+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Aspect for the 40 Bard 36 Tactician Build

Telaran

Default New Aspect for the 40 Bard 36 Tactician Build

Now I am sure that some will disagree with my assessment of the changes I made so first look at the build: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMMctvVr...dVvVqcocdMuqkz

Big change you will notice is that I have Zero Points in Street Smart but I have 3 Points into Invigorated Soul as well as 1 Power Cord and 3 more into Chord of Inspiration. This build also lacks Improved Anthem of Competence but this is a Hybrid Build that is supposed to have more Healing & more Damage than the straight 61 Bard Build or 61 Tactician Build.

Invigorated Soul grants +6% of our Attack Power to Healing to 5 Party or Raid Members, Power Chord straight up heals for +9% of our Attack Power as well as Increases the next Cadence or Cadenza damage by 15%.

I try to end combat with 5 Combo Points thus I can start a combat using Empyrean Ray which activates Primer Amplification +10% to Heals and Damage for 30 seconds. Thus allowing my common 5 point builder as Power Chord +2 combo points followed by Cadenza now at +15% extra Damage granting +3 Combo Points thus allowing me to utilize Virtuoso where as I immediately place our 3 Major Debuffs on the Target Coda of Cowardice, Coda of Distress and Coda of Jeopardy. Then you are free to spam either Coda of Wrath or Coda of Restoration depending on which is needed more at the time. As the last second of Virtuoso ticks off stop and reuse either Empyrean Ray or Curative Blast to relaunch Primer Amplification aka P.A. Then you can either use the Infernal & Glacial Torrent combo plus the macro for Empyrean Bolt which launches both Curative Remote and Curative Core, if you are looking to increase your damage then you are able to use Torrent Primer which increases damage up to 40% (50% with P.A. active). Using either Torrents to Damage or to Heal while you await Virtuoso's Global Cooldown.

I feel the loss of 5% Healing & Damage you obtain from Street Smart to balance out as now you contribute more Healing than before as well as more Burst DPS using Cadenza @ +15% Damage vs at +5% which is weak. Power Chord + Cadence grants you +15% AP into Heals or Power Chord + Cadenza granting you +6% AP into Healing then +15% extra DPS. This build is also a bit sturdier than the other one. This is after all a Hybrid Build, and the Zero Points into Assassin allows you to Poison your Weapons which also lends itself to extra DPS.

Anyways this is my take on the 40 Bard 36 Tactician Build. Enjoy and Excelsior young Bards! ! ! ! and Semper Fidelis

Soulwalker

how has this build been working out for you

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpella View Post
    Now I am sure that some will disagree with my assessment of the changes I made so first look at the build: http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMMctvVr...dVvVqcocdMuqkz

Big change you will notice is that I have Zero Points in Street Smart but I have 3 Points into Invigorated Soul as well as 1 Power Cord and 3 more into Chord of Inspiration. This build also lacks Improved Anthem of Competence but this is a Hybrid Build that is supposed to have more Healing & more Damage than the straight 61 Bard Build or 61 Tactician Build.

Invigorated Soul grants +6% of our Attack Power to Healing to 5 Party or Raid Members, Power Chord straight up heals for +9% of our Attack Power as well as Increases the next Cadence or Cadenza damage by 15%.

I try to end combat with 5 Combo Points thus I can start a combat using Empyrean Ray which activates Primer Amplification +10% to Heals and Damage for 30 seconds. Thus allowing my common 5 point builder as Power Chord +2 combo points followed by Cadenza now at +15% extra Damage granting +3 Combo Points thus allowing me to utilize Virtuoso where as I immediately place our 3 Major Debuffs on the Target Coda of Cowardice, Coda of Distress and Coda of Jeopardy. Then you are free to spam either Coda of Wrath or Coda of Restoration depending on which is needed more at the time. As the last second of Virtuoso ticks off stop and reuse either Empyrean Ray or Curative Blast to relaunch Primer Amplification aka P.A. Then you can either use the Infernal & Glacial Torrent combo plus the macro for Empyrean Bolt which launches both Curative Remote and Curative Core, if you are looking to increase your damage then you are able to use Torrent Primer which increases damage up to 40% (50% with P.A. active). Using either Torrents to Damage or to Heal while you await Virtuoso's Global Cooldown.

I feel the loss of 5% Healing & Damage you obtain from Street Smart to balance out as now you contribute more Healing than before as well as more Burst DPS using Cadenza @ +15% Damage vs at +5% which is weak. Power Chord + Cadence grants you +15% AP into Heals or Power Chord + Cadenza granting you +6% AP into Healing then +15% extra DPS. This build is also a bit sturdier than the other one. This is after all a Hybrid Build, and the Zero Points into Assassin allows you to Poison your Weapons which also lends itself to extra DPS.

Anyways this is my take on the 40 Bard 36 Tactician Build. Enjoy and Excelsior young Bards! ! ! ! and Semper Fidelis
    Um. where to begin.

PC: remove from bar. Its useless. Using results in less damage and less healing.
    If you are using cadence then IS does jack all.
    None of your math actually works, aka you don't understand what does what.

Here's a hint. Delete this spec. Replace with 61 bar/10mm/5rs, win.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Um. where to begin.

PC: remove from bar. Its useless. Using results in less damage and less healing.
    If you are using cadence then IS does jack all.
    None of your math actually works, aka you don't understand what does what.

Here's a hint. Delete this spec. Replace with 61 bar/10mm/5rs, win.
    This is the part where you hang your head in shame, and go back to your bridge troll.

Though as the previous poster asked, how is this working out? It looks interesting enough. I goofed with it a bit and it didn't suit my play style.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Risanthia View Post
    This is the part where you hang your head in shame, and go back to your bridge troll.

Though as the previous poster asked, how is this working out? It looks interesting enough. I goofed with it a bit and it didn't suit my play style.
    Unfortunately for you, there is no troll. Everything I said is 100% accurate. The OP simple is doing incorrect math and doesn't know how the skills work.

The reality is that using PC in any rotation is detrimental. It results in less DPS and less healing than the alternatives.

And any variation of tact/bard has been a dead end since they fixed the numerous bugs with it.

+ Reply to Thread