+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Muspel

Thread: Ablative Coil / Curative Blast

Champion of Telara

Default Ablative Coil / Curative Blast

In my opinion, these are the only things holding back tactician from being a great support soul.

Suggestions to improve these abilities:

Curative Blast

A. Increase the HoT amount by 20-30% and frontload the HoT ticks similar to the way Soothing Stream works. Or increase the healing by a much larger amount, and backload the HoT ticks similar to the way Atrophy works.

B. Additional effect that causes targets effected by Curative Blast to receive 200-300% healing from Curative Remote (also a weak skill, but not one of your only support finishers)

C. Add an initial tick to CB equal to an AoE Restorative Bolt

D. Add a talent interaction that buffs the next 1-5(per CP) restorative bolts by 5-25%

Ablative Coil

A. Increase the damage reduction to 50% reduced by 7% per second of the channel. This would give it a more reactive feel to it.

B. Add a pulsing heal or absorb effect so you don't feel like you are contributing nothing but a buff during the channel.

C. Increase healing taken by restorative core/restorative blast/curative remote/curative beam by 100-200% during the channel.

Note: I am not asking for all of these changes, just throwing some ideas out here most of which would be standalone and not combined with the other changes suggested. If anyone has other suggestions that'd be great too.
    Last edited by Soboboo; 08-18-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Are you actually saying that Ablative Coil, the strongest raid cooldown in the game, isn't strong enough?

Champion of Telara

Well, I guess I should have specified that I don't PvE. If thats the case then I'm guessing there's zero chance of a buff

Quote Originally Posted by Soboboo View Post
    Well, I guess I should have specified that I don't PvE. If thats the case then I'm guessing there's zero chance of a buff
    You are still usually part of a raid when you PvP and it is still the most powerful cooldown in the game you can apply to more than 1 person at a time.

I find ablative coil is really strong as is and its effective on fights like Crucia during orbital strike! Also, the full healing in tact is pretty strong as well, but most people don't use it.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

RIFT Guide Writer

Problem with ablative coil in pve is that is has no real purpose. If you are bringing a 61 tactician into a fight then it's obviously to raid heal and there's usually no more than 2 or 3 raid healers. Then in most situations where you could use ablative coil you might as well use curative torrent instead. The 6 seconds of channeling and not doing anything makes it so much weaker. It's 2 raid healers healing 70% of the incoming damage vs 3 raid healers healing 100% of the damage. It could only shine on mechanics which just barely one-shot people and the mechanic happens more than 2 minutes apart and that is extremely rare. Encounter mechanics are balanced to be survivable without ablative coil so there is no reason to sacrifice so much to bring it.

+ Reply to Thread