+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chaszar

Thread: Rogue 2.3 PVE Questions

Soulwalker

Default Rogue 2.3 PVE Questions

What do you think is the best single-target build and what build should I now build for AOE now that Tac is nerfed?

Ascendant

Honestly, you should read the guides, and make up your own mind; only you know what play style you like, and what may suit you.

There are tons of opines there alone.

There are also numerous threads, already, on these forums on this topic.

I don't mean to sound brusque, but its been covered quite alot, just due to a few patch changes while leveling. And you can learn new things to adjust along the way with specs.
    Last edited by Chaszar; 08-18-2013 at 07:01 AM.

The short answer is "it depends on the fight".

Look into NB/Sin (melee) or Marksman (ranged) for ST and Saboteur for AoE. There are specific encounters that have Assassin and Tact pull ahead, but those builds will be fine for a majority of situations.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by alltoreup21 View Post
    Look into NB/Sin (melee) or Marksman (ranged) for ST and Saboteur for AoE. There are specific encounters that have Assassin and Tact pull ahead, but those builds will be fine for a majority of situations.
    You mean Ranger for ranged. The only reason MM is used in raids is cause of purging.

Ranger beats MM in damage, period.

I'd like to know what's better for main in PvE Blade Dancer or Night Blade and don't say neither, I'd really like to play one that's not flavor of the month but still good?

If you really wanna boil it down to that two specs, NB is less niche
    Last edited by Nynja; 08-19-2013 at 06:26 AM.
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Quote Originally Posted by Pednick View Post
    I'd like to know what's better for main in PvE Blade Dancer or Night Blade and don't say neither, I'd really like to play one that's not flavor of the month but still good?
    Again: neither. On some bosses, Nightblade is better. On others, Bladedancer will outperform NB.

You can have up to twenty role slots. Carry around both specs and switch between them as needed. You're not limited to playing just one.
    Last edited by Muspel; 08-19-2013 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pednick View Post
    Neither one is flavor of the month. One of the the things I love about Rift is that it doesn't really suffer from flavor-of-the-month-itis (certainly not on the scale WoW does). Sure certain classes/specs might see a spike in play one way or the other after a round of buffs/nerfs hits, but it's usually very short lived. Also, I should point out that neither of the specs you mentioned has seen major changes very recently that I can think of.

one last point: If you want to go min/max then you will have to learn to play multiple specs because each one performs differently in certain fights. Personally I think this is very purposeful, and overall a good move on Trion's part to help avoid having flavor of the month classes/specs.

+ Reply to Thread