+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nightblade + Pet?

Soulwalker

Default Nightblade + Pet?

I just finished downloading the game, haven't started playing yet, but from research and stuff, I decided I want to play a Nightblade/Ranger.
    Messing with the Calculator I got to a level 49 build with 41 points in Nightblade and 24 in Ranger.
    Again, I haven't played the game yet and have no Idea how well this would work, but I'll be happy to get some input on how to make the combo work.

It won't work as the pet will be fully useless.

Don't use ranger unless you intend to go fully into it, there are only downsides to doing that small amount of points in a hybrid. At 41 ranger, you could pick up marksman as support, before that no.

The pets are not an aggro magnet, they're extra DPS which takes a while to reach the target, will run away from any AoE damage and usually just pull extras if you don't want to micro manage them.

Rather, go full Nightblade and shove 8 points into Riftstalker for Boosted Recovery and 4 into Tactician (if available) for Curative Core. If Tactician isn't available, go to Bladedancer for Side Steps and some extra damage.

Soulwalker

Okay, Thank you for the help. Kinda sucks that it doesn't work out. I'm running a duo pair with my friend as a healer, so I was hoping I could DPS While my pet tanked. Oh well, I'll find something that works out for us!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    It won't work as the pet will be fully useless.

Don't use ranger unless you intend to go fully into it, there are only downsides to doing that small amount of points in a hybrid. At 41 ranger, you could pick up marksman as support, before that no.
    Aaahhh every moral fiber of mine wants to say "SHUT UP YOU!" but sadly they are right. Ranger is a weird class that if you don't really devote some effort to it in the points then your pet doesn't really do all that much. Hybrids tend to be a little weird in this game. More niche than a real solid play style.
    I'm 55 right now running 45 nb/5 tact/21 rf. Seems to work pretty well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arazyi View Post
    Okay, Thank you for the help. Kinda sucks that it doesn't work out. I'm running a duo pair with my friend as a healer, so I was hoping I could DPS While my pet tanked. Oh well, I'll find something that works out for us!
    Well, if you actually have a healer, if you are below lvl50 go with almost a full Riftstalker + Bladedancer for additional AoE. You will plow through mobs like no tomorrow.

After lvl50 go either Bladedancer/RS, Nightblade/RS or Tactician if you have expansion souls. Emphasis on biggest AoE damage with some increased HP from RS.

+ Reply to Thread