for mount speed I guess.
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Shadowlander

im using 4 tact 8 rs so i dont have a problem in healing. but im confused it is useful to get mount speed first or fire before going to dex or air?

In my opinion, there is no such thing as too much healing - more self-heals means you can pull more at once and take on stronger enemies with much less risk of death. The other PA weapon enchants don't do anything for short fights besides possibly end the encounter very slightly sooner.

I don't know exactly at which point it becomes a problem, but if your Mounted Speed is too high, the game engine can't keep up and you end up launching into the air every time you bump into a rock, which is why I have a hard time suggesting Fire. If you're willing to put up with the potential drawbacks, though, Mount Speed is probably one of the best effects you can get.

As far as I know, the Walking Speed boost from Air works in Stealth so long as you aren't in combat. NB and Sin should be able to appreciate being able to sneak around or position themselves faster.

Life slightly decreases the time it takes to get on your Mount, but is otherwise not especially exciting.

+ Reply to Thread